100 of Your Ideas Launched with More to Come

Thank you for participating on MyStarbucksIdea.com.  We have picked up momentum on launching your ideas and are pleased to announce that 100 of your ideas are now a reality, with more on the way.

My Starbucks Idea is supported by 40 Starbucks partners, subject matter experts representing different areas of the business who look at the website regularly and then share back to the teams the most popular ideas as well as some of those great “sleeper” ideas.  Your ideas are considered and we value your input into bettering the Starbucks Experience.

There is also an exclusive site for Starbucks partners (employees).   You’ll see some partner ideas included in the list below too.    Keep the ideas coming!  We’re listening.

#100 – Buy a Friend a Beverage Remotely
#99 – Starbucks Card Benefits at Licensed Stores
#98 – Bring Back Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
#97 – Starbucks Reserve
#96 – Venti Stainless Steel Mug
#95 – Reusable Cup Sleeve
#94 – Mobile App for Blackberry
#93 – Dome Lid Button on Register (partner idea)
#92 – Wireless Headsets for Drive Thru Stores (partner idea)
#91 – Recycling
#90 – Coconut Mocha Frappuccino
#89 – Extend the Treat Receipt
#88 – Sell Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee
#87 – Improve Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
#86 – Serve More Snack Food (popcorn)
#85- My Rewards in Canada
#56 – Make Gold Card Gold
#55 – (RED) Gold Card
#54 – Tea Refills for Rewards Program
#53 – More Reusable Venti Cold Tumblers
#52 – Decaf Starbucks VIA Ready Brew
#51 – MSI Inbox
#50 – POS e-learning (partner idea)

To see the the first 50 ideas launched click here:

JavaChicky
10/15/2010 1:55 PM

I'd still like to see a greater emphasis on coffee knowledge, pairing and passion. Partners should have the opportunity to learn more, do more tastings, lead tastings in cafes and spread coffee knowledge. More signage on coffee and not on "stuff" . Get back to your roots!

xxender
10/15/2010 4:55 PM

There are some really great things going on in this list and some have really affected me as a customer (making me a more loyal customer), but I can not find Cold Cup Tumblers ANYWHERE. I checked every starbucks I went to and it's always been out of stock on the online store. I wanted to get a Venti one but I'd even settle for the grande. I ordered so much green tea and cold drinks over summer (and will continue to) so I go through cup after cup. :-/

10/16/2010 7:48 AM

Hi xxender, Cold Cups are a seasonal item - available during the summer and Christmas times of year.

JavaChicky - thanks for your comment.  Have you heard Coffee Master is back?  We'll have more news on that soon.

Brandy73
10/16/2010 9:21 AM

I would like for Starbucks to bring back the "Almond Toffee Bar." It is my favorite desert there ever!!!!

TheKwan
10/16/2010 5:52 PM

# 101 - Domed lids for the cold cup tumblers are now available online.  :)

www.starbucksstore.com/.../shprodde.asp

wellfleet
10/19/2010 12:58 PM

Add the option of having low-fat soy milk.

wellfleet
10/19/2010 1:00 PM

Think about making a rush hour express line for those of us who just want coffee.  Waiting in line as folks point and pick pastries and

decide on turkey bacon is frustrating.  One line for express; one for all other.  It would speed the plow.

canadafamilyus
10/19/2010 1:03 PM

I heard that Starbucks is considering adding alcoholic beverages after 4 pm. I bring my kids to Starbucks because we home school them. We allow them to do their studies in a nice outside atmosphere. If you start selling alcohol, we will not enter another Starbucks. You don't need to push the envelope to bring people in. Stick with the best coffee and service you have and you'll continue to thrive.

bsan
10/19/2010 1:09 PM

Open a Starbucks in Guam. We were stationed there for almost four years and I missed it so much. So, please open one up in Guam so when we go back there we won't miss our favorite drinks.

