Starbucks Mobile Payment for Android™ is finally here!

You've asked and we've listened – the official Starbucks for Android app is finally here! Starbucks mobile apps are the fastest way to pay, so join the mobile payment revolution now with your Android phone.

You can
-       check your balance
-       look up your My Starbucks Rewards Stars
-       reload on the fly with any major credit card
-       find the nearest Starbucks location and
-       pay for your Starbucks beverage with your Android mobile device!

A bunch of guys on my swim team have been asking me “What’s taking you guys so long to get an official mobile payment app for Android?” The answer is that we created this app using Android best practices so that it’s easy to use.

Enjoy!

Download it here.

Starbucks Application for Android
posted by JetShadez66

I luv Seattle
6/15/2011 9:08 AM

Love, Love, Love!!!!

COFFEEISLIFE
6/15/2011 9:14 AM

Hallelujah !

RaeWhitlock
6/15/2011 11:35 AM

Glad to see that this has finally happened. Still inferior to the "My Coffee Card" app (move to SD, smaller footprint, widget, etc) that's been going strong for months, but an official effort is nice to have.

I'll still w/ MCC for now. Keep working at it.

starnk
6/19/2011 10:00 PM

Well, you are finally offering an Android App., but have heard it is terrible.  Have heard it uses way to much memory and slows down the phone.  Also heard it doesn't do nearly what tha I-Phone App. does.  Customers have also complained that it doesn't work well with Gold Card purchases and reloading.  Hey if you're going to do this, do it right rather than begrudginly with a crappy app.  Until I heat that it is greatly improved I won't download it.

sfarr101
6/22/2011 9:13 AM

AWESOME!!!!!

starnk
6/22/2011 2:18 PM

a Reply to comments from my 6/19 post.  When I read numerous reviews of restaurants or hotels that state things such as dirty rooms, poor service, food was cold, etc... I don't go to those places.  I read things like locks up phone, drains my battery way too fast from many users - updated reviews say the same things.  Again - don't want to "go" there if all I can most likely expect is frustration.  Really not that hard to keep using my gold card.

6/23/2011 9:29 AM

@starnk - The people I know with Android phones love the app.  You should give it a try.

starnk
6/27/2011 10:22 AM

O.K., she replied sheepishly, I tried it and I love my new Starbucks Android App.  :)

Starnk - Grande Soy Latte, 1 raw sugar, no foam - 140 degrees.

6/27/2011 1:51 PM

@starnk - Thanks for reporting back.

aslsharon
6/30/2011 12:31 PM

does not work on my EVO 4 g- gives me a message athat an error was detected and to try later.  A third party app works but not this one!

dghughes
7/2/2011 7:42 AM

Only for USA :( any target date for having it in Canada?

rechason2
7/5/2011 5:40 AM

It worked fine when I first installed it but now that it has updated it does not work on my EVO 4G. Keep giving me a message  "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again or come back later.".

Chuck Davidson
7/11/2011 1:18 PM

Thank you for your feedback. We understand there are performance issues with our application running on phones (specifically the HTC Evo) that have received the new Gingerbread 2.3.3 operating system update. We are investigating this issue and hope to have a resolution soon.

9876543210
8/9/2011 10:07 AM

It crashes constantly & doesn't stay connected to my account. T-Mobile MyTough 4G.

After upgrade to gingerbread, it won't run at all! The android market is exploding & there are more phone running android than iphones.

Invest some R&D!

cazer
8/9/2011 10:13 AM

The app has syncing issues. When I log into the app on my Motorola Droid, it says I have $0 but when I log onto the site, it says I have a good chunk of money in my account. This is a big problem.

Please help.

fabtasticfoo
8/9/2011 12:35 PM

"Starbucks Mobile Payment for Android™ is finally here!"

...Unless you live in that big, scary place called not-the-US. I'm in Canada, and I don't even have the ability to download the app and see what works. Canadian iPhone users have access to two apps that they can use to find Starbucks locations, peruse menus and plan their drinks, check and refill their card balance, and pay from their phone.

Shall we blame this on "Android best practices", too?

Reidcr1
8/10/2011 3:40 PM

It took way too long for the app. I have the pro version of "my coffee card", which I got free from amazon apps, and it works alot better than the official version.  Starbucks should have just paid the guy to the rights then just changed the logo...lol

Anonymous
12/2/2011 4:43 PM

It would be nice to have an android app that creates a QR code that can be scanned at the register which contains your personalized coffee order details such as milk, syrups, sweetener, size, etc.  Several coffee orders should be able to be stored on your phone so you don't have to tell the barista your order and have to worry about them getting it correct.  Customers need to be able to personalize the name of each QR code such as Santa's chocolate mocha, Santa's carmel frappuccino or Rudolph's vanilla latte so you order your personalized drink of choice for the day and some for your friends and get it right every time!  Then the register should be able to print out a sticker with "Santa's carmel frappuccino" and the details of the drink. This would be attached to the cup.  Easy for distributing drinks when you get back to the office with drinks for everyone.

talk2tlb
12/13/2011 9:16 PM

What is the point in having an app for the phone if one must walk inside to use it? It's meant to speed up the payment process, what better place to do that than in the drive-thru lines that literally wrap around the outside of our Starbucks location at all hours of the night and day? Some Barrista's say they can't scan with the scanner and some say they can, which makes me question the policy verses fear they won't be tipped. I read off the numbers from my app 4 times the other day before the Barrista finally said forget it, I'll just comp it, great for me, not so much for SB, not to mention the fact that I was so annoyed by the time I left the window that the free drink wasn't enough to compensate the aggravating situation. If I had time to go inside and use my phone app, I wouldn't need to speed up the payment process in the first place. This is all backwards, and yet the answer is so simple. Only once (the first week launched) has a Barrista ever taken my phone into the store to scan it, however 40% of the time the Barrista will put the scanner to the window so that I can then scan, while the other 60% of the time the Barristas claim that they aren't allowed to do so. Really, aren't allowed, or don't want to? I understand the liability in handing a phone over to be scanned, where's the liability in the Barrista holding the scanner up so that the consumer can scan their own phone app? This is a really stupid and inconsistent policy that needs some attention in a big way! I mostly love the app itself though and the idea of having one. It can be slow to update the balance, even with me telling the app to do so, but otherwise I have had no real issues with it.

Netcinc
1/10/2012 11:19 PM

Please bring this app Canada this cannot be too hard to do as it is just downloaded through google apps anyways.

As a loyal starbucks customer for over 20 years this is frustrating I can understand that you may want\have to create a french version before releasing it to canada just let us know what is going on so that there is less frustration.

MyDoRyS
6/22/2012 6:05 PM

I have installed and uninstalled the app on my HTC Sense 4 times today and every time I will log into the account  keeps giving me   "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again or come back later." Has someone found out why this keeps happening and how to fix it? Thanks!