MSI Milestone - 50 Ideas Launched and Still Counting!

Thank you members of the My Starbucks Idea community for sharing your ideas! We are very happy to report that we have launched over 50 ideas to date.  In addition to MyStarbucksIdea.com we also have a site for our partners (employees).  You'll see some launched partner ideas on the list too.  Here they are from most recent.

53. More Reusable Venti Cold Tumblers
52. Decaf Starbucks VIATM Ready Brew
51. MSI Inbox
50. POS e-learning (partner idea)
49. Bring Back the Maple Oat Nut Scone
48. Starbucks Card iPhone app
47. iPhone App
46. Coffee Promotion (partner idea)
45. Discount Orders for FPO/APO Addresses
44. Return Horizon Vanilla Milk (partner idea)
43. Swipe the Gold Card Once
42. Display Starbucks Card Balance on the Register
41. New Signature Hot Chocolate Pack Size (partner idea)
40. Option to not Print Receipts
39. Bring Back Yukon Blend
38. Consolidate Card Balance Online
37. Increase Healthy Options
36. Reusable Starbucks Bag
35. Update Coffee Passport (partner idea)
34. Happy Hour
33. Strawberry Vivanno
32. Starbucks Card to fit on a Keychain
31. Remove "unregistered card" prompt from the POS
30. Bring Back the Cold Cup
29. Stop Bagging Pike Place Daily (partner idea)
28. Coffee Descriptions on Bags (partner idea)
27. Gluten-free Packaged Food
26. Vote Down an Idea
25. Venti Size Tumbler
24. Darker Chocolate Mocha
23. White Chocolate Mocha Nutrition Information
22. Donate to Charity with Holiday Beverage Purchase
21. Free Drink
20. Customer Voice - free beverage (partner idea)
19. Free Coffee on Your Birthday
18. Vivanno Nutrition Info for Nonfat & Soy
17. BPA-free Water Bottles
16. Oatmeal Topping Removed from Dashboard (partner idea)
15. Bring Back Chantico
14. Great Conversations at Starbucks
13. Partner Discount at StarbucksStore.com (partner idea)
12. Larger Soy Containers (partner idea)
11. Vegan Options
10. Gluten-free Options
9. Healthy, High Protein Breakfast
8. More Whole Grains
7. Sell a Cold Cup
6. Discounted Work Wear (partner idea)
5. Coupon Offers
4. Transfer Card Balances
3. Complimentary WiFi
2. Electronic Pay Stubs (partner idea)
1. Splash Sticks

UrbanImp
12/8/2009 11:02 AM

Still no push to PROMOTE LOCAL ART (even if just a small area in every store) in lieu of having the entire walls of most Starbucks lined with stale and boring corporate prints!? That's very disappointing considering the large number of comments supporting such changes (or reversal of Starbucks generic-ization of it's stores).

jondular
12/8/2009 11:24 AM

awaiting my almond milk along with a lot of other people :)

Momiji
12/8/2009 12:20 PM

You forgot DUMP PIKE PLACE ROAST AND BRING BACK BOLD!!!

Inbox still is unaccessable!!!

JDrew
12/8/2009 1:15 PM

OOh, almond milk. GREAT IDEA! Great for the lactose intolerant who still like a form of milk in their coffee.

Melody
12/8/2009 5:33 PM

Hi Momiji! Yes it's incredibly disappointing to see that the bold coffee drinkers are tossed aside. At one point, with the push for 'brew on demand' it was considered a launched idea! (Summer 2008?).  I have to wonder if Starbucks cares at all about whole bean sales at all anymore? The customer that Starbucks cares about in 2009 buys a Grande Sugary Latte and one pastry. Those are the only ones who seem to be targeted anymore. And all customers are treated as fungible, and most of the store partners are treated as fungible too.

purple1
12/9/2009 7:05 AM

Where is the idea that so many have proposed for free refills for iced tea drinkers that stay in the store? I will continue to push for this as I still cannot understand why it is so hard to implement.

Also, more breakfast vegetarian options that do not include cheese with egg. What happened to the idea of an egg white/veggie wrap?

Betterbefore
12/9/2009 1:08 PM

As soon as I saw this thread I felt:  here's Starbuck's way of  attempting to show us how much they are listening to us while still totally avoiding and ignoring probably the #1 issue since this site was formed:  please can we (also) have our BOLD all day if you MUST keep PPR.  seriously.

kjminton
12/9/2009 6:37 PM

51.  Licensed stores honor both Registered and Gold Cards

52. Brew Decaf All Day

53. Brew  Bold All Day

Keep going....You're on a roll!

