Starbucks VIA® Flavored Coffee is Here!

Beginning today, Starbucks VIA® Flavored Coffees are available in Starbucks throughout the U.S. and Canada.  All week, we invite you to come in and discover your favorite flavor.  Starting on October 6, visit your neighborhood Starbucks to try a free sample.  We’ll be highlighting a new flavor on the following days:

Wednesday, October 6 – Vanilla: Rich, sweet vanilla flavor; simple yet surprisingly luxurious
Thursday, October 7 – Caramel: Smooth, buttery caramel flavor – especially delicious with a splash of half & half
Friday, October 8 – Mocha: A deep, dark chocolate flavor that perfectly complements roasted coffee.
Saturday, October 9 – Cinnamon Spice: An aromatic blend of coffee and cinnamon, accented with a hint of ginger and molasses.

Come in for a taste and discover your favorite flavor.  When you purchase any of the four new flavors October 6 – 9, 2010 you’ll receive a free tall (12 fl. oz.) handcrafted beverage of your choice.

Please enjoy, and let us know which one is your favorite flavor!

poisonredapple
10/5/2010 9:35 AM

caramel is probably the best one! I love it!

allysonvon
10/5/2010 11:53 AM

Any chance that a COLD VIA that is not sweet is in the works. I like my iced lattes with no sugar, flavor or sweetness. Just the great taste of the coffee and skim or soy :)

flukes
10/5/2010 11:53 AM

There needs to be a variety pack with a couple of each flavor in one package.

fuego
10/5/2010 11:54 AM

Shame on you starbucks for creating these flavors with SUGAR IN THEM!!

The baristas here in vancouver, WA were even fooled as they said "look the packet is bigger". Dead giveaway - I picked one up and I said "well, they stuck in 60 calories and a bunch of sugar which takes more room than 0 calorie regular VIA". So, I can't buy any of these flavors because I DO NOT USE SWEETENER WITH CALORIES (if I want calories at starbucks I get something that can't be imitated - WHIP!! or maybe a PASTRY but NOT "Cane sugar". Yeah, you put those words in so it would sound really "NATURAL". I don't care if its honey, corn syrup or cane sugar or agave nectar- it would all add the 60 calories I do not need or want. Why can't you leave the sweetening to us!!

Well, that's my comment and I'm sticking to it. I will only buy VIA Italian (I like the strong taste).

raincity
10/5/2010 12:18 PM

Quick iced mocha: Mocha Flavored VIA + hot water + ice + milk of choice. Delicious!

Betterbefore
10/5/2010 12:31 PM

I haven't tried the caramel yet, it's the one I really wanted to try and the only one I wasn't (kindly) given....pre-sale!   I think the mocha is good, but that can be reproduced with a regular (Ital roast for me, or decaf Ital roast) VIA added to an instant hot chocolate mix.  I like the vanilla, and haven't tried the cinnamon yet but am guessing it would be my least fave, altho I love cinnamon.  I'll find out I guess.

And, I whole-heartedly agree: the idea of a 'mixed pack' would be a success.  (the same with the regular Ital. roast and decaf....I'd like a pack that was half of each, would have to be priced accordingly I assume but I 100% believe it would sell).

Betterbefore
10/5/2010 4:13 PM

DID just try the caramel today and it was actually really good.  I was totally surprised at how good it was.  I like the vanilla but it was less flavorful of any "vanilla".   I don't think the 60cals is so significant.  In fact, as I heard someone famous say, (something to the effect):  the lo-fat, sugar-free concept has actually helped create a population of over weight people.  And I agree.... too much obsessing>>>> over-eating, etc.

Melody
10/5/2010 5:27 PM

Hello Mr. S! My favorite is caramel by far! Delicious! After that, Vanilla, Mocha, and least favorite is Cinnamon.

MBN33025
10/7/2010 2:43 AM

Starbucks, why are are you adding sugar to everything? I was very disappointed to see that the flavored coffees have 60 calories, the equivalent of FOUR teaspoons of sugar!! Some of us can't tolerate the sugar, or simply don't want it. Please offer an unsweetened version so we can control how much sweetness to add, if any. The same with iced VIA coffee -- please offer an unsweetened version!

Collie1
10/7/2010 4:36 PM

Maybe I am spoiled.. but I did not find the Mocha flavor to be all that great in comparison to the real mochas.  I think it may need more chocolate flavoring to really pull this off.

I tried the vanilla hot at my local starbucks and it was dead on for the flavor so I was a little disappointed that the mocha didn't have that same type of kick to it as the vanilla did. I am not a huge vanilla fan but I do buy iced and hot mochas all the time.

