Celebrate Your Birthday On Us!

I love birthdays.  There’s nothing like waking up on your birthday and experiencing all the fun, excitement, and well wishes of your special day.  Starbucks really wants to be a part of the fun so we’re celebrating customer birthdays with a free birthday beverage for all of our registered cardholders, beginning this month.

Here’s how it works:
1.    Register any Starbucks Card at www.starbucks.com/card
2.    Click ‘Manage My Account’ and then click ‘Personal Info’ and add your birthday
3.    Check your email and physical mailing address for accuracy in the ‘Email Info’ tab
4.    Make sure you’re opted into receiving postal and email offers from Starbucks
5.    Bring in your birthday postcard for your FREE beverage on your birthday

If you don’t already have a Starbucks.com account with us, set one up.  All you have to do is visit www.starbucks.com/card and create your free account online.

We’re proud to offer this birthday benefit to all of our customers who have supported Starbucks through our rewards programs- be it through Starbucks Gold or Starbucks Card Rewards, you deserve it!  You’ve asked us to give you more, and this is just one step toward enhancing the experience for registered Starbucks Card holders.  There’s more to come for members in both programs, so stay tuned.

Thanks for supporting Starbucks and let me be the first to say … Happy Birthday!

-Brad

edicius
8/28/2009 10:09 AM

I love this reward...except for the fact that it was actually introduced ON my birthday (this past Wednesday), so I couldn't partake in it. D'oh!

mickey915
8/28/2009 10:13 AM

Yippee!!! My birthday is in three weeks.  Free Starbucks what a great birthday gift.

DarlingA
8/28/2009 10:17 AM

I got an email about it on my Birthday too - maybe that's how they are announcing it now?  Mine was last Monday.

Happy Birthday edicius!  August birthdays rule!

Ash Matadeen
8/28/2009 10:33 AM

Excellent idea! Does this apply to Starbucks Cards in the UK too?

nrichard
8/28/2009 2:32 PM

Sweet! My birthday is one week!

Melody
8/28/2009 3:24 PM

Hello Brad! Well, indeed this was something that customers were crying out for like there was no tomorrow.  I'm sure that this announcement will make many people very happy.

DadCooks
8/28/2009 3:58 PM

Excuse me for being ungrateful, but this used to be an <b><i>exclusive</b></i> Gold Card benefit.

<br> <br>

What new/replacement goodie are you going to offer us Gold Card folks?

DadCooks
8/28/2009 4:28 PM

OT, however, site is broke again. As you can see from my post above, "The Ideas In Action Blog" is not recognizing HTML codes and is using DadCooks2 instead of DadCooks. DadCooks2 is a legacy from the last set of site problems and I am logged-in as DadCooks.

Betterbefore
8/28/2009 4:28 PM

I'm with DadCooks2 and so many other Gold card holders.  What will our new replacement be goodie be???

Sure, I'm happy for ALL the regular customers, (who only have to register a free card), but what will the difference be for those of us who have paid $25. ?  besides the percent discount?  or is that changing too?

Steve 2
8/28/2009 8:34 PM

My screen name is Steve2 and the thread is "It's More Of A Question"  Please see my comments which are bold and all on the gold club members which are upset.  Now that everyone with a free registered card can get the same benefit as gold card members what is the incentive to pay $25. for a gold card?  I am, as are all gold card members, really mad at you and everyone at Starbucks.  Is this part of the "enhancements" we were promised?

Steve 2
8/28/2009 8:47 PM

How long does it take for my comment to come up?

purple1
8/29/2009 9:21 AM

Another voice from a gold card member- yes totally agree that giving a free birthday drink to everyone is not fair to us gold card members. So what are you going to offer those of us that have gold cards? As others have said, it seems silly to have a gold card if there are not extra benefits not available to a regular card user!

Betterbefore
8/29/2009 12:50 PM

Well, here's another question:  since almost all of us with Gold cards also have regular registered cards, in order to maximize the benefits, since they don't overlap, (which always seemed silly as I'm sure you've heard over and over on MSI and from partners).....doesn't it only seem fair then that we would get two (2) drink cards for our b.day?  If we have both cards =  2 drinks.  that way we can treat a friend.  Maybe someone should think about that, decide YES, good idea, and put out some news that would for once make those of us who frequent Starbucks enough to be Gold card members HAPPY. ??? and, not that this matters, but I'm just "betterbefore", not that "betterbefore8" name that comes up from when the site was halfway down and we had to sign in with a different name every time...

Melody
8/29/2009 2:59 PM

Brad come back to your thread! :-) Here's an idea:

mystarbucksidea.force.com/ideaView

purple1
9/1/2009 8:40 AM

I agree with Melody. Why has there been no reaction from SB about this new reward? There still is no answer to whether those of us with gold cards will get new rewards special only to us.