DadCooks
12/9/2009 7:12 PM

#43 - Swipe the Gold Card Once

This one needs a followup along the lines of:

Eliminated the Gold Card and the most logical loyalty reward for Starbucks most loyal customers.

orangemo
12/9/2009 10:43 PM

ORANGE MOCHA! ORANGE MOCHA! ORANGE MOCHA! ORANGE MOCHA!

I've begged for it before, and I will keep doing so. It needs the orange drizzle on top. I used to go to Starbucks daily when there were orange mochas. Now I am an occasional visitor.

kjminton
12/10/2009 7:32 AM

#15 Bring back Chantico -- While the Signature Hot Chocolate is much better than the regular hot chocolate it does not compare to Chantico.  SHC has a very rich chocolate flavor which might be comparable to Chantico but the texture, the thickness, the creaminess was the real draw for Chantico. Drinking Chantico was like drinking a melted premium chocolate bar, a BARELY melted so that it was still somewhat thick. I do order the SHC and LOVE it as a Salted Carmel (minus the salt as you did not put it out this year BOO!) But I want the original, the one & only CHANTICO.

purple1
12/10/2009 8:57 AM

I agree also about licensed stores accepting all rewards and cards accepted at corporate stores and the swiping of the gold card once.

12/10/2009 9:58 AM

@kjminton - Thanks for the words of encouragement.  With the new rewards program rolling out later this month your Starbucks licensed store purchases will count as transactions - so yes it will be easier for license stores to participate in the rewards program.

In regards to brewing decaf and bold all day, we have some new programs rolling out in the new year and will have more info to share on this later.  For now decaf and bold coffees are available all day - ask your barista to brew you a fresh cup if it isn't already brewed.

kjminton
12/10/2009 3:25 PM

sbx_bean: I am SO glad to hear that licensed store purchases will count as transactions!!!! I have not been told this before. It sounds like a step in the right direction for helping out your customers like me who do not have access to corporate stores.

As for the bold and decaf,  when one of them is not listed as brewing now I have asked the barista if I could get a bold and/or decaf and was told no, they were not brewing that now. Again this is a licensed store.

Thanks for the info abt licensed purchases counting, I was beginning to feel that no one was listening. You have renewed my faith in SBX!

purple1
12/11/2009 7:33 AM

Cecile are you now saying that licensed stores are accepting both gold cards and regular cards and all rewards?

12/11/2009 1:18 PM

With the new rewards program you'll be able to earn stars at many licensed stores.  Your transactions at these stores will count.  Some of the licensed stores will also participate in reward redemption.  We'll have more info on this to share soon.

kjminton
12/11/2009 6:37 PM

Sounds like you are back peddling abit there.  First you say that "Your Starbucks license store purchases will count", then you say "You will be able to earn stars at MANY licensed stores" so, again, some people will get the benefits and some won't.  Either I am a valuable customer, just like those who frequent corporate stores in large cities or I am a second class customer because I only have access to licensed stores in rural areas, which is it? You really should be very specific on issues like this.  It feels like the old bait & switch.

Delli1750
12/12/2009 12:52 AM

And yet the Complimentary Wi-Fi is tied into the awfully complicated Starbucks Card System. I would just want few hours of Free Wi-Fi after my coffee purchase!

purple1
12/13/2009 9:45 AM

There still is no answer as to why those of us that drink iced tea can't get free refills if we stay in the store? Are we really considered second class?

And I hope the licensed stores will start accepting all the cards and rewards. It would be time enough for that.

frostie1
12/13/2009 9:55 PM

If you had a 24oz Venti cold cup I would bring my own cup in all the time.  As it is now, I use the glass  for my Venti Frapp but only one gives me the discount.

UrbanImp
12/14/2009 9:11 PM

Hi sbx_bean.  See you responding about the rewards program and bold brew.  How about the first comment ;)

12/15/2009 1:24 PM

@Urbanlmp - in response to your question about local art in stores - in most cases, we rely on the local teams (store managers and district managers) to set up and administer such programs. There is even a company-approved mounting system available to order (if the specific store requires).

Pipoca
12/15/2009 3:38 PM

Bottomless coffee!!!

