Introducing New Starbucks Petites

Everyone deserves a little treat and now we have the perfect way to indulge without breaking the belt! New Starbucks Petites are all perfectly portioned at under 200 calories, so you can have your cake and eat it too.

With eight tempting delights, you are sure to find a way to make your afternoon perfect.

•         Cake Pops – yummy bites of cake mixed with buttercream frosting then coated in chocolate and conveniently perched on a stick. Available in three delicious flavors: Birthday Cake, Rocky Road and Tiramisu,  which is made with our Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew.
  • Cupcakes – mini-size versions topped with dreamy swirls of frosting. Available in Carrot Cake and my personal favorite, Peanut Butter
  • Sweet Squares – enticing swirls of sweetness and decadent toppings make these the ultimate indulgence. Available in Lemon and Salted Caramel.
  • Whoopie Pie – Besides being really fun to say, the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie is a delicious moist Red Velvet cake sandwich filled with cream cheese frosting.

So find any reason at all to treat yourself to one or more.  And come back and let us know which one you enjoyed most!

Starbucks Minis
posted by apaasch

Janarvi
3/10/2011 11:17 AM

Yummy!

Diele
3/10/2011 4:00 PM

How exciting! I am a little surprised my thread was not linked her since I had my thread first(closed quickly with the will review results of test response). Just happy to see they were successful and seem to be back for good!

Betterbefore
3/11/2011 5:47 AM

This is a great idea for just a small-something.  I've had them all (excpet the bday cake-pop, and I won't be trying it)

I thought the most excellent was the pb choc cupcake and probably the rv whoopie pie, tied for first.  The carrot-cake cupcake was a close second to me.

jrsteele11
3/11/2011 6:20 AM

These look AMAZING. I wish Starbucks would introduce a gluten free petite so I could try one. :)

1yogagirl
3/11/2011 6:51 AM

I tried the birthday cake lollipop so far and it is so good. Mini treats are a very good idea.

PS I just received my first light bulb and when I looked up what it was for, the light bulb was next to tribute treats . Can you tell me what idea my light bulb was for. I'm so excited . Finally!

porschea
3/11/2011 8:17 AM

I just had one of the Tiramisu pops yesterday, and a bite of the Lemon Sweet Square!  SO DELICIOUS!

Suite2100
3/11/2011 10:25 AM

The lemon square catches my eye - will try that next store I see it in. Hope it is a nice mix of tart and sweet.

flukes
3/12/2011 6:13 PM

So far I've tried almost all of them and my favorite is the chocolate peanut butter cupcake and lemon square.  Please please continue to offer tiny-sized treats like this.  I was addicted to the petite vanilla bean scones and now I have more variety of small treats to choose from...I'm not sure if these are limited-time only items, but please offer petite treats all of the time.  Excellent job!

SpringTX
3/14/2011 3:30 PM

I saw these mini treats yesterday! What a great idea.  I think they are just the right size!

SpringTX
3/14/2011 3:31 PM

starshaw
3/14/2011 3:35 PM

Petites ROCK!

I am SO happy to see these available now :-)

JUST the right size for a not-too-bad indulgent treat that doesn't break the diet "bank" for the day. Rocky Road pops are YUM! Would like to see more of the traditional items in smaller format too.

The price is a bit too high tho' . . . give us a bit of a break please!

sbx_evan
3/14/2011 3:57 PM

So glad everyone is enjoying new Starbucks Petites!  Flukes – we are happy to share these are not a limited time offering and Starbucks Petites will be part of our core line up as long as everyone continues to need a sweet treat.

NKK
3/14/2011 10:56 PM

Would love to see (and taste) a gluten free petite!

carollk
3/15/2011 7:10 AM

I was told the breakfast pairings were a permanent offering too, a week before they were eliminated. :(

Peetsrules
3/15/2011 11:01 PM

What r u thinking? Dumbest idea try coming out with new healthier food and better drinks?

nowayanthony
3/17/2011 9:34 AM

Gross gross gross!!!! They're terrible!!!

Waaaaaaaaaay too much sugar. Plus they're too expensive.

Just another Starbucks food item I'll never buy.