Anonymous
10/19/2010 1:11 PM

Bring back the original Cinnamon syrup. The Cinnamon Spice Mocha is the greatest drink you have ever had, but it isn't the same with the Cinnamon Dolce syrup.

jessfraga
10/19/2010 1:15 PM

These are all great! Do you know if there are any talks about lactaid milk being an option in the future?

pchillin
10/19/2010 1:17 PM

starbucks drive thru at Walt Disney World!

mcnamaragang
10/19/2010 1:17 PM

I would like pregnant moms to get a free cup of decaf for every month of pregnancy, and new moms get a free coffee every month for the baby's first 6 months.

emory2001
10/19/2010 1:26 PM

* BABY CHANGING TABLES IN THE RESTROOM! When I had my son 2 years ago and realized there is not a single baby changing table in any Starbucks that I go to in the entire Orlando area, I was DISGUSTED to have to change him on the bathroom floor, and this was a diaper change that couldn't wait (if you have babies, you understand this). After doing that once, I made sure not to visit Starbucks when we needed a diaper change, or if I thought we might need a diaper change. I almost changed him on a table in the restaurant, in front of every guest, just to make the point.

* Bring back maple flavored coffee syrup. It's my husband's all-time favorite.

* Bring back melon syrup. The green tea latte hasn't been the same without it.

*  Offer bubble tea!

* Agreeing with anonymous above to bring back Cinnamon syrup.

* A Starbucks reward card that isn't blinding bling-y gold. I liked the original black one with the subdued gold cup image much better. In fact, the blinding gold card doesn't even seem very "Starbucks." It seems more Beyonce.

R0yaltyinc
10/19/2010 1:29 PM

Make a kid sized cup for frappuccinos.

piratepatch
10/19/2010 1:35 PM

Diabetics love Starbucks too. Around the holidays it would be awesome to have a specialty coffee in the sugar free ! Would LOVE to have a pumpkin spice latte!!

Reepijoy
10/19/2010 1:35 PM

please make the gold card be able to go on a key chain

HopeS
10/19/2010 1:35 PM

It would be great to be able to advertise on the sleeves for the coffee, companies that do good for the communities, or have a health benefit.

Steven53
10/19/2010 1:45 PM

I really miss the espresso brownies!

sarahhk
10/19/2010 1:47 PM

MORE SUGAR FREE/FAT FREE OPTIONS! ESPECIALLY ON THE FRAPUCCINOS AND SPECIALITY/SEASONAL DRINKS (PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!) PLEASE MAKE THEM WITH NOT SUGAR! DIABETICS WANT THIS!!! :)

Good Chaos
10/19/2010 1:48 PM

I love the taste of iced coffee! But when I asked for decaf they said they don't serve that.

Please make decaf Iced coffee available for those who can't handle too much caffeine.

JerseyJava
10/19/2010 1:50 PM

I'd love a Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte please?  Pretty please?

Grvforce
10/19/2010 2:07 PM

I like to throw in some coffee beans in my Americano, every time i shake my cup, i know how much coffee left in my cup. wonderful sound.

faythlooeeze
10/19/2010 2:08 PM

1)Please bring back the salted hot chocolate

2) Almond milk would be a great alternative to soy

3) Cherry Almond flavored drinks

4) Flavored drinks that are not sweetened and you can add what sweetener you prefer

giancan
10/19/2010 2:11 PM

Mix the frappuchino with less ice and more milk and double blend so it is creamier (like a milk shake)

tiffybox
10/19/2010 2:14 PM

I have an idea :) I think Starbucks should team up with Einstein's Bagels somehow. Starbucks is the best coffee, and Einstein's has the best bagels. :)

kskoser
10/19/2010 2:17 PM

I think that you should come up with a program to enter frequent customers orders in the computer so that when you come to the window or counter that you just have to give them your name and it will bring up the drinks that you order and the ingredence that you need added so when you send someone to get you a drink it makes it easy for everyone.

I would also love to see more sugar free options.

wyndechyme
10/19/2010 2:38 PM

I would love for you to bring back the signature hot chocolate and espresso truffle mocha. I miss those so much! The regular hot chocolate and mocha are too sweet.

RemRem22
10/19/2010 2:56 PM

I think Starbucks shoule bring back the quotes on the hot cups.

Margo1948
10/19/2010 3:06 PM

Fat Free whipped cream, please. Make those sugar free drinks really skinny!!

