Starbucks Card Mobile Goes National

Hi everyone! Some exciting news on the Starbucks Card Mobile front. You’ve told us that mobile payment is fast and convenient, but you want more locations that accept mobile payment – we hear you!

So we are very pleased to let you know that all company-operated Starbucks stores in the United States will now accept mobile payment. That’s more than 6,800 locations in the country, in addition to more than 1,000 Target Starbucks locations!

With Starbucks Card Mobile, you can not only take advantage of the country’s largest mobile payment program, you can also view your balance, check your Stars in our My Starbucks Rewards program, reload your Starbucks Card and find the nearest Starbucks.

Starbucks Card Mobile apps are available for Blackberry and Apple iPhone devices. Check it out!

Pay w/my iPhone at ALL Starbucks
posted by SenatorRyan

RaeWhitlock
1/19/2011 9:10 AM

Looking forward to availability for Android devices.

1/19/2011 9:14 AM

It's in the works.  We'll have more news to share later this year.

BobGrove
1/19/2011 9:33 AM

Any news on availability for the BlackBerry Torch?  Also, since not all BlackBerrys are supported, can you have the list of supported models placed on the web page referenced above?  There was a list last year, but now you have to attempt to download the app to find it's not supported on certain models of BlackBerry.

Chuck Davidson
1/19/2011 11:28 AM

Thanks for your question BobGrove.  We've added the info back to the page.

Compatible Devices

BlackBerry 8800, 8820

BlackBerry Bold 9000, 9650, 9700

BlackBerry Curve 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8350i, 8520, 8530, 8900

BlackBerry Storm 9530

BlackBerry Storm2 9550

BlackBerry Tour 9630

michaeka
1/19/2011 2:02 PM

What about android support?? The iphone app is great would be good to have it on the best selling phone os right now!

mdmenzel
1/19/2011 2:42 PM

How about Canada, or more specifically, Calgary where the rewards program has already launched?

jaywelcome
1/19/2011 3:12 PM

Android should have their own app by now. With a ton of users running some sort android OS, its only fair that they get starbucks support. Seeing that I'm part of the android crowd, I think we should have our own app. It should have been released at the same time as the blackberry and iphone apps. how unfair...

grettagee
1/19/2011 3:24 PM

Come on already! Do you realize how many Android users there are! Our app should have come b4 the Blackberry app. Put it on the fast track PLEASE?

Harwich
1/19/2011 4:15 PM

No Android.  Your losing touch with your customers

LAM Creations
1/19/2011 6:01 PM

Seriously Android is taking over the smartphone market. I see several android phones in customers hands everyday when I stop by my local store. I am not sure what the timeline is but I would like to see it expedited. I am an Android developer and I have been waiting so long for this app I created my own! I hope the official app will be a combination of the myStarbucks app and the mobile card app.

COFFEEISLIFE
1/19/2011 6:53 PM

Wow

dpiddy
1/20/2011 10:40 AM

Starbucks said Android App is in the works.  No need to lose patience.

Also, does anyone know if this app replaces the old Starbucks Card Mobile (I have version 1.4 build 9) for Blackberry?

Another question, any reason why Starbucks app isn't in the blackberry store?

izombie99
1/20/2011 12:39 PM

5 words: Blackberry Torch Ninety-Eight Hundred !?!

Jeepish
1/20/2011 1:39 PM

My carrier (Cincinnati Bell) does not support the abbreviated SMS address is there another number to text to oa a URL to download the Blackberry app?

Thanks

love2godown
1/20/2011 5:05 PM

I've tried many times in the last 24 hours to download the this app to my bb storm2. Get error everytime. "Device not supported"

When to the carrier Verizion where I purchased it to see if it was the device, they claim no issue with the device. hmm.

SO WHAT IS GOING ON? Can anyone assist?

capt6363
1/20/2011 7:07 PM

Great news that Starbucks has expanded its mobile pay program. This will be very useful to many loyal Starbucks customers. Thanks Starbucks!! Please, add the blackberry torch as a compatible device so I can take advantage of this new feature. Been waiting for many months now!!

Thanks!

jchilstrom2002
1/23/2011 9:26 AM

Can't wait for a Starbucks Card Mobile app for Android!  Would also love to be able to use my Gold Card at Target locations!

Rocker
1/23/2011 9:17 PM

The fact that android have to wait so long for an app is a crime i mean android is an open source os its not like you have to learn a whole new programing system.Im a gold card member and i must say starbucks you should be ashamed for the insult to the android community

bikeboy2
1/25/2011 8:04 AM

When is app going to be compatible with the Blackberry Torch?

Crash88
1/25/2011 7:50 PM

I can't begin to describe how disappointed I am that Starbucks doesn't see fit to support the Torch/9800, arguably the leading edge product from Blackberry. I can empathize with how the Android users are suffering.

Juan2345678
1/29/2011 7:11 AM

The pay by app option is great. But PLEASE make it a company wide policy to NOT have the baristas touch people's phones. It's bad enough that they have to handle all the germ filled money that is handed to them. That is unavoidable. But touching dirty germy phones IS avoidable (except for drive thru customers).

TopGunSales
2/2/2011 5:00 PM

Hey Guys: I tried to download to my BB Curve 8520 the new mobile app. But I get an error that states "my device" is not supported. and its on the website stating that it is supported.

What's the deal?

kathie
2/2/2011 9:17 PM

We have only one phone, between 2 registered gold card users. Is there any way to combine our cards on one mobile card to keep track of purchases? (Yes, I suppose we could share. If the personalized gold cards weren't so pretty!)

tyswtpea
2/3/2011 11:51 PM

You cannot receive discounts with gold card at Target locations

CoolguySP
2/7/2011 8:29 AM

No Android app yet! Whats wrong with u? C'mon , Starbucks! Give us one soon, already...

TexasCanadian
2/9/2011 9:20 PM

Need to not get hassled at the drive thru window when trying to use my app. Some of them know me and will take my phone others just throw their hands up in the air saying "I can't touch your phone." "Your more than welcome to come inside and pay." HELLO I'm in the DRIVE THRU for a reason! There is a simple solution at hand, and all it takes is an app update saying, "By handing over your device to any Starbuck's Employee, Starbucks assumes no liability for loss, theft, or accidents that may occur while your devices is in their possession. " Accept or Decline If you decline, your app doesn't work for purchases!

dizzygirl
2/16/2011 1:36 PM

why do so many people complain? Starbucks is trying to make things easy for us paying customers and all we do is complain.....come on people.......

klarinet
3/20/2011 10:24 AM

I second the comment above about the drive-thru.  Most new stores these days seem to be drive-thru, and customers like the convenience.  Don't move backwards by making it inconvenient.  My wallet's under my butt, my phone is on the dash.  If it can be easy, make it so.  If I were worried about you dropping my phone, I wouldn't hand it to you in the first place.  Your partners manage to keep my money and cards in their hands, I don't think my phone is that much harder to hold.

heyneen20
4/16/2011 6:27 AM

Hey Starbucks!! Looks like you have plenty of Android users to justify creating a mobile app for the Android. I own an Android and I am currently using a third part app. Plz plz plz hurry with the Android app =)

7/8/2013 4:47 AM

Pingback from  ????????????????????????????????? | ????????????-???????????????????????????xlinblog.sinaapp.com