Maybe you can work on that recipe just a little bit more.

psiloveugreen
10/11/2010 11:23 AM

Starbucks does so well with recycled products use in sleeves, napkins etc I am always shocked every visit to not be able to find a recycle container.  I watch your Baristas and I have yet to see your employees separate thrash.  Its shocking in this day and age especially for a company that is in general highly consciencious.  It is the Simpliest Greeen Step... Every city makes it so simple... All you need is 2 half size bins or a split bin --- no addl space necessary--- same energy to toss left side vs right side --EZ  Cmon peeps it beyond sad

10/11/2010 12:10 PM

If you haven't had a chance to try the new Starbucks VIA Flavored Coffee you may be interested in the Starbucks VIA Flavor Match Game.  Winners may receive a sample pack of the four new flavors.

www.starbucks.com/.../via

EssellbeeRN
10/12/2010 6:45 AM

I got hooked on the Via unflavored coffees.  The caramel Via is too sweet, the mocha not sweet enough.  I poured them together--Almost Perfect!  I still like the plain Via the best.

daily sipper
10/12/2010 6:05 PM

As you might of heard, our adult-senior population is growing.

As a lot of us get older we develop Type 2 diabetes (sometimes know as adult onset diabetes) Even small amounts of sugar can result in abnormal elevated blood sugar levels.

How about developing products without sugar (we can add our own sweetner)

I can not have any of your new product.

I do buy them for gifts and my relatives that travel...Very convenient...

luckymom2
10/13/2010 10:10 AM

Can we go in the store and request sample packs of each flavor?

PrincessMocha
10/14/2010 1:15 PM

Tried both mocha Via and caramel Via: love the flavor, hate the extra calories. Please make them with Stevia or other noncalorie sweetener.

SFMLVR
10/14/2010 1:15 PM

I was thrilled to receive the announcement of the NEW FLAVORED VIA and rush to my local store. I was disappointed to see that all flavors were packed full of sugar... Here's to hoping that SB will show more compassion to their diabetic customers and give us more Sugar Free options.

Relle
10/14/2010 1:17 PM

They are all overly sweet for my taste, including the Via iced tea.  I do not even enjoy the samples for that reason.  I would like to have the flavored coffees without the sugar.

Dominikaccino
10/14/2010 1:46 PM

I hate this product.. it's antithetical to the whole point of Starbucks.. in an optimum-use scenario I sit home with a trunk full of VIA and NEVER venture out to get REAL fresh brewed coffee??? Come on guys.. you're shooting yourselves in the foot..

The PIKE generic brew was your first misstep.. the whole POINT of starbucks is unique and distinctive BOLD coffee.. not watery boring slew such as is the Dunkin Donuts, Burger King variety... the REASON people love starbucks is for the

a) unique BOLD and aromatic coffee

b)the EXPERIENCE.. making dry beans in a mug is NOT why anyone drinks (or should drink) coffee... it's about the brew, the process and the distinct flavor and NO, making the grunge that is VIA with fake flavors is NOT helping..

honestly, this new direction is making me use my Gold card less and less.. I loathe Pike and think Via tastes worse... next you'll do a donut-flavored brew?? seriously,, RETHINK strategy please..

brasina
10/14/2010 2:44 PM

They are GOOD, but need to be available in DECAF too!  Also, I disagree with making them with artificial sweeteners...they are FAR WORSE for you than just plain ol' sugar!  Keep up the good work guys, and make those flavors in decaf! :)

MoJoJC
10/14/2010 3:30 PM

When may we expect these tasty drinks in decaf?

ryandonald
10/16/2010 4:49 PM

I love the flavored Via's and would like to buy a package or 4, 8 or 12 with all the flavors in one package. But, would like them better if they didn't include sugar. Though I order decaf when I go into a Starbucks, I drink a partial Via early in the morning to give myself the boost I need to get to the workout center.

PEIelley
10/17/2010 4:59 AM

I agree with Brasina, they need to be in decaf.  Someone commented on the population getting older and needing to have sugarless drinks, but the decaf fits right in there as well.  Some people would love to be able to drink the full range of Starbucks products but most drinks do not come in decaf.

JanMat
10/17/2010 11:00 AM

Sorry, no go on those I have tried: Vanilla, Caramel, and Mocha.  Do not like the amount of sugar= calories...  Way too sweet!

rbbrooke
10/18/2010 12:51 PM

Why so much sugar in the new flavored Via's? Please leave the sugar out! By leaving out the sugar, the consumer gets the option of using whatever sweetener, if desired. Thanks to all the sugar in these flavored Via's, I refuse to drink them.

luckygirl73
10/19/2010 1:45 PM

i wish someone would create the best of both my evils a butterscoth toffee coffee that sounds so yummy! I love your caramel fraps they are great i would live off them year round if it wasnt for winter and the cooler weather. :) I live in Virginia and the closest starbucks is 20 minutes away from my home but well worth the drive. Cant wait to go get my pumpkin latte!!

Indykat8
10/20/2010 10:21 AM

IRISH CREAM is my FAVORITE flavor but, you no longer offer it.

noleafclover
10/25/2010 6:58 AM

Any chance you could offer these instant coffees without sugar?