More sugar free flavors, please, especially pumpkin spice!

Gloriestar
10/19/2010 3:43 PM

I would love to see a variety pack of the new flavored VIA!

buckieluv
10/19/2010 4:01 PM

We're always trying to reduce waste so maybe have half bags of Mocha Powder, Matcha, Vanilla Powder & Protein Powder. For smaller volume stores it would really reduce shrink costs. :)

riverhutch
10/19/2010 4:05 PM

idea: toast

Steve 2
10/19/2010 4:15 PM

How about reinstating my light bulb Cecile that I won fair and square when I was Steve1 and now that you cancelled my account forcing me to open a new account as Steve2 you refuse to transfer my light bulb.  Why?  What is it to Starbucks anyway?  You are just being stubborn so please reconsider.   THANK YOU!

Tehreem
10/19/2010 5:03 PM

Love the Vanilla flavoured VIA..

carollk
10/19/2010 5:42 PM

PLEASE bring back the breakfast pairings.

Punkrockchic
10/19/2010 5:43 PM

I say

Make Fruity flavors of the Fraps

COUPONS !!

Samples !

Thicker Frapz

wider cups !

BGH
10/19/2010 6:09 PM

I fell in love with Starbucks with my first sip 20+ years ago at Laguna Beach, CA location.  Any time on road trips, looked up Starbucks prior and put on itinerary.  Friends and family knew my love for Starbucks....When Starbucks moved in down the road, I was so excited...letting everyone know....and actually many friends knowing my love of Starbucks contacted me.  Years later, I now only go 1-2/month.  Pikes ... Anniversary....are you kidding?!?!

Please bring back what truly draws a Starbucks lover....

SUMATRA...VERONA....I miss those days!!!!

ralyn
10/19/2010 6:16 PM

more coupons!

and... make toffee nut frap available at all times, not only during christmas season. yipee!!!

Carra
10/19/2010 6:19 PM

Seasonal, event gift cards...  Wanted to send a "Happy Halloween" gift card to college aged daughter.

onemarilynfan
10/19/2010 8:22 PM

My god, if they did all the ideas on here,it would be a ridiculously huge menu! How bout this, bring back my damn frappuccino! I have had to start going to Caribou Coffee,order my drink with extra ice to TRY and get my old frap! I see you guys bend over backwards for your people who want sugar free, fat free, soy light soy,every god damn thing they want. Well guess what,you guys wouldnt be number one without your old customers,you know, the ones you LOST when you screwed us over last summer,the ones who drove up, ordered our fav drink and got a crappy watery version, with NO warning! You suck ass,and I tried the drink 6 times in one visit! You are the stupidest company I've ever seen, to lose customers instead of keeping old ones AND getting new ones too,you decide to fuck over the old ones,well,I miss my chai latte,but I REFUSE to step foot in a strbx! When I drive by one, going to Caribou,I wanna just vomit,right in the front entrance,or drive my car thru the front door, to say a big FUCK YOU to STARBUCKS and all the ppl inside who are in there giving money to a company who fucks over regular customers,just wait til they take your fav drink away! STUPID bastards, I hope your ceo chokes on a fucking scone and dies!

snokisses
10/19/2010 9:07 PM

Light soy milk please!

mbkp4
10/20/2010 12:00 AM

I don't think changing an infants diaper on a cafe table is very sanitary.  Gross!!!  I'm a mother of two children (one still in diapers) and I have had many situations where I have had to change diapers where there was no changing table.  I have used the trunk of my car, the backseat of my car, and the back of my SUV.  I think changing your child's diaper on a table is a little etreme.  Next time let the Manager or the DM know that you are concerned about he lack of changing table in the restrooms.  They are always willing to listen to customers concerns.

cyberdean07
10/20/2010 1:59 AM

Wine and Beer for the total sidewalk café experience.

laurapcat
10/20/2010 5:39 AM

I think coffee drinks w/ Baileys would be great!

TexasBeth
10/20/2010 6:04 AM

I really miss the Maple Oat Scone.  It was my all time favorite.

