The Return of Treat Receipt

We are listening to you and the Treat Receipt is back!

The Treat Receipt is our version of Happy Hour and beginning June 30 through September 29, customers who make any purchase before 2 p.m. at participating stores can return the same day after 2 p.m., present their receipt and purchase any Grande (16 fl. oz) cold drink for only $2 (plus tax if applicable).  So, when you make your next purchase before 2 p.m., remember to save your receipt, so you can return to Starbucks and enjoy great savings and a refreshing cold beverage.

This treat will be offered all summer long!  So you will have the opportunity to try all sorts of tasty drinks, from the new Strawberry Banana Vivanno™ Smoothie to the scrumptious Caramel Frappuccino® blended beverage.

This blog was inspired by your ideas:  Happy HourBring back the $2 after 2 for summer!

jinglesdelaroc
6/30/2009 10:54 AM

This makes me sooo happy!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Treat Receipts!

loveskimlattes
6/30/2009 12:05 PM

woohoo.

mishka
6/30/2009 3:00 PM

I'm so happy the treat receipts came back! This will definitely get me into Starbucks more this summer.  Now, if only they'd bring back maple lattes for fall....

kallison
6/30/2009 3:26 PM

This was such a happy surprise this morning when I got my coffee :)

TessDrinksSB
6/30/2009 5:01 PM

I have an eco-friendly spin to the treat receipt promo, posted here: mystarbucksidea.force.com/ideaView

Thanks for bringing this back!

dancermom
6/30/2009 5:57 PM

Thanks I love this promo

purple1
7/1/2009 6:33 AM

I think it is great that this is returning but how does it work if those of us that want to save paper do not ask for a receipt? Is there a way to get this promoti0n?

john312
7/1/2009 8:58 PM

Does the Whey Protein inside the Vivanno have Aspartame in it?

pepmochafrap
7/1/2009 9:26 PM

Is this promotion good in Canada this year?

flukes
7/2/2009 12:28 PM

Is it acceptable to buy a pastry at 1:55 p.m. and then eat it in the cafe and go back for my $2 drink 5 minutes later?  I felt a little guilty doing that, but I made my purchase before 2 and came back after 2.

kjminton
7/4/2009 7:09 PM

How about a true "Happy Hour" for those of us who live in rural areas, we have to drive 15 miles to get to the closest licensed store. I cannot drive that in the morning & afternoon!

jkirton2
7/6/2009 12:27 PM

GREAT idea! Today was my first-time hearing about and taking advantage of the Treat Receipt promotion! Question: is there a way that I can either read a blog about or receive email notices of such promos? Maybe I opted out of receiving them! I'll check!

VentWhiteMocha
7/7/2009 11:44 AM

Great Idea. Why Cold only? It can be 115 outside but I still drink my coffee HOT!

CoffeeMaster33
7/7/2009 11:34 PM

@pepmochafrap: Unfortunately, not available in Canada.  MSI, please start specifying in the posts when things are US-only =].

@john312: Nope, no aspartame in there!

OC Penguin
7/9/2009 2:48 PM

Question: can I only get my $2 coffee at the store where I made the purchase?  Or can I get my morning fix at the Starbucks by my house then get my $2 afternoon pick-me-up at one closer to work?

pyilmaz
7/9/2009 7:08 PM

I loved to hear that treat receipt is back. Yesterday, for the first time we decided to use it in Starbucks A, after my husband bought double shot espresso in Starbucks B.  Barista (after checking with a supervisor I assumed) told us we can't use merchandise purchases plus we have to buy iced grande drink before 2 pm. I searched for the rules to use treat receipt but everywhere it says any purchase- I'm confused. Barista was very kind but not very helpful. What's the deal?

Suite2100
7/10/2009 10:10 AM

Got one this week in Mclean VA and it was well explained by the register associate. Sure I will make use of one this month.

Glennplaid
7/10/2009 7:48 PM

it's a great incentive.  I've used it many times and the vivanno is the best value using this promotion.  Plus, it drives traffic back into the stores in the afternoon.  Great idea!

flukes
7/10/2009 9:37 PM

OC penguin....you can use it at any Starbucks....doesn't have to be the same one.

Pyilmaz....it says "make any purchase", so merchandise should count too....any purchase means anything in the store before 2...BUT the after 2 drink for $2 has to be a cold beverage.

Customer
7/23/2009 10:57 AM

In the past month, we have launched many of your ideas! Out of all the new ideas, we wanted to know which

Alatte
7/31/2009 1:42 PM

Treat receipt is a SUPER idea!  The problem is that you rarely get your receipt unless you ASK for it...I feel that I should be given a receipt and asked if I don't want one.  Our local store automatically prints one, so saving paper is not the issue.  The treat credit should automatically load to your pre-paid card.

PinkDerby
8/19/2009 1:42 PM

I love the TREAT receipt, but the fact that is going away in Sept is SO sad!!!  What abouy after Sept 29th (or starting Oct. 1st) for fall we change it to a hot drink?!  That not only equals more money for Starbucks but is a nice reason to stay warm in the upcoming cold months.

rjmueller13
8/19/2009 4:44 PM

how about free refills on the house made green tea.

Steve 2
8/23/2009 10:13 AM

<b><i>Why not continue  the treat receipt past the end of September and make it for any drink either hot or cold?  It would make a good fall or winter treat to stop off on the way home for a warm drink.

jpayne
8/24/2009 10:48 AM

i would like to see the valencia flavoing brought back to starbucks.

Spiritsr4u
9/2/2009 12:17 PM

Don't go to the WEST BEND Wisconsin store unless you ask for your Treat Reciept, you will not get one

lyndon
9/6/2009 12:23 PM

If I go to Starbuck and order three coffee drinks, why do I only get one treat receipt?  Do we all have to order our drinks separately in order to get three drink treats for the afternoon.  Doesn't make sense.

downtowndoyle
9/14/2009 12:23 PM

Put less ice in "iced" drinks without being asked...

beachie
9/23/2009 10:42 PM

I HATE cold drinks. Can you please include hot drinks in this promo?

wilddirt
9/29/2009 10:18 AM

It is the 29th and the treat receipt is over. Sad day... I will miss you treat receipt.