Starbucks Goes to Disneyland!

It’s taken a few years, but your wishes for Starbucks stores in Disney park locations have been granted. It all starts this summer when Disney will open the first of six new Starbucks stores in Disney Theme Parks– starting with Disney California Adventure in Anaheim, California.

It’s no coincidence that the store lies on Buena Vista Street. Buena Vista means “good view,” and the entire thoroughfare is a masterful recreation of a romantic Los Angeles circa 1920s and 30s.  With its Spanish and Mexican architectural influence, it’s not hard to see why a young Walt was inspired by this idyllic setting.  In fact, the entire street echoes some of Walt’s favorite haunts – in particular, the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Café.

Lovingly called the FF&P, the café has its own history. Three sisters, Dolly, Dottie and Nancy Bounds, opened the FF&P after leaving the vaudeville circuit.  The café is a celebration of their journey through the entertainment world.  Now it embarks on a new adventure  as the location for the first Starbucks store inside a Disney Theme Park.

With real-life fairytale inspiration such as this, it’s been an honor to participate in this project.  Everything – from the exterior architecture to the era-specific details of the interior – will transport you to a golden time and place in California’s history.  Even the baristas will don period inspired attire.

For sure, this will be a union worth experiencing. In fact, we suspect that marrying our passion for great food and drink with the enchanting theatrics of Disney can only lead to pure magic. Sometimes, it seems, wishing upon a star pays off.

Happy dreaming,

Arthur

Sell Starbucks at All Disney Parks
posted by beverlyratto

bDanger
4/23/2012 9:52 AM

Wishes DO come true! Thrilled that I'll be able to get great coffee in The Happiest Place on Earth without having to take my own VIA with me.

maeven
4/23/2012 10:22 AM

Thanks Starbucks and Disney!

christamcd
4/23/2012 12:41 PM

Lookng forward to it!

roblescaille
4/23/2012 2:09 PM

Woohoo! When can we expect to see it open up? My annual pass expires in July!

Shelvis
4/23/2012 2:12 PM

Yeah!  All the Starbucks around the park are not easy to get in & out of and there aren't any drive-thrus close to the park.

mplaborde
4/23/2012 2:12 PM

How long before we see it at Disneyworld Orlando ??? Headed there in the Fall !!!

Tobeapartner
4/23/2012 2:33 PM

Licensed or CO?

10thredemption
4/23/2012 2:37 PM

I love Starbucks. I love Disney. But come on now...Disney is overpriced. Starbucks has been considered overpriced by some. I can't imagine the price hike Starbucks will get being in a Disney theme park.

pammyj702
4/23/2012 3:06 PM

This is very exciting!  It would be great of you also had "Disney" destination mugs.  With 6 locations, the market should be big enough

calrvp
4/23/2012 4:10 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I have been requesting, asking, begging and pleading for this to happen! I don't care how much the mark up is, ITS WORTH IT! Now lets get them into Downtown Disney near the Disneyland Hotel, i know of the PERFECT spot!

christamcd
4/23/2012 8:40 PM

June 15th is when it will open, along with Buena Vista Street & Carsland. It is to be located in the the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Café on the new Buena Vista Street.

Melody
4/24/2012 8:28 AM

I can't wait.  This is so exciting!  I love Disneyland too. :)

chicagosbrocks
4/24/2012 2:43 PM

I have been to Disney World 10 x in the past 14 years. I was displeased to find the closest Starbucks to Disney World, was quite a distance away. I don't care that they aren't even flaunting the Starbucks name at these locations. I only wish they would have done something sooner.

Some may make the argument that this move may cheapen Starbucks image. There is nothing cheap about Disney. Every time I have gone, I have stayed on Disney property. Disney is about quality. For the money you spend to stay at Disney, it only makes sense to serve a quality coffee. Some may also believe that Disney is not really about adults, but adults are the reason their children get the opportunity to even experience it. Parents also deserve that little special caffeine, to make it through their long days at the parks. Anybody who thinks Disney isn't for adults, hasn't been there lately. You have 2 quality companies that have come together. I hope this turns into a happy marriage for Starbucks as well as Disney.

Momiji
7/26/2012 8:09 AM

When I was a CM, guests would ask for SBUX coffee EVERYDAY!!! I am torn on it, though. Next time I go to DL, I will check it out.

What would Walt do? That is what I am always thinking when I hear things about Disney.

Momiji
7/26/2012 8:13 AM

Momiji
7/26/2012 8:19 AM

Whoa! Comment posted twice.