New Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich

While the visions of sugar plums are dancing out of my head – the visions of roasted red & green peppers and Monterey Jack cheese are more than making up for it!  Launching today is our newest Artisan Breakfast Sandwich featuring roasted onions, red & green peppers and parmesan cheese in a fluffy egg frittata and topped with Monterey Jack cheese on our signature bakery style artisan roll.

This newest breakfast sandwich was inspired by you -- yes you!  You shared on MyStarbucksIdea that while you love the Spinach Feta Wrap we were missing a vegetarian breakfast sandwich from our line-up.   Our culinary team set to work and developed two delicious sandwiches and we went to back to you at MyStarbucksIdea to have you vote for your favorite.  While you loved both ideas, the winning flavor was the Roasted Veggie & Monterey Jack cheese.

Thanks for all your input to help bring this tasty new breakfast sandwich to mouths in many Starbucks stores!

Meatless Breakfast Pairings
posted by lmg118

1/4/2011 9:01 AM

Today through January 10, an Artisan Breakfast Sandwich is only $2 with the purchase of a handcrafted beverage.

coffeevanilla
1/4/2011 9:58 AM

I am so excited about this new sandwich! Typically I get something from Starbucks for breakfast/lunch/or dinner when I'm working, and I go for either the Greek yogurt with honey or the roasted veggie panini. While these are delicious vegetarian options, I'm glad to have another.

Anonymous
1/4/2011 1:24 PM

I ordered one this morning and disected it.

Sorry Starbucks but the vegetarian artisan sandwich is a miss. Whoever is making this for you has grossly underdelivered.

The egg puck contained exactly one little 1/4-inch piece of red pepper, that did not appear to be "roasted" and did not taste roasted.

The roll needs to be toasted in the assembly process so that when it is heated in the store the roll does not becomes a soggy lump of dough.

The egg puck fritata was dwarfed by the roll, but it did have good flavor (would be great if it really had some roasted peppers in it) and the jack cheese compliments well.

In its current state it is not even worth the $2.00 special price.

DadCooks
1/4/2011 1:27 PM

That is my comment above, when I went to post it the page kicked me out to the server error page that we have been getting since 12/31/2010.

carollk
1/4/2011 1:46 PM

Does "handcrafted beverage" include brewed coffee?  Because the home page says "any beverage".

purple1
1/4/2011 1:53 PM

As said in an earlier post, this sandwich is just awful and how you describe it Erin would make it sound great, but have you actually tasted one in a store? The sandwich is tastless, too much cheese, and I can't believe the recommendations made on MSI helped create this sandwich. Sad example of a vegetarian choice.

vanillachai
1/4/2011 2:59 PM

I'm really looking forward to trying this. Ive never had any breakfast sandwich before so Im glad now that there is a veggie version for me to enjoy!

1/4/2011 4:43 PM

@carollk - brewed coffee is included in this offer.

COFFEEISLIFE
1/4/2011 7:50 PM

I will try this tomorrow and will report back.

Chocolate shavings in the Perfect Oatmeal is Fantastic

Cayna
1/4/2011 7:52 PM

I love this sandwich, it was delicious and i will be getting one every morning I am in. Thank you so much for the options, I had been getting the ham one and taking the meat off of it. SoI love this!

carollk
1/10/2011 7:27 AM

Okay, I tried the "Veggie", Egg and Monterey Jack Cheese sandwich.  There were zero vegetables, not even the 1/4 inch piece of red pepper that Anonymous got.  I will not order it again.

Tea for T
1/13/2011 6:36 AM

Was so incredibly disappointed to not be able to have my Huevos Rancheros this morning.  I was so pissed I couldn't even think of trying it's replacement.  I couldn't take my frustration out of the great people working there, so the sandwich had to feel my wrath by not being selected. There was nothing about seeing a frittata on a bun that was remotely appealing to me. As a vegetarian, I want to be able to SEE the veggies I eat.  I saw the description of the Artisan Sandwich in the case: Veggies, Egg, Cheese, and I wondered where the veggies were - finely chopped, barely visible doesn't count.  I went with the Spinach Wrap which leaves a taste in my mouth all day that I don't really care for.  And gave me a salt fix instead of the pure protein fix I was looking for.  PLEASE return the HR to its rightful place in the store!!!!

katahdin924
1/16/2011 9:21 PM

I didn't realize that this "veggie" sandwich replaced Huevos Ranchero.  The wrap was amazing and the "veggie" is Veggieless!  That makes me really upset, and I won't be buying breakfast anymore, as there are no options for vegetarians other than a veggieless hunk of egg and cheese.  Epic Fail, Starbucks - you can do much better!

paulnps
1/19/2011 5:23 AM

The huevos rancheros wrap was much better.  Why replace is with this poor substitution?  Does anyone taste test your food?

This is new sandwich is too salty and really has no vegetables.  I regularly buy the spinach wrap which is much better and has a real vegetable in it.

I tried this new "Vegetarian Sandwich"once and will never order again. No real vegetables, too salty, too fatty tasting.  My stomach was upset soon after eating it.

Please improve and have someone in the executive wing taste this not very good sandwich.

And please lower sodium.  It is extremely unhealthy and a major risk for a large number of your customers with heart issues.

paulnps
1/19/2011 5:23 AM

This new sandwich is too salty and really has no vegetables.  I regularly buy the spinach wrap which is much better and has a real vegetable in it.

VegDebs
2/11/2011 7:34 AM

I'm vegan. Still can't eat that... How about offering ONE option w/o eggs and cheese? Would that really hurt anyone?

Healthmo
2/26/2011 4:59 AM

Where is the vegan option?  Why is also always assumed that all vegetarians eat eggs?

KaffineJunkie
9/1/2011 12:21 PM

That would be a great new option....I'm really ready for a new flavor/taste to appear on the menu....since I eat 2-3 breakfast options a week with my Venti Bold.....I sure miss the huevos rancheros wrap...wish they wouldn't have elminated it.

AlyssaMarietta
11/22/2011 10:05 AM

Could someone confirm that the enzymes in the cheese in this sandwich are NOT from an animal source? If there is rennet, then indeed this sandwich is not even vegetarian.

I'd like to try it, despite the negative reviews, but need to know this first.

Thanks!

sunnyday1
11/8/2013 1:21 PM

excited to get the new vegetarian breakfast sandwich - while it had a good taste - it was only egg and cheese - what happened to the vegetable part of the sandwich.