Same Rewards – More Stores!

You asked for it and we’ve delivered. The great benefits of My Starbucks Rewards are now available at more than 2,600 additional locations!

Now you have more places to get free select syrup* and milk options, free refills on your brewed or iced coffee and tea, and a free Tall (12 fl oz) beverage with the purchase of any pound of whole beans.

It’s still easy to earn Stars with your registered Starbucks Card – but now you’ll receive the rewards you love at grocery locations like these: A&P, Albertsons, Baker’s, Bashas’, City Market, Dillons, Dominick’s, Farm Fresh Food & Pharmacy, Fred Meyer, Fry’s Food Stores, Genuardi’s, Hilander, Jensen’s Finest Foods, King Soopers, Kroger, Mollie Stone’s Markets, Pavilions, QFC – Quality Food Centers, Randalls, Safeway, Smith’s, Tom Thumb, Vons and Waldbaum’s.

If you’re traveling, look to use your Starbucks Card at these destinations: Bay View Resort (Myrtle Beach, S.C.), The Breakers Resort (Myrtle Beach, S.C.), The Curtis – a Doubletree Hotel (Denver, Colo.), Dallas Convention Center (Dallas, Texas), Hilton (Springfield, Ill.), Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort (Pawleys Island, S.C.), The Long Bay Resort (Myrtle Beach, S.C.), Marriott (Rancho Cordova, Calif.) and The Sheraton Read House Hotel (Chattanooga, Tenn.)

When you’re on campus, your My Starbucks Reward benefits are available at the Barnes & Noble at Georgia Tech, the University of Arkansas and the University of Tennessee.

The Starbucks stores at these health care locations are also extending My Starbucks Rewards benefits: James Tower at Swedish Medical Center (Seattle, Wash.) and Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital (Salinas, Calif.).

Follow us on Twitter @starbuckscard and Facebook Starbucks Card to get more inside news, tips and program updates for My Starbucks Rewards.

*Select syrups are subject to availability and exclude all seasonal/promotional beverages and syrups. See here for more details.

All Starbucks Should be Starbucks
posted by carma

Nick734
8/31/2010 9:20 AM

How about the Ohio State University Barnes & Noble store?

Melody
8/31/2010 9:32 AM

@Natalie - Thanks for the update.  I think that the QFC Starbucks have always been pretty good.  Their quality is good, and I think they've been giving stars for a while.  Glad to see you give a shout out to the Mariott (Rancho Cordova) Starbucks - That truly is the very nicest licensed store I've ever seen. It's big and has a really warm and welcoming feel.

Take care, Melody

eamp92
8/31/2010 10:55 AM

one in santo domingo, dominican republic!!!!

8/31/2010 12:45 PM

Exciting news sbx_nat!

TheKwan
8/31/2010 2:43 PM

And now at starbucksstore.com.

zookeeper73
8/31/2010 7:08 PM

I was really really really hoping to see Target in that store list. It's just wrong that Target employees get their associate discount at an in store Starbucks, but I can't get my Gold Card (still a black one) discount! YET, they give treat receipts?! Come on- which is it?!

muslovescali
9/1/2010 1:33 PM

Hey Zookeeper73, if you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch that can get Wi-Fi you can have the Target associates at the Starbucks scan the barcode and you get all the benefits. All you need is the Starbucks Card app.

starbuki
9/1/2010 1:37 PM

I second Target on a future list but Kroger is great for me. Thanks Starbucks!

StarsVader0809
9/1/2010 1:57 PM

I  Love  me  my  Grande  Caramel  Frappucino.  I  work  for  Dallas  Indeoendent  School  District  &  I  work    at  an  Elementary  School  in  the  kitchen  serving  students,  prepping  &   cleanning,  &  The  one  thing  that keeps  me  going is  every  friday  I  go  to  my  starbucks  in  Downtown  Dallas  &  have  my  Frappo,  As  my  reward   for  making  it  thru  another  week.   I  love  me    my  Starbucks  Fo  Sho.

rkclmt
9/1/2010 2:03 PM

Any chance of getting any other Midwest stores on board?  I'm in Central Illinois and we have Shop N Save, County Market and Shnucks.  And of course,  Target, Walmart and Meijer.

And I agree with Zookeeper73 about Target. I have an Iphone, and with it, I get credited for buying the drink, but don't get any of the discounts associated with my gold card.

galpal
9/1/2010 2:15 PM

will anything like this be coming to Canada?

Camel0t72
9/1/2010 2:38 PM

My local Target said they are going to start honoring the rewards card on 08/31/10. Is this not true?

Cinn Dlc Latte
9/1/2010 2:45 PM

How about airports?!?!?!?  That's where I use my card the most - then don't have to mess with money or have my credit card unpacked.