I also prefer the old Black card to the new Gold one.  Since I don't get 10% off any more, I got miffed and don't buy food.  The free syrups don't do me any good because I get a plain latte 99% of the time.

You should make a coffee at Halloween called "witches brew."

Before my former town got a Starbucks the coffee shop there came up with a new drink just about every week.  It kept people coming in!  For Halloween week they made a Witches brew latte that tasted just like a Snickers bar..yummmm!!!!

Also, I would really like for all cards to be available on keychain.  If I've left my card in another purse, I pass Starbucks up since the drink won't count toward my free one.  A keychain card insures I'll always have it on me.

papa9x
10/20/2010 9:11 AM

Dear Starbucks,  Saw on the news last night that you are trying out beer and wine in your stores.  BAD IDEA!!!  I go to Starbucks for coffee and coffee house ambience.  I don't need some drunk drooling in my Latte.  If I want to drink I'll go to a sports bar which is where it should be in the first place, and yes I am a "Gold Card" holder (by invitation by the way)  Please don't make me have to start drinking "Dunkin Donuts coffee"  that's a fate worst than death!  Why don't you take a poll of registered Starbucks Card holders??  Get an idea of how your loyal customers think!!

ByTheBook
10/24/2010 12:51 PM

For those who have been around her for some time; of the ideas "ALLEGEDLY" launched (listed below)- HOW MANY received overwhelming POSITIVE support her at MSI?

#62 Loose Leaf Tea for Retail Sale

#68 Teach Baristas to say “Thank You” in Sign Language

#73 Computer Wallpaper

#65 Brewed Decaf coffee Available in the Afternoon

#64 Open a Store in Sweden

#61 New Whole Grain Wrap

#15 Bring Back Chantico

#55 (RED) Gold Card

#52 Decaf Starbucks VIA Ready Brew

#78 Better Incentives for Personal Mugs

And, we are told that these are part of the "100 of Your Ideas Launched with More to Come"

So, if I may ask, where's that #55 (RED) Gold Card I'll be using to pay for my #15 Chantico?  And, don't forget the #78 Better Incentives for Personal Mugs, when I bring my own!

When I read, "Thank you for participating on MyStarbucksIdea.com.  We have picked up momentum on launching your ideas and are pleased to announce that 100 of your ideas are now a reality, with more on the way."  I LAUGH!

Collectively, are we really that unable to see that even the stated 100 number has been fudged?  This site has run its course.  It's time to close it down.

10/25/2010 1:42 PM

Thank you for your comments and sharing more ideas.  I encourage you to share, vote, and comment on these ideas here on MSI.  The popular ideas rise to the top and are shared back to the appropriate teams at Starbucks.  Let us know which ones are important to you by sharing your vote.

Cubsfan1
10/25/2010 2:49 PM

As a Starbucks "addict", a couple of suggestions.  At my "work" Starbucks, I totally agree with the "express" line idea for those of us stopping by just for coffee. I like the headset idea in use, but the lines get so long (one day out the door!) that coffee cups pile up at the registers and no one knows who gets what.

At my "weekend" location,  I applaud the finishes and additional space gained from a recent renovation. However, it's no longer as comfortable or conversation friendly at all. Many of the tables for 2 or 4 have been replaced by a bench along the wall where individuals are lined up computer lab style or along the windows bar style where you stare out and can't look at the person you're talking too. A happy medium perhaps? Some of us do like to sit and chat or hold meetings at Starbucks! And PLEASE bring back some of the soft chairs. All we have now are two weird chairs with no arms that really don't work for people over 6'.

SofieFlensted
11/2/2010 12:21 PM

Hi,

I'm a graduate student at UH. I'm currently working on a case study on My Starbucks Idea for a PR class. Could I ask you a couple of questions about how Starbucks identify and interact with their publics through this online community?

Sofie Flensted

thomasrecapss
11/18/2010 2:59 AM

Hello everybody we are a group of French students and we have to interview some people who contribute to give their ideas to some brand such as Starbucks. so if you are nice enough to help us, we would like to send you a short questionnary. If you are interested in helping us please do not hesitate to follow the link and answer our 5min questionnary: spreadsheets.google.com/viewform