New Holiday Beverage!

Hi everyone, it's Tara again, the product manager of holiday espresso.  Starting Tuesday, November 17, in Starbucks stores across the United States,  will feature what's sure to be a new holiday beverage tradition : the new Caramel Brulée Latte.  It’s a combination of creamy, rich caramel sauce (new and different from anything we’ve offered before), fresh Starbucks espresso, and steamed milk.  It is topped with whipped cream and shimmery pieces of crunchy caramel topping.  Inside the Starbucks laboratories, those of us working on developing this drink have come to know and love the topping so much that we refer to it as “the jewel. ” Check it out and you’ll understand what I’m talking about .

If the weather hasn’t turned cold enough for you to crave a hot drink, try our Iced Caramel Brulée Latte or Caramel Brulée Frappuccino® blended beverage.  We worked to develop all forms of the drink at the same time to ensure that there’s something for everyone .

For those of you in Japan, Caramel Brulée Latte is similar to the new holiday drink in your Starbucks:  Caramel Éclair Latte.  Your topping is a bit different from the U .S. topping, but it’s delicious, too .

Based on the response we’ve had from our Canadian customers who have been enjoying Caramel Brulée Latte for the past  two weeks, you’re going to love it in the U.S.

Happy holidays everyone!  Let me know what you think of Caramel Brulée Latte .

Tara

COFFEEISLIFE
11/17/2009 7:42 PM

This is wonderful news. Looks very good

CoffeeMaster33
11/17/2009 10:11 PM

Huge success in Canada.  People love it.

coffeevanilla
11/18/2009 9:31 AM

I think its rich, buttery, and smooth. Its my second favorite beverage besides the Gingerbread Latte. Simply delicious. Great work Starbucks!

Melody
11/18/2009 10:25 AM

Hi CoffeeVanilla - Good to see you on this site too my friend! I too like this new drink. It'll be a nice once in a while treat for me. :)

batuocanhsang
11/18/2009 11:22 AM

I just tried a Frap today and it was AWESOME!!! I'm in love with the peppermint mocha & this caramel brulée now =D...

vortexbanding
11/18/2009 6:42 PM

i am very disappointed that Starbucks is not offering any holiday drinks in sugar-free.  come on, Starbucks!

Eggface
11/18/2009 6:56 PM

Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Latte, Egg Nog Latte, Gingerbread Latte, and now Caramel Brulee Latte and not one SF choice in the bunch... SAD.  Bah Humbug Starbucks :(

2 years ago SF Gingerbread was an option... doesn't seem that hard to add. Come on... make my Christmas wish come true.

rforbes71
11/18/2009 7:04 PM

I, too, am extremely disappointed in Starbucks and their lack of Sugar Free options. Not only are there peopel who CHOOSE to make healthier choices, but those who have medical conditions in which they simply CANNOT take in the sugar that is in these holiday drinks. C'mon, Starbucks!! AMERICA IS FAT!! Give us healthier options!! I don't have a problem with shelling out $5 for a latte, if it's not gonna KILL ME!!

But... alas... you don't give me the options, so I will make my holiday flavors at home. :)

Thanks for nothin' Sbux!!!!!  :-p

aullberg
11/18/2009 7:27 PM

The lack of SF options is dismal at Starbucks -- even competitor Joe Muggs has SF Monin Chocolate SAUCE, not just a variety of syrups to choose from.

Many people are choosing to cut calories from their diets for many reasons -- and those people are letting their wallets talk.  Given Starbucks is a luxury item, I'd think you would want to do what you can to keep that money in your stores.

andrew09
11/18/2009 8:50 PM

Got my first one today- very surprised with the taste. Love it, but not my everyday drink. I'll stick to my traditional Hot Chocolate.

cranBliss7
11/19/2009 12:34 PM

I didn't find this drink very special.  There wasn't much flavor there... and what flavor was there tasted like butter.  Eh.

lisss
11/20/2009 7:36 AM

This is the greatest drink EVER!  I am totally addicted.  It tastes like a smooth creamy caramel dream.  And I aslo think the product manager, Tara is very beautiful and dreamy as well.  :)!

bige
11/20/2009 4:03 PM

I say excellent job Starbucks on creating the new drink it is Awsome.   I kind of want to say if you have not had a Brulee as a desert at resturant then you will probally not like the caramel Brulee latte, but if you had brulee before then you will like this drink..

Crème brûlée (crème brulée in L'Orthographie 1990)[1] (French for "burnt cream"; pronounced /ˌkrɛm bruːˈleɪ/ in English, [kʁɛm bʁyˈle] in French), burnt cream, crema catalana, or Trinity cream is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel. It is served cold, or with the custard cold and the caramel warm.

The custard base is normally flavoured with vanilla, but it can have one of several other flavours: lemon (zest), rosemary, chocolate, a liqueur, fruit, etc.

goodtwin
11/22/2009 9:53 AM

Abolutely fantastic. Something different and perfect after a long day at my office. Put on my warm and fuzzies and sip the creme brulee. Kudos, Starbucks!

11/23/2009 3:06 PM

Just had a Caramel Brulee Latte for my afternoon coffee break.  Delicious!

flukes
11/28/2009 5:05 PM

I love the caramel brulee latte, but the best part is the crunchy candy topping....there's never enough....could you please sell a container of the topping bits so that I can add as much of this crunchy goodness as I want?

Oracle1
1/16/2011 12:29 PM

I just purchased a caramel brulee latte as I have every weekend for the last 9 weeks. I was informed that it will only be available while supplies last. Sad, sad day. Please make this (my FAVORITE drink) available all year!

jeannie