PooShay
9/1/2010 2:48 PM

But whey can't I EARN points when I make purchases with my registered card at those type of stores?  The Sbux in my town closed about a year ago and all I'm left with is the store in our Tom Thumb!

mrsminter
9/1/2010 4:48 PM

How about at AAFES?

rbarnickel
9/1/2010 5:09 PM

I vote for Target stores, airports, and Stop-n-Shop stores, too!  Please???

Anonymous
9/1/2010 6:05 PM

I went to the Starbucks inside Safeway today with my Rewards card.  I did not get free soy.  Why?  It is a grocery store on the list as now offering the rewards like I get in Starbucks locations.

frapatic
9/1/2010 6:08 PM

How about all Barnes and Nobles?

Cofenrvs
9/1/2010 7:44 PM

@frapatic...most Barnes & Nobles do not have actual Starbucks in them. Look carefully at the sign,it will say Barnes & Noble Cafe featuring Starbucks.In other words they serve Starbucks products,but are not affiliated with Starbucks. The Krogers,Safeway,ect. locations that were added to the program ARE affiliated with Starbucks. I hope that clears up the confusion.

mlwgogreen
9/1/2010 11:59 PM

How about D&W and Meijers in Michigan?  I also agree with Target posts.

bsharynu
9/2/2010 4:35 AM

What should I do about not getting my free soy yesterday at Safeway.

luvsespresso
9/2/2010 5:07 AM

You never mentioned if Harris Teeter grocery stores in NC were part of that list??

lu508
9/2/2010 5:35 AM

This is crazy ... Why are there any restrictions on stores.  A Starbucks is a Starbucks.  I go to Target every morning for a Starbucks coffee because it is more convenient then the Starbucks store, but can't take advantage of my rewards card .... and I still can't because it isn't one of the new stores listed.  Why should I have to drive out of my way in order to get a free syrup in my coffee ????

purple1
9/2/2010 7:39 AM

I agree to add Target to the list of licensed stores and all starbucks at barnes and noble stores.

akoransk8
9/2/2010 7:51 AM

Hey bsharynu, let me know which Safeway store and I will follow-up....

bsharynu
9/2/2010 12:06 PM

Safeway at 403 Redland Blvd. in Rockville, MD.  Thank you so much.  Hopefully, I won't run into issues in the future.  Free soy is the biggest benefit to me as a Starbucks drinker and rewards card holder.

carollk
9/2/2010 1:20 PM

I use my rewards card at Target in the Chicago suburbs and they also honor my free drink cards.  I read here that you can't use your rewards card at Barnes & Noble, but I'm wondering if I could use mine there too, since the Targets here take it.

airportstar
9/2/2010 5:04 PM

Free syrup should be included in all drinks for Gold members -- no exclusions please. Maybe you could have different levels of "preferred" members and the higher up member would get free syrup on any drink.

Kittyn
9/6/2010 3:10 AM

Does anyone know where to find the list of store locations for the Safeway stores that give rewards?

Or at least does it include the Safeway Starbucks in BC, Canada?

=^.^=

maeven
9/7/2010 1:32 PM

lu508- While I think you have a point about a Starbucks should be a Starbucks, I do recommend, like others have pointed out that you start using the iPhone app since Target already honors that.  It may keep you from feeling you like 'have' to drive out of your way to a regular Starbucks, which incidentally you dont HAVE to.  Just like Starbucks doesnt HAVE to offer any free anything or make it easy to use the rewards in their program.  Its more lucrative for them to keep these offers is their own stores and drive business there instead of spreading it around to other licensed Starbucks.  But here they are doing it anyway...just proves to me that Starbucks is willing to go the extra mile to satisfy their customers.  I dont see any of their competitors doing this.

sbx_nat
9/9/2010 8:32 AM

Hey everyone!  We're so glad you're excited about the newly added locations!  We are continuing to expand where My Starbucks Rewards is available, but please be patient while some of the locations listed get the update on rewards now being available.   Another cool thing coming is the ability to provide your Free Drink benefits electronically. We've seen a lot of ideas on MSI about mailing the Free Drink postcards.  We do this to accommodate our licensee's who are not yet tied to our systems, plus it allows you the flexibility to redeem your Free Drinks at any Starbucks.  As soon as we have our technology in place, we'll be happy to go "green" with the coupons!

Wanted to share a great experience I had last week at a local Target store in Issaquah.  Michelle took my order, and my mobile payment, and then asked if the card I was paying with was registered.  I of course said yes, and she made the vanilla in my Grande Vanilla Americano free! It wasn't until after I picked up my drink that I told her that I worked for the company on My Starbucks Rewards - it was great!!

