Starbucks and Foursquare

We’re excited to announce a collaboration with the social networking site, Foursquare. I’ve been playing with Foursquare for about a year now, and until recently, I was the mayor of the Starbucks Support Center (Starbucks headquarters). I have a plan to earn that back, and it may or may not involve working seven days a week ☺.

Now you can earn the "Barista Badge" by checking into five different Starbucks. The application is available for most smart phones like the iPhone, Android devices and Blackberry.

One other item that we will include is "Tips" about different Starbucks stores. We’re looking for info about your store that is unique, different and interesting. One of the first tips we’ll post is about the Pike Place™ store being the first Starbucks. So, tell us in the comments below, what’s special or unique about your store?  Was it the first store in your city? Make it a guide to your city, through the lens of your store.

For some good examples of tips, check out how GOOD Magazine shares ideas for enjoying Austin during the SXSW Music & Media Conference @ http://www.foursquare.com/good.

If you’re curious about what Foursquare is and want to learn more, go here: http://www.foursquare.com

COFFEEISLIFE
3/31/2010 5:33 PM

What is unique about my stores, two years can go by without a visit by me, and they still remember me and what i will order. It is a nice surprising welcoming feeling.  :')

Melody
4/1/2010 8:47 AM

Hey I've just started using Foursquare and it's kinda funny (and borderline odd too).  Do the 2 street-level stores count for the barista badge? I got my first badge yesterday! I'm a "Local" at the Columbia Center. :) Can't wait for my barista badge!

LauraBlue24
4/2/2010 3:47 PM

I love 4sq and currently the mayor of our local store. They know my name and drink.

Looking forward to the Barista Badge

Egwene80
4/3/2010 8:22 AM

Got my barista badge last week and working to unseat some mayors :)  My store has the most knowledgeable manager ever.  He's great - friendly, helpful, and makes great drink recommendations.

TomCroom
4/4/2010 8:54 AM

Is the badge retroactive?  I've been to at least three different Starbucks that I can count.  :)

danmiami
4/4/2010 10:52 AM

Store 9874 is in a shopping center location which used to be a dry cleaners!

palmdog
4/4/2010 2:01 PM

Barista named Kate will make you a personally designed lid with her marker collection.

And if you get to know Brett he may offer you a siphoned coffee using his nifty machine he keeps in the back.

:) luv my bux!

Starbucks

Loop 340 & Bagby

2452 W. Loop 340

Waco, TX 76711

shannongalford
4/5/2010 12:05 AM

I am a barista in Los Angeles and my Starbucks is actually located inside of a 24 hour Laundromat. We are a real Starbucks, not like the ones in Vons of Safeway, we just have a super unique location.

You can bring your dogs in, you can do  your laundry and when you're done you can hop onto sunset and go for a nice drive.

Our location is sunset and mohawk store # 5756.

We are like a delicacy and it has been said more than once that we have the most friendly baristas in the area :)

onstar
4/5/2010 9:05 AM

In Foursquare, did you notice how just about all Starbucks locations in/around Los Angeles (over 200 of them) have complete entries: complete addresses, phone numbers, twitter links, and category label? Yeah, I did that. You're welcome.

Melody
4/5/2010 6:41 PM

@onstar - That sounds like a lot of work! I'm not in LA, but I can appreciate the effort that went into that.

Anonymous
4/6/2010 2:48 AM

I am a barista in London. My favourite Starbucks is the one located at 2/3 Conduit Street off of Regent Street. I have to admit that I walked past it a few times and didn't realise that it was a Starbucks.

They've done a completely different design for this location and it's stunning. There's more brown and natural wood. It's just really cool. There's a huge space in the basement that has great places to sit and work.

I love getting a coffee and sitting in the window seats and people watching. It's right off of Regent street so you see all kinds of people going by.

@foursquaregames

xsiteable
4/8/2010 12:23 PM

Our Starbucks is located at the base of a mountain in the Canadian Rockies! Visitors can grab a cup and take it right on the gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain in Banff, Canada.

Does it get any better?!

Check it out!

www.explorerockies.com/.../shopping-dining.aspx

4/8/2010 4:59 PM

@xsiteable - I want to "check in" at your Starbucks!  Awesome.

Tmaas77572
9/9/2010 8:38 AM

I travel extensively for work.   I'm typically on the road 5 days a week, 50 weeks out of the year (of course, when I'm on vacation I stay HOME!  LoL).

I recently became the mayor of my 7th simultaneous Starbucks.   Was rather surprised to see that there was no other badges issued for that.    Just the Barista badge after the 5th visit.

Would like to see other badges for visiting multiple Starbucks in a day, being mayor of multiple different sites, maybe even a badge for being mayor of SBux in different states?   I'm currently the mayor of 7 SBux in 4 different states.

Maybe I should just declare my addiction?   hehehe

Steve 2
1/17/2011 10:39 PM

Sounds like a very silly childish game to me.