Hi, it’s Megan (sbx_mdro) from the food team!
There has been a lot of buzz on MSI about vegetarian options and the importance of offering them in our stores. I want to let you know that we definitely hear you and are always looking for the best way to offer great food that fits your lifestyle. I thought I would take this time to let you know about the great vegetarian options we currently offer and get some feedback from you on what other vegetarian options you’d like to see. (We consider vegetarian to be a meat-free diet. Some of these items do contain eggs and milk.)
Here are some great options you can find in your participating Starbucks stores, across the U.S.:
• Spinach Feta Wrap with spinach, roasted tomato, feta and egg, wrapped in a wheat lavosh
• Portobello Mushroom Piadini, A delicious combination of portabella mushrooms, spinach, creamy feta and ricotta cheeses, and fluffy eggs
• Perfect Oatmeal, a bowl of 100% whole grain oatmeal finished with your choice of dried fruit, nut medley or brown sugar
• Power Protein Plate, a plate with cheddar cheese, hard boiled, cage-free egg, grapes, apple slices, whole-wheat bagel and peanut butter
• Fruit and Cheese Plate, a plate with apples, grapes, brie, asiago and medium cheddar cheese with Carr’s® crackers
• Egg Salad Sandwich, egg salad lightly seasoned with dill and mustard, garnished with lettuce on multigrain bread
• Greek Yogurt Parfait reduced fat Greek yogurt topped with coconut-almond macaroon granola, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.
• Peachy Raspberry Yogurt Parfait, fat-free yogurt with real fruit, topped with crunchy granola
• Strawberry and Blueberry Yogurt Parfait, fat-free yogurt with real fruit, topped with crunchy granola
• Fruit Cup, a seasonally available cup of fresh fruit
Coming Soon! Watch for this new sandwich offering in April:
• Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella, with basil pesto and fresh spinach on a piccolo roll
Of course, most of our pastry case is filled with vegetarian options. One of my morning favorites is the Apple Bran Muffin, which has a good source of fiber, hearty grains, dried cherries and baked apples. We also just launched two new offerings, Luscious Lemon Tart and Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. Both of these are great for any time of the day and pair well with our coffee.
You’ll be the first to know when we launch new vegetarian offerings, so keep watching here on MSI. Hopefully I was able to show you some new things you’ll want to try. In the meantime, let us know other vegetarian ideas. The food team is very interested to hear what is important to you.