Anonymous
3/18/2011 8:03 PM

I really like them . ..  . I would like to purchase a DOZEN at a time. The Starbucks petites are healthy and good, i ate a dozen for lunch, with no repercussions, all good. A little adjustment on the pricing, and "Wham", "crank'em out baby". Same with VIA a little adjustment on price. "wham" or "BAM" and "Slam" "Dunk".

COFFEEISLIFE
3/21/2011 11:04 AM

Good stuff, I like the quality very much, Thanks Starbucks - Very Good Stuff

tda4585
3/27/2011 12:15 PM

The Tiramisu cake pop is the best!

3/28/2011 12:31 PM

It is hard to pick a favorite.  I do like the Tiramisu Cake Pop made with Starbucks VIA.  I remember seeing an idea on MSI about VIA flavored muffins or cupcake - does this count?

mk95
3/28/2011 3:33 PM

I wanted to like these, but 200 calories for barely two bites is on the high side calorie wise.  I know these are not intended to be low-cal, but many of Starbucks baked goods are triple the size, yet not triple the calories.  Will not be buying any more of them.

Kleinscs28
3/30/2011 12:02 PM

These are my absolute favorite things at Starbucks right now!!  I don't even really care for cake, but the birthday cake pop taste like a frosted, doughy sugar cookie.  Just one is enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, leaving me without all the guilt of giving in.  I give 2 thumbs up! Yum!

lizaard
4/2/2011 10:16 PM

Sorry to say but I will not try these any time soon.  I am extremely conscience of the food I eat and the calories I consume.  200 calories for two bites of a lovely looking cake on a stick are 200 calories that I can add to a snack and be FULL.  I am disappointed that Starbucks food line is limited on "low calorie" options (not just low-fat because that doesn't always help either).  Are there plans to offer a low-sugar/low-cal option of the petites or anything similiar to that?

justkeke
4/8/2011 12:04 PM

I agree - 200 cals for a "bite" and $1.50 for a "bite" is ridiculous.  They are only $0.45 cheaper than a full-size items.  I'd rather buy the full size and only eat 1/2 and save the other 1/2 or share it.  The thought was good, but they are WAY overpriced.  I thought a cake pop would be a cute treat for my 2 year old...I ended up getting him a petit scone for $0.85 instead...that's what they should be priced at.

Gluten free?  at least a couple options would be nice and I will never spend almost $4.00 on one of those artisan breakfast sandwiches.  When the promo was $2.00 if you bought coffee, it was doable, but they are way too small and really - what bacon?

I love Starbucks and go there OFTEN w/ my gold card, but the food is WAY overpriced and I rarely buy it.

binamiller
4/8/2011 11:48 PM

Justkeke I completely agree with you about the food pricing. The petite snacks are way over-priced.

binamiller
4/8/2011 11:48 PM

bugaloo79
4/28/2011 7:13 AM

I absolutley LOVE the salted caramel. DELICIOUS!!!! thank you for this wonderful treat~

bugaloo79
4/28/2011 7:14 AM

bugaloo79
4/28/2011 7:14 AM

Happy24
5/26/2011 10:32 PM

They to me taste like poison !

3shotice
8/9/2011 10:15 AM

I sent in this idea to Starbucks on this web site well over a year ago...was surprised to see them in the store. Of course I am so sure I was not the only one with this idea!

autumnt
8/9/2011 8:22 PM

Yuck! They all sound sickenly sweet. Can't you come up with something plain and simple and not oversized? It's not calories that I care about, though I know many people do - its too much to eat and too sweet!!!

autumnt
8/9/2011 8:22 PM

Yuck! They all sound sickeningly sweet. Can't you come up with something plain and simple and not oversized? It's not calories that I care about, though I know many people do - its too much to eat and too sweet!!!

Customer
12/30/2011 12:55 PM

Happy New Year! 2011 was a record year for MyStarbucksIdea.com. We launched 70 ideas from both partners

johnneumann
1/25/2012 1:18 PM

looking for a great cup of coffee at a cheap price. Could you lower your prices. Wawa recently had any size coffee for 1 dollar - & McDonalds had coffee for 89 cents thats hard to beat. it would be great if

Starbucks could do a promotion like that

jlrplus5
1/4/2013 7:52 PM

The salted caramel squares were our favorite.  Really dislike the pretties that replaced these.  Dry, tasteless, YUCK!  Will you be bringing the salted caramel squares or something similar back?