Newest Veggie Bistro Box

You know when you are sitting on an airplane making small talk with your seatmate trying to fill the next two hours – well as soon as I tell them I work on food at Starbucks they always have plenty to say.  Airplane seatmates and directly from you on My Starbucks Idea I hear a lot about offering more delicious and veggie filled lunch choices.   With our latest launch, Bistro Boxes, you can finally have delicious and wholesome lunch simply prepared in a convenient to-go box -- and even better, Sesame Noodles has a serious amount of crunchy veggies and is our first with tofu.

This tasty option features a sesame noodle salad tossed with broccoli, carrots, red peppers and sugar snap peas in a creamy peanut dressing and a side of cucumber carrot salad, crunchy sesame peanuts and spiced lime tofu.  Besides being totally tasty and only 350 calories you can get 100% of daily Vitamin C and 70% of Vitamin A!

If you are looking for some variety you can also try these lunch or snacks:

Roasted Vegetable Hot Paninifeaturing roasted zucchini, eggplant, and red peppers with baby spinach and melted provolone cheese on perfectly toasted focaccia bread.
Tuna Salad Bistro Boxfor those veggie lovers who also enjoy fish we mix albacore tuna with relish, carrots and celery to pair perfectly with multigrain crackers and Cheddar cheese with fresh green beans and grape tomatoes on the side.

I hope you’ll give them a try and let us know which is your favorite!

More Vegetarian Food Choices
posted by mascott

DadCooks
7/22/2011 3:15 PM

Great, another Bistro Box that we will not be getting in our "remote" area.

Please stop these world-wide announcements that are very limited in actual distribution. Particularly since Starbucks has no plans to create the infrastructure necessary for distribution to all stores.

Ferrari12
7/22/2011 9:28 PM

Starbucks should really partner up with airlines and have these wonderful Bistro Boxes onboard!  I'd be willing to pay extra to have this!

Peldyn
8/1/2011 12:42 PM

They have these in my "area" now and I am impressed at the quality. I agree that you need to increase the area that you distribute them in so every one can enjoy them :)

Kale and Beans
8/1/2011 6:55 PM

A Bristo is long over due.  Great food with a great coffee.

NeedmyfixinDC
8/2/2011 4:10 AM

Bistro Boxes are not great for anyone with a wheat or gluten allergy or intolerance. Why doesn't Starbucks care about the growing food allergen issue for its customers?

xtremeteam
8/3/2011 11:11 AM

I agree its a good idea, or can do everything organic.

flukes9
8/6/2011 9:34 PM

I love the protein bistro box!  It's good as a breakfast OR lunch.  I was nervous when the protein plate left and bistro boxes replaced it, but happy that it's still the same, but in a new package.

erstfeld
8/9/2011 10:18 AM

As a vegan, I was so excited to try the Sesame Noodle bistro box and found it tasty.  A week later, when I went to purchase my second one at my neighborhood Starbucks, I was told the manager "decided not to order it any longer".  What?  Geez, one week of sales and manager determines it won't sell?  How about some advertising at the local level?  VERY disappointed!

knitchick
8/9/2011 10:20 AM

I am thrilled with the vegan bistro box option! Thank you for listening!!!

PennChic6
8/9/2011 1:52 PM

Love that there's a vegan meal option! Thanks! The chocolate is quite decent also, and I'm pretty picky. Would love to see more vegan options now!

aja
8/9/2011 1:59 PM

This is great news! I hope it's still around when I take my trip in October - no more 'plane food'!

DebsSweet
8/9/2011 7:34 PM

I can't believe how exciting it was to hear about the HEALTHY bistro boxes!  But does my Starbucks in the 4th largest city in NC offer these?  Nope.  *sigh*  I am crushed.

pjrobinson
8/10/2011 7:52 AM

Thanks! This was a delicious option on a rushed day. Lots of veggies!

Pntpi
8/10/2011 1:08 PM

I tried the tuna salad one.  very tasty! nice portion control, fresh.  Maybe bring back the chinese chicken salad it was a great lunch in a hurry and you included those nice bits of toasted almonds.  also on the downside i have had the egg salad sandwiches and the hummus snacks.  the egg was old and the lettuce limp,  and hummus one had tired dried veggies, the sell by date was in the time prescribed, however the veggies were clearly old, tired, and limp.  perhaps a quality control check and not just checking the date.  It's hard when a customer is dashing in for quick lunch only to bring it back to the office and find it inedible and one's lunch time ended.  Aloha!

runner18
8/11/2011 12:15 PM

Will these ever be sold in other areas (like here in Charlotte, NC)? Its really disappointing to be left out from such popular offerings like the bistro boxes and refreshers! Thanks!

COFFEEISLIFE
9/3/2011 5:52 PM

mmmmmmm mmmmmm good

jaderice
1/25/2012 12:31 PM

Bistro boxes look GREAT! why are they not in Wisconsin???

Please put them in some stores here.

Thanks.

jaderice
1/25/2012 12:31 PM

Bistro boxes look GREAT! why are they not in Wisconsin???

Please put them in some stores here.

Thanks.

jaderice
1/25/2012 12:31 PM

Bistro boxes look GREAT! why are they not in Wisconsin???

Please put them in some stores here.

Thanks.

jaderice
1/25/2012 12:31 PM

Bistro boxes look GREAT! why are they not in Wisconsin???

Please put them in some stores here.

Thanks.

Sepia
1/25/2012 12:34 PM

Not enough food in these things to feed a hamster.

maryzain
1/25/2012 12:55 PM

I love this new option! Being vegan it's often difficult to find something quick and simple on the road that isnt just a piece of fruit! Kudos to you guys! And despite what someone else said, it IS enough food. Keep it coming please!

javafix2
1/25/2012 2:13 PM

Still no Bistro meals in Spokane!  Why is the east side regarded as second class.

javafix2
1/25/2012 2:13 PM

javafix2
1/25/2012 2:13 PM

hair4care
1/25/2012 3:48 PM

would love this at the airport in Kansas City!!!!  Keep em coming!

sarosea1
1/25/2012 4:04 PM

will these bistro boxes be available in airport star bucks and will they be taken through screening and onto airplanes?

gnrramones
1/26/2012 8:51 AM

so one isn't vegan and the other isn't even vegetarian =/

Customer
3/30/2012 4:10 PM

We’ve crossed another milestone. Thanks to all the ideas, votes and comments from the My Starbucks

aplastic
7/4/2012 5:27 PM

Not sure why the vegetarian food link comes here.  Fish is not a vegetable.

This was posted almost a year ago and I have yet to see vegetarian food in sbux.  And I go to many of them in several cities throughout my work week.

TrevorHuynh
1/31/2014 3:51 AM

Good article. Truly it’s a nice tasty option that comprises of various nutritional sources without compromising with taste.  I like the way you made sesame noodle salad tossed with so many nutritious vegetables. Experts like you and <a href="boriswolfman.co.il/.../a> are really providing wealth of suggestions that can help people to get started toward a healthy diet.