Not surprisingly, the most frequent and the most passionate conversations in the MSI community are about coffee. We take coffee seriously as it is the core of our business and we love that you do too. We have seen many ideas and comments asking for more emphasis on coffee and if you are in Seattle, Boston and San Francisco the introduction of Clover® brewing system to a select number of Starbucks stores will be something you will want to seek out.
The first market debut starts today in Seattle with 10 total locations (7 new) followed by further expansion to Boston and San Francisco in the coming months. We will be sure to keep you updated on new markets here and on Starbucks.com as they become available.
This announcement is exciting for a number of reasons. First, it is a revolutionary brewing method. The Clover® brewing system is a one-of-a-kind in-store system that highlights how rich and distinctive coffees can be, one cup at a time. Just as exciting, is the related introduction of Starbucks® Small Batch Coffees that were found specifically to be brewed on the Clover®. Our coffee team has traveled the world to find the perfect coffees to fully take advantage of the Clover® brewing system’s ability to maximize the various layers and flavor nuances. For example, the Seattle locations in September will feature new coffees such as the:
- Distinctive citrus juiciness of Costa Rica Agrivid
- Herbal overtones of El Salvador Pacamara
- Subtle cherry and currant notes of Tanzania Blackburn Estate
- Sweet citrus of Zambia Kasama
Finally, these new coffees are also available for customers to purchase to enjoy at home in a coffee press. Because the Starbucks® Small Batch Coffees have limited availability they will only be in-store while supplies last.
The stores in the Seattle area with the Clover® brewing system are:
- Columbia Center: 701 Fifth Avenue, Seattle
- 7th & Pike: 721 Pine St, Seattle
- 505 Union Station: 505 5th Ave South, Seattle
- 6th & Union - US Bank Center: 1420 5th Ave, Seattle
- Queen Anne: 2135 Queen Anne Ave N, Seattle
- Madison Park: 4000 East Madison Ave, Seattle
- Greenlake: 7100 E Greenlake Drive N, Seattle
- Highway 99: 21920 Highway 99, Edmonds
- Bellevue: 10214 NE 8th, Bellevue
- Renton Village: 601 S. Grady Way, Renton
Enjoy, and more to come on this topic shortly!
Addendum: There are three stores in Boston that already have the Clover brewing system. They are located at:
- One Charles Street: 1 Charles Street, Boston
- Harvard Square: The Garage, 36 JFK Street, Cambridge
- Federal Street: 75-101 Federal Street, Boston