Tasha_25
9/2/2009 6:59 AM

Today is my birthday...no joke and I walked into work and my sweet co-worker gave me a Starbucks gift card...now I can reep the rewards :)

Anonymous
9/7/2009 6:59 AM

Hay Brad...WHERE ARE YOU AND WHY DON'T YOU COME BACK TO TELL US GOLD CARD MEMBERS WHY YOU TOOK ONE OF OUR EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS AWAY??    Sure we still have the benefit but it's no longer "EXCLUSIVE FOR GOLD CARD MEMBERS ONLY".  I thought ONE of the reasons to get a gold card was to get a complimentry birthday drink but now everyone with a free registered card can get one now.  IS THIS FAIR BRAD??  I DON'T THINK SO!

Steve 2
9/7/2009 7:01 AM

Why do you keep calling me "Anonymous"?

9/11/2009 10:43 AM

@Steve 3 - there are some issues with timing out when on the blog page.  We're looking into it and I'm also working on changing your screen name to match your name on the idea pages.

Cecile

Steve 2
9/13/2009 7:06 AM

That's good Cecile but others have also different screen names on here.  How come?  But the main issue is why did you take an exclusive right away from the paid gold card members and gave it to everybody including the holders of free cards and what drink that is exclusive to gold card holders are you going to give us?  Also why doesn't HTML work here like it does on the idea pages?

Steve 2
9/13/2009 7:09 AM

Also why does it take a few minutes to publish whereas it is instantaneous on the idea side?

luvfrogs
9/22/2009 8:50 PM

I would love yo get a free birthday drink if it had almond milk. Why won't starbucks start using almond milk instead of soy or as an other option? I would go to starbucks more often if you did! And so would more health-concious people, raw foodists, vegans, people with allergies..etc.!

SOY DANGERS:

High levels of phytic acid in soy reduce assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.

Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic orders. In test animals soy containing trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.

Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote *** cancer in adult women.

Soy phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.

Vitamin B12 analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body’s requirement for B12.

Soy foods increase the body’s requirement for vitamin D.

Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein.

Processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.

Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin, is formed during soy food processing and added to many soy foods.

Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum which is toxic to the nervous system and the kidneys.

coffeevanilla
10/29/2009 7:04 PM

Hi, my birthday was today and I still haven't received anything for my "free birthday beverage." I've filled out my mailing/emailing info on my account and have the boxes checked to receive offers in the mail/email. How come I haven't gotten anything?

T_java
4/9/2010 5:15 PM

I never got my drink either. The website promo page says you receive a drink on your birthday and says NOTHING about the mail coupon until you look at the faq. I thought it would be credited based on my starbucks card and bought my drink only to see that it cost me full price. This is VERY MISLEADING. My email and mail and birthday are on my account and NEVER RECIEVED my coupon.

T_java
4/9/2010 5:21 PM

starbux_luvr_p
2/22/2011 1:12 PM

I never got my birthday drink postcard either. I also emailed starbucks about it, and did not recieve a response. Please starbucks, if you are going to offer this free birthday drink, at least send out the postcards and respond to people who dont receive it.

KatiP
3/9/2011 6:59 AM

I didn't get a birthday postcard for my February birthday either.  Did something go wrong with February?  I know it's trivial, but I was really looking forward to it!

ekip
3/28/2011 3:39 PM

I never got one for March either.  How sad:-(  I'm thinking I'm done with the whole account thing.  I don't want to keep refilling my card if I don't get something in return.  That money can be better used for food or gasoline.

Marlyn
3/28/2011 7:47 PM

I haven't received mine and my birthday was yesterday.  And i am a frequent buyer. I hope it will come in the next 30 days. Cheers!! ;)

cdonley137
4/22/2011 11:20 AM

My birthday is April 23rd and I got mine sometime last week! It says any drink you want, so I hope I can get my usual $5 Venti Light Caffe Vanilla Frappucinno! Going to redeem it today! Hope you all get yours soon!

santazio
8/16/2011 2:16 PM

today is my birthday and i received an email about getting it within 10 days. i never got the postcard and all my info is correct? is there anyway i can go inshore and still get it?

santazio
8/16/2011 2:16 PM

today is my birthday and i received an email about getting it within 10 days. i never got the postcard and all my info is correct? is there anyway i can go in store and still get it?

Simone L
1/22/2012 5:14 AM

How do I get my free Birthday cup of "JAVA?"

foamart
9/16/2012 9:23 PM

I was sick last year and could not make it in before it expired.    I stopped by 6 days after it expired and was told I could not use it.  Big disappointment

supalak072
1/21/2013 7:07 AM

My brithday on 01/22/1965

sisterjoan1234
11/19/2013 8:21 AM

I could not find the link "manage my account" to register my gift card for the free birthday drink.

sisterjoan1234