The plush Bearista® Bear: ‘real’ cute!!

No, your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you-- a treat has arrived in stores: plush Bearista®  Bears are back due to popular demand on MSI!  Take home a soft and cozy little bear dressed in his (adorable) Halloween monster costume for $14.95 US, $16.95 CAN, at participating retail stores.  If the reprised Bearista®  Bear doesn’t warm you up on its own; how about a Halloween tumbler to match?  They are sure to put a smile on both kids and adults’ faces alike!

Bring back the "real" bearista bears
posted by betterbefore

Bring Back the Bearistas!
posted by Diele

Betterbefore
10/7/2010 2:39 PM

OK,  Now I do feel seriously a bit left out.  Long before "Diele' posted his thread about "bring back the bearista bears", I had posted the same exact thing, more than once, and I even pulled it up in commenting in Diele's newer thread.  My older thread came up.  So, what gives here?  The original, paired, dressed bearista bears had been on my list for quite awhile.  I commented on how I had collected them for one of my nieces for many yrs.  and how I casually referred to the 2009 Christmas bear as the 'recession' bear, a name that rapidly caught on.  You even had that little wheel in motion symbol next to the 'bring back the bearista bears long before 'Diele' posted his thread.

Diele, pleas know this has NOTHING to do with YOU.  It only has to do with how things are being done on msi right now.  And yes, I'm feeling ignored and left out..FOR SURE on this issue!  THIS bear issue was one I ranted about quite a bit.  Really, do you not see that???

10/7/2010 5:04 PM

@Betterbefore - that's an idea launched for you!  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll change the status of your idea.  Look for your new "idea launched" badge soon.

Diele
10/7/2010 10:24 PM

I'm a she. =) I am not offended in the slightest. I only posted as I saw yours was unable to vote/post at the time. Glad to see you were given credit!

Diele
10/7/2010 10:25 PM

I forgot to mention that the bearista is simply adorable! I can not wait to see more released for the holidays, Valentine's, etc.

HRMitchell
10/15/2010 6:05 PM

Our family has loved and collected the Bearista bears for years, and are delighted to see their return.

kelakena
10/15/2010 7:54 PM

YAY!!!!

MONAPER7
10/23/2010 9:07 PM

I was thinking about having bearistas that coincide with our core coffees.  You could have them dressed up like the region the coffee is from and have like a small "birthmark stamp" on the rear of the bear marking it's coffee stamp.  In addition to the holiday bears that are launch during holidays, you could give bears to those that have a favorite coffee from starbucks.  You could also make bears for city stores with a t-shirt of the city you are visiting, as opposed to just City Mugs. Then they can have the Stabuck logo as the "birthmark".  I've been thinking that it would be a cute gift for those coffee fans that have every mug and get coffee all the time as gifts.  You can have black bears, polar bears, panda bears, koala bears,  etc.   Also have other animals, the sea turtles were a hit this summer! This is something that I'm sure will be a great product for all Starbucks customers.

MONAPER7
10/23/2010 9:07 PM

JudyGVenti
10/26/2010 9:41 AM

The latest barista bear is adorable.  Can't wait to pick mine up!  Would love to see some of the BIG bears too.  I have several from years ago including a winter bear -- he's wearing a snowman suit and has the cutest music box on his bum.  Thanks!!!!

Betterbefore
11/8/2010 4:02 PM

I'm wondering:  where are the 'real' bears?   OK, a single one for Halloween but what about the (in yrs past) best-dressed-holiday ones which, imo, were Christmas????  (and Valentines, too)   I see we're getting a mouse.   Is there, or is there not, a REAL bearista bear, single or paired, this Christmas season????     looks like a mouse to me so far.  (and he's cute....but he's by no means a 'plush dressed bearista bear'. ???

SirMark
5/25/2011 1:34 PM

"I once walked into a store and was appalled by the proliferation of stuffed animals for sale.  "What is this?" I asked the store manager in frustration, pointing to a pile of wide-eyed cuddly toys that had absolutely nothing to do with coffee.  The manager didn't blink.  "They're great for incremental sales and have a big gross margin."  This was type of mentality that had become pervasive.  And dangerous."

page 90 ONWARD by Howard Schultz

scarlett2x
8/26/2011 5:51 PM

I've been with starbucks for four years and and have started collecting the bearista bears as well. I notice when holidays come and go without a bear when in times past there would have been one.

Focks
9/3/2013 7:07 AM

I've missed the Bearista Bears.

When I first started dating my wife, I bought her a Bearista Bear.  Since the first date, up to the present, (almost 12 years), I've always made a point to get the latest bear even though they are now, few and far between.

Here is our subtle collection so far.

img.photobucket.com/.../Iphone9-3-2013029_zps799bae14.jpg

We are ready to add to it!

Isn't it time you bring them back?  The holidays aren't the same with out the latest Bearista's.

How about a "Support the Troops" Bear?

m45phrbz
10/19/2013 5:07 PM

Where and when can we get a Bearista?  I called a few locations near me and only annoyed the person answering the phone by asking about them.  Guess they won't be near me so where and when can I get one?