New Customizable Cold Cups

Hi My Starbucks Idea members! Liz here from the StarbucksStore.com team.

I wanted to let you all know that there’s a new version of your favorite Starbucks tumbler that just came out on StarbucksStore.com. With the new Starbucks Cold Cup, you can twist and remove the outer cup and mark your name and favorite drink on the inside layer (use a dry erase pen), reassemble and enjoy! It’s the perfect customizable gift for a friend.

There are two sizes, same as with the original. One is a Grande (16 oz.) and the other is a bit larger than before.  The Venti size is now 24 oz. We’ve also got Cold Cup Straws and Dome Lids available. Thanks for sharing the ideas.

Enjoy these cool new items!  There available today at StarbucksStore.com and you'll find them in stores next week.

Liz

Make your iced venti tumblers 24 oz.
posted by Jadora1

Dome lid for Venti clear insulated tumbler
posted by MsElayne

Straws, please
posted by VentiIcedCoffe

DadCooks
4/28/2011 10:24 AM

This should make a lot of people happy; my daughter being one of them, she has been wanting a 24oz forever. Thanks.

TheKwan
4/28/2011 11:38 AM

Ingenious!  I ordered some online.

I do wish there would have been a 40th Anniversary version.

Thank you.

4/28/2011 11:55 AM

They have the new logo.

TheKwan
4/28/2011 2:18 PM

Hi Cecile,

Thank you.  I should've been more specific - wish they had "40th Anniversary" verbiage, and not just the new logo.  Still happy to get them, though.

MissLux
4/29/2011 11:28 AM

Any chance that there will be straws available in the stores instead of just online??

christamcd
4/29/2011 12:38 PM

Where is the 12oz Tall tumber?

Cofenrvs
5/5/2011 6:19 AM

Very dissappointed that the cups are not dishwasher safe as the ones from last year were! Was going to buy an extra set for my family (3) & several for gifts...now I WON'T buy ANY & will buy any new ones at Bed Bath  Beyond...they aren't as good as Starbucks version but,they go in the dishwasher!

PS:When I mentioned they weren't dishwasher safe,another customer put the one he was going to buy back! :(

christianneb
5/5/2011 8:27 AM

Is it really that hard to wash them by hand?

Jack3650
5/11/2011 5:59 PM

How about posting a template for people to customize and drop into the tumbler's inside? Or have a contest for the best designed tumbler insert? Encourage creativity!

ChillyTwist007
6/10/2011 9:07 AM

Put the cups over the top, combine with Chilly Twist Cups.

Lonesome Crow
6/14/2011 10:10 PM

Is there a plan to offer a Trenta sized reusable cup?  I only order the trenta iced coffee and I would like to use a more responsible cup.

Starbucks Blogs
6/17/2011 3:03 PM

150 Ideas Launched

EspressoChick
7/9/2011 4:07 PM

I agree with Jack3650 - putting a downloadable PDF for an insert template wouldn't be hard to do and would be a quick win for everyone!

sedna8733
8/9/2011 10:36 AM

I purchased one of these in the large size (I already have a grande and venti cold cup - the older / original version). I promptly returned this when 1. I realized it could not go in the dishwasher 2. material and feel seems flimsy compared to the old cups 3. I used a dry erase pen and it did not just wipe clean. I actually had to scrub off the writing which scratched up the cup. Overall I think this was a neat ideal that did not come through conceptually. I much prefer the old cups. Please bring back the old cold cups!!!

antie
8/9/2011 11:44 AM

My straws are to short when I use my dome lid for my whipped cream...HELP!  Make longer straws and one for the Trenta size now!!

ebean
8/15/2011 2:16 PM

i have to admit, i do put mine in the dishwasher i just make sure i am not putting it in as one piece but as the two sep parts. i have had zero problems.

goat
5/24/2013 4:47 PM

Please, please bring these back! These were the best ever...my coworkers and I all had them, and they were great to customize whose was whose. I can get one for seventy dollars on Amazon, but please bring them back!!

xominnnxo
10/18/2013 2:08 PM

BRING THEM BACKKK!!!!!! BRING THEM BACK!!!!! THE GRANDE CUPS ESPECIALLYYYY!!!!!