Remember, even if your local Starbucks wasn't listed above - you still earn a Star every time you pay with a registered Starbucks card!!  Continue to share your participating licensed store stories here, we love hearing how it's going!

spend2much
10/14/2010 2:04 PM

I was just at the Barnes and Nobles location in Hobart Indiana (serving Starbucks) and they would not take my gold card; therefore I was denied the chance to get credit for my purchases towards my free drink reward :(

salty1999
10/14/2010 2:28 PM

I am a greentealatte fan..ongoing for some time now. before that was just a cappuccino  fan My Starbucks of choice is at Barnes & Noble, as books draw me in and the hot GTL Venti is the topping on the whole experience. I do stop at Target if in the area just for the GTL, but don't shop there. There is one at the turnpike rest consortium which is sometimes convenient. However, when I ask for a rewards card, they do not have them or do not honor them--and I just keep adding money to my "own self be true" gift card--and would believe over time mounts into the many, many hundreds of dollars...

but am just told to get it on line...which looking around see no way to obtain. At one stop, I could not even "re-vamp" my gift card.

The rest of the coffee houses in my state are Seattle's Best in Borders or self contained privately owned coffee houses-but no one makes a GTL like you do. I think you owe me pts for my ongoing years of business, where I have found we are not all treated as equal. That is the change I wish as I read other comments before me.

I travel the US and abroard--London had one of the most convenient cozy little Starbucks near the Mayfair Hotel-we went every morning.

I don't have time for facebook and twitter..how about just getting us all easy access to rewards cards? Or am I just being advised wrong?? So I took time to post.

R

chava latte
10/14/2010 2:48 PM

Our Safeway in Grand Juncton, CO does not allow our cards to get the free soy milk. Why?

Saiidg
10/14/2010 4:04 PM

I wish the Starbucks in our campus would give free refill to Tall Coffee!

dajones01
10/14/2010 7:37 PM

@chava latte - I was at that Starbucks on Horizon in GJ last week.  The total didn't deduct for my soy milk so I asked her about it & she had some code that had to be used.  I think she was fairly new because someone else had to show her how to do it.  Next time just ask about it & they should make it free for you!  I wished Target stores were also added to the list since that's where SB is in our mall.

BobC43
10/19/2010 3:03 PM

Our Safeway, in Martel Ca. does not honor the free syrup addition. It seems that a nationwide chain could have all the stores standardized. I have a gold card and would hope that you will update each store to reflect your advertising free syrup as well as choice of milk at Starbuck Safeway Locations, and not just some of them.

erika_absher
10/19/2010 10:26 PM

Hi,

I am moving to Bolling AFB Washington DC and saw there is a starbucks there. Someone told me that is probably only a licensed store since its on a military base. Is this true? If so, can I get MY Starbucks Rewards there? Thanks

stajdanley
10/23/2010 8:58 PM

So do you have to tell the cashier your reward level, and ask for the free perks? I have been using my rewards card for a couple of months now assuming that my perks like free soy milk and free syrup were automatically being deducted. If that's not the case, then that stinks big time :(

BasketCaseLady
10/24/2010 7:51 PM

Will my gold card be accepted at the Starbucks at Travis AFB?  They have a big sign that says Starbucks, yet they claim that they are not a Starbucks.  They sell all the Starbucks mugs and stuff though.

mandabc
2/15/2011 7:00 PM

Is there a reason I never get my discounts for syrup and such at a Dominick's Starbucks location in Lincoln Park in Chicago? It's right near campus and such a convenient location but I'm always bummed to have to go here when I can get discounts at other locations.

captainfun
4/25/2011 6:19 PM

If you are an employee of Safeway and you have a Starbucks in your store you are NOT allowed to receive Starbucks Rewards while you are on the clock or on your "COFFEE break"! This insulting memo came down from Safeway Corp the other day and resulted in at least 5 employees on my store including me to stop buying Starbucks coffee! Does anyone understand why this is happening, what would be the need for such a policy, other than upsetting the already upset employees at Safeway. I reached Gold card status because of all the coffee I drink in order to help get me through the day and this is the thanks I get for all the money I've given Safeway and Starbucks? Petty petty petty? If anyone out there works in Starbucks at any administrative capacity and is reading this please help!

anonymous7
11/2/2011 7:01 PM

I go to University of Texas at San Antonio and we have two stand alone Starbucks [not attached to B&N]. They both take gift cards but when I get a gold will they not take it, and am I getting stars for the transactions I make at school?

To be honest I really dislike my local Starbucks because of the mean baristas and so if a gold card wont work on campus to me there really isn't any point in trying to get one. :(

If anyone in charge of employing the store at 1604 and Bandera rd is reading this, please rehire some of the people there, they are awful.