1. ELIGIBILITY. The “Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Haiku Contest” (“Contest”) is sponsored by Starbucks Corporation (“Sponsor”). Contest is open only to legal residents in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry (“Entrant”). All others are ineligible to enter and will be disqualified. Employees of Starbucks Corporation, Starbucks Licensed Concepts, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) or individuals living in the same household of such employees are not eligible. Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on September 13, 2010 and ends at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on September 13, 2010 (“Contest Period”). Void where prohibited.
3. JUDGING. Each eligible Submission will be judged on the following criteria: a) Creativity (35%); Originality (45%) and Theme Appropriate (20%). All eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges (“Judges”) selected by Sponsor (in its sole discretion). Assuming sufficient eligible entries are received and are in compliance with these Rules, the top four (4) Submissions will be selected on or about September 17, 2010 and will be deemed the winners. Potential winners will be individually notified via Twitter or email address associated with their MyStarbucksIdea account. Potential winners are subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules (“Official Rules”). Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit or Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity and Copyright Assignment.
4. PRIZES. (4) Grand Prizes: One (1) $25 dollar Starbucks Card. Approximate Retail Value (“APR”) (US$25) each. Winners hereby grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, gratis license to use, sell, display, reproduce, make derivative works from, and/or distribute their Submissions. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution permitted in whole or in part, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize(s) with a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for any local, state, federal or other taxes, and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with any prize.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating, Entrant represent, warrants and agrees that they meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules and that they have all necessary rights, licenses or permissions relating to their submission(s). Further, by participating Entrants agree: (a) to abide by and be bound to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and/or judges; (b) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS FROM ANY AND ALL EXISTING OR FUTURE ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITIES OF WHATEVER NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WRONGFUL DEATH AND DISABILITY), PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND EXPENSE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES), LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST (IN WHOLE OR IN PART), PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST RELATED OBLIGATIONS OR ACTIVITIES, USE (INCLUDING MODIFICATION, ADAPTATION AND REPRODUCTION) OF RECIPE OR ENTRY MATERIALS DURING OR AFTER THE CONTEST, AND THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE; (c) winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use his/her name, likeness, voice, photograph, biographical information, statements, and/or submissions, in whole or in part, for any trade, art, advertising, promotional, publicity and any other purposes world-wide without additional compensation and to provide written consent to such use; and (d) to irrevocably transfer and assign all rights and interest in and to the submission to Sponsor, and to execute all documents and perform all acts deemed necessary by Sponsor to perfect and record that transfer and assignment. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is not in compliance with these Rules or who cheats, tampers with, or attempts to defraud the Sponsor in any way. If, for any reason, the Contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned due to, without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, human error, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, deletion, defect, damage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entry Materials. Neither participation in this Contest nor anything relating thereto shall in any way obligate or be deemed to obligate Sponsor to use any part of the submissions, nor shall restrict or be deemed to restrict Sponsor’s unlimited right to use, adapt, modify, or reproduce any part of the submissions.
6. WINNER’S LIST. For the name of the winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Cecile Hudon, Starbucks Coffee Company 2401 Utah Avenue S., Suite 800, Mail Stop: S-HM1, Seattle, WA 98134-1435. Limit one (1) request per person, or household and request must be received on or before October 31, 2010.
7. CONTEST SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by: Starbucks Corporation, 2401 Utah Avenue South, Seattle WA 98134.