It’s been just one week since launch and the My Starbucks Idea team has been (unimaginably) busy reading and commenting on your ideas. We want to say “thank you!” We’ve gotten so many great ideas and so much enthusiasm surrounding those ideas. It’s pretty amazing.
Also, we’ve received some great questions/comments from some of you that we thought would be good to share with the entire community—so here it goes:
- What’s with the duplicate ideas? Yes, we’re seeing a lot of these. In some ways that’s a good thing—great minds think alike—but in terms of votes, it’s diluting them. So we just want to remind everyone to take a quick look at the site (via View All Ideas) to see if your idea has been posted by someone else and is already in the top grouping. If it is, vote on it instead of posting a new one, which will help the idea rise to the top.
- How can I report an offensive posting? Simple. If you see something off color, please shoot us an email at email@example.com. We’ll take care of it.
- How can I recognize the Starbucks Idea Partners? You may not have noticed yet, but our Idea Partners have a screen name convention of sbx_ followed by 4 characters. So when you see that screen name, just know that it’s one of us responding.
- Who is “CustIdea” and why are they commenting so much on their own posts? A little background: before we launched the site, we asked about 400 regular customers for their ideas, just to see what kind of response we’d get. Needless to say, it was huge. We put their favorite ideas and related comments up on the site, before launch, to get the ball rolling—and we posted all of that with the screen name “CustIdea” because we didn’t have screen names or accounts for those would-be users.
- What does “UNDER REVIEW” mean? You may have noticed that the Punch Card System idea (and others like it) has been marked “UNDER REVIEW”. That means that we are taking that idea to the next level for review by a variety of Starbucks groups. Does it mean we will implement a punch card? Not necessarily. But we’ve heard you and are working to find a way to reward customer loyalty. Keep your eyes on Ideas in Action for updates!
That’s all for now. Thanks again for all of your input and enthusiasm. We really do appreciate it!
The MSI Team