DennisM220
12/15/2009 4:02 PM

KEEP the Gold Card! I can't believe this is being done away with. It's a shame...

amyb1654
12/15/2009 5:50 PM

More Decaf Coffee's

beaudog
12/15/2009 8:42 PM

I was suppose to have a book signing recently.  The store didn't follow through in letting the staff know so when I arrived nobody knew about it.  I wasted my time and didn't even get a phone call from the manager with an explanation.   Ieven emailed the regional manager and still not one word of apology.  I lost a whole day and possible sales because of this and at the least they could have offered an apology.  This isn't good customer service.

hollyanne
12/16/2009 7:21 PM

I would love to see almond syrup on your menu.  I used to go to starbucks everyday, now I usually skip over to Nordstrom's coffee shop for an almond latte.  I got ho0ked on the almond lattes in the mid 90's from a midwestern coffee shop chain called Gloria Jean's.

Anonymous
12/20/2009 8:42 AM

Senior coffee is a suggestion contained in 200 messages but there appears to be no response from Starbucks on this issue. Has the idea even been tested in a few stores? As I approach the wonderful world of fixed income, I find myself opting more and more for the 65 cent senior coffee at MacDonald's for my daily cup rather than paying more than twice as much for Starbucks brew that I prefer but only have now as an occasional treat.

NYCaryn
12/21/2009 8:02 AM

Starbucks VIA Iced Coffee sounds great, but it needs to be sugar-free!  And more sugar-free syrup flavors please.

denisemarie
12/21/2009 9:50 AM

More sugar free flavors especially during the holidays,  peppermint would be awesome.

missyp
12/21/2009 10:14 AM

Consider adding a butterscoth flavored syrup

luvmybucs
12/21/2009 1:22 PM

Please!  We need more sugar free options!

doracasella
12/21/2009 3:59 PM

I agree, more sugar free options! Plus fat free/low -fat whip options!   Breakfast sandwiches made with egg whites would be nice.  It would be nice to have almond breeze as an option!

BuffyD
12/21/2009 4:37 PM

Yeah ... for suggesting more sugar free options (like Mocha!!!) and almond breeze (unsweetened)

munoz124
12/21/2009 6:05 PM

can we get almond breeze unsweetned vanilla almond milk, only 40 calories a cup and much better for you...have stopped buying lattes since i cant get my almond milk...

thanks

feefee
12/23/2009 3:42 AM

More sugar free syrups please!!!!!! I go daily and would love more flavors, especially the white chocolate and peppermint. Maybe a bigger venti! ;)

purple1
12/23/2009 7:11 AM

I agree there should be egg white/veggie breakfast sandwich options without cheese!!!!

slubahn
12/23/2009 12:17 PM

Just curious but why no response to free refills in store on iced tea?

Sumatragal
12/26/2009 3:57 PM

PLEASE swap out Pike Place for something bolder!

12/28/2009 2:15 PM

@slubahn - hot tea and iced tea are now part of the free refill benefit of the My Starbucks Rewards program once you earn five stars (green level benefits)

theboy979
1/6/2010 9:07 AM

sugar free pastries for diabetics

RJWeir
1/11/2010 8:09 PM

We have the cupcaks again and we have a button to sell a four pack but we don't have a container to put them in when we sell a four pack. We have to waste more containers by using the individual cupcake boxes. We receive the cupcakes in a four pack clear package. Can we not get the same type of container to put them in when we sell them?

giftcardrecycl
1/14/2010 12:28 PM

we should recycle our gift cards.

only bold
1/14/2010 7:19 PM

54.  Admit that Pike Place Roast was a terrible mistake and go back to rotating the roasts daily.

GoScots
1/21/2010 9:03 AM

Please make it mandatory that we brew decaf all day. At my location we only brew it before 12 pm except on request. I am sooooo sick of having to listen to people complain about this. They're right, more people want decaf at night. Lets make this a standard.

sprinkles2010
10/19/2010 1:09 PM

Starbucks should bring back Sorbetto! It was only around for a little while and I heard it was going to come back, but never did :/

sprinkles2010
10/19/2010 1:10 PM

and almond milk! yes great idea. it is so much better for you than normal milk.

bcmama
10/19/2010 1:38 PM

2 flavors that I would like to see reappear, along with friends, are:

1.  Almond

2.  Orange mocha

Both of these would really make 3 people very happy.

Anyone else like these?

KMYBNZ
10/19/2010 1:49 PM

Soy light, please! :)

DanielEvers
10/19/2010 2:57 PM

How about making some K-cups for the Kuerig?

StarburcksBaku
10/19/2010 9:48 PM

early morning daily  newspapers(free) and cup of coffee before work

Ashaclarkn
1/3/2012 4:18 AM

Lactose free milk!!!!! I would love to be able to have some of the steamed milk drinks but I am lactose intolerant. Soy... yuk. I see that many people beside myself have been begging for the lactose free milk for years. So I am asking again for all of the lactose intolerant people.