Cupcakes are Tastier than Ever!

Last year on My Starbucks Idea and you let us know our cupcake recipe wasn’t your favorite; I think you even said the word, "dry" – ouch!   So our bakers had a lot of work to do – we needed the moistest, most wonderfully flavored cake base to be topped with the most delicious and creamy buttercream frosting.

Megan, well known around here for her amazing cookies, set to work baking batch after batch of cupcakes to find the tastiest cake possible.  Sugar fatigue (and likely a couple extra stops at the gym) didn’t stop her – she was determined to make this year’s recipe tastier than ever.

I think she totally got it!  Next time those cravings for something sweet hits try our Signature Cupcakes in Red Velvet or Vanilla Bean.

And don't forget Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching.  if you’re an organized romantic you can pre-order a box of four cupcakes at participating U.S. stores by Feb 12.  If you’re more the last-minute, spur-of-the-moment type you can drop by on Valentine’s Day and we’ll do our best to have cupcakes available.

Be sure to share your comments and stories if you surprised someone (or were surprised!) with our cupcakes this Valentine's Day.

Dry Cupcakes
posted by COF3LVR

Cupcakes
posted by kc1

Betterbefore
2/5/2011 6:43 AM

I agree!  they are definitely better than last year! I'm not sure that I think the vanilla as good as it once was, but yes, better than last year! Thanx!

Melody
2/5/2011 8:26 AM

The cupcakes are better than last year, and even the frosting seems tastier. I went a long time before I tried them because I was reluctant, remembering how bad last year's were. Starbucks should have put a sign next to them that said "new recipe" ;-)

Finally, a barista pushed me a little into trying a cupcake, and much to my surprise, the red velvet one is absolutely delicious!  Vanilla is good, and the red velvet one is great!

~Melody

COFFEEISLIFE
2/5/2011 11:06 AM

The cookies are great - peanut butter cookies are very good. Ok i will try the new cup cakes, and report back. Thanks

purple1
2/5/2011 11:47 AM

I love the peanut butter cookies too. Have not yet tried the cupcakes because they were not great last year. Will have to try them again. Once a while back moderators had asked what other flavors we would suggest. Nothing came of it. Why only two flavors this year?

COFFEEISLIFE
2/5/2011 9:17 PM

Ok I had the brand new cup cakes, these are better indeed, not like last years, hmmm, the first cup cakes were a little better. These new cup cakes I would buy again.

COFFEEISLIFE
2/5/2011 9:22 PM

The past few months - the apple fritters have drastically changed into something terrible, from what i understand these apple fritters come from WWW.TOPPOTDONUTS.com which has a wonderful picture of what the origional apple fritters use to look like. Now the apple fritters are don't look or taste like they once did.

KellyP
2/6/2011 7:16 PM

You might try the FlyingApronBakery there in Seattle to supply some of your baked goods.  They are gluten free and vegan free.  This might appeal to a lot of your customers that have allergies.

Betterbefore
2/8/2011 5:36 AM

I agree, maybe it would be helpful to put up a little sign (how long would that take?) nr the cupcakes:  "new recipe".   Lots of people dropped them from the bad taste of last yr.

sbx_evan
2/9/2011 10:10 AM

Hi, it’s Erin again.  Thanks for the great comments on our new tastier cupcakes – it really made my day!  For the disappointed chocoholics as we looked at which cupcake flavors to bring back the best selling flavors were Vanilla Bean & Red Velvet making them the clear winners in the cupcake flavor battle.  We have more exciting cupcake news in the near future – so be sure to stay tuned.

ppoberg
2/16/2011 11:57 AM

I agree, the cupcakes are moister, and flavorful!  I love the Vanilla Bean and the Red Velvet I have once in a while, but I can't pass up my Vanilla Bean Cupcake, I guess you can call me a cupcake lover at heart...yum!

irinastar1
2/24/2011 4:05 AM

I kike it, it's special!

irinastar1
2/24/2011 4:05 AM

I like it, it's special!

irinastar1
2/24/2011 4:05 AM

I like it, it's special!

youngatart
2/26/2011 10:19 AM

Glad to hear the cupcakes are more moist this year, I have avoided them for the very "dry" reason others have, but willing to give them a try. To piggyback on COFFEEISLIFE, the apple fritters make me gag. Apple fritters are my fav and these are NOT like they used to be- crispy-tasty-yumminess!  They are almost...bear with me, soggy?  Can you pleeeease address this at some point in the near future.  Thanks for listening!

Suite2100
3/4/2011 6:13 AM

I agree on the red velvet and vanilla bean - I prefer those so glad to see they won the "buy test". For me the key is to have modest sized cup cakes so I do not feel TOO indulgent when getting one.