Bringing Starbucks Refreshers to the Nation

Some of you may remember handcrafted Starbucks Refreshers™ beverages from last summer when we offered them in Arizona and California. We loved these drinks as much as you did, and now they are here to stay.  You'll soon find them in U.S. stores and many stores outside the U.S. too.

We’re super excited because, well, let’s face it – even those of us who work in the coffee business sometimes need a little pick-me-up from something other than our go-to double Tall latte. Handcrafted Starbucks Refreshers™ beverages are a mix of juice and real fruit, plus a little natural caffeine from Green Coffee Extract. In other words, it’s coffee that  tastes nothing like coffee, and my new favorite way to refresh and recharge in the hours between lunch and happy hour. My co-worker has even traded her sacred 2 p.m. diet soda for a Very Berry Hibiscus Starbucks Refreshers™ beverage!

So the next time your day calls for a little extra energy, try a Very Berry Hibiscus with whole blackberries or a Cool Lime with a fresh lime slice.

But we didn’t stop there. We’ve also packed the re-energizing goodness of Green Coffee Extract into new Starbucks VIA Refreshers™ instant beverages. Available in U.S. Starbucks stores, these come in the same delicious flavors as the handcrafted versions. Think of it as the secret weapon stashed in your purse or desk drawer for those moments when you need an instant boost.

And look for the carbonated Starbucks Refreshers™ in U.S. grocery stores or your local store (make sure to try all three flavors!  Strawberry Lemonade is my personal favorite.)

After you’ve given them a try, tell us what think!

Bring Starbucks Refreshers to the Nation!
posted by DBenKendorf

LadyKathryn
7/10/2012 3:29 PM

This is pretty cool.  I'd been wanting to try these.  Any idea when they'll be turning up?  I'm in Illinois.

Ferrari14
7/10/2012 4:59 PM

Thank you, Starbucks!  I had my mom try one of these for me when she was on a layover in Phoenix...I can hardly wait to try them for myself!  :)  The VIA packets sound like a fantastic idea as well, they will definitely come in handy on my road trip later this summer.

Hope to see them later this month?! :)

Veejay
7/11/2012 3:56 PM

Just had a Cool Lime Refreasher and am going to take the extra energy to the gym in a few minutes!  I love the pick me up it gives me in the afternoon!

MyrtleJ
7/11/2012 4:44 PM

Tried my first can of SBucks Refresher. The pomegrantite flavored one was awesome. I was really surprised that it kept me going better than my handcrafted doubleshot drink (which I love) and I found it to be a real thirst quencher. I will try the other flavors, but I bet this is my fave.

vortexbanding
7/18/2012 8:10 PM

How about sugar-free Refreshers for those of us who cannot tolerate sugar in our diets?  Please?

LadyKathryn
7/19/2012 3:44 PM

So far, I've tried the canned strawberry lemonade flavor and the berry hibiscus Via.  The canned version was a little meh, but the Via was actually pretty good.  It's light and fruity, though I wish it had more caffeine!  It's a nice drink for a really hot day.  Anyone tried the lime Via, yet?  Is it really sour?  I may have to try that one, next.  (And, of course, the regular barista-made Refreshers!)

7/23/2012 3:14 PM

Thank you for your comments.  @LadyKathryn, I like the lime refresher, not too sour, but not too sweet.

LadyKathryn
7/23/2012 3:45 PM

Thanks, sbx_bean.  I'll have to try it, then.  =)

Shelley1966
7/24/2012 8:52 PM

@vortexbanding...ditto!

Momiji
7/26/2012 7:50 AM

I tried both and I prefer the Very Berry Hibiscus.

Brian Smith
7/27/2012 9:22 AM

New flavors?  Sugar-free?  Different textures?  We're already thinking about what could be great additions to the Refreshers line, and your opinions will help us get it right. Thanks for telling us that zero-cal is something in which you'd be interested.

nomyrsee
8/4/2012 1:54 AM

I posted in the idea section; I think I have a solid option/idea for the Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher. Add a few sprigs of mint to the drink. I think this will add a nice touch (visually), as well as an interesting flavor. When I first tasted the Very Berry, I thought it was missing "something".  I think adding the fresh mint would keep the theme of the "Refresher" as well as improve the overall experience of the drink.

Minney
8/5/2012 9:52 AM

I love the refreshers, but would really like to see a sugar-free option!

StuffedFulI
8/20/2012 4:57 PM

Brian Smith wrote - "Handcrafted Starbucks Refreshers™ beverages are a mix of juice and real fruit, plus a little natural caffeine from Green Coffee Extract."

Would someone out there in the world of Starbucks please explain, that while the powdered REFRESHERS (SKU 11020231) ingredients, and canned product (SJB12-20411), clearly show "GREEN COFFEE BEAN EXTRACT", as one of the ingredients', this same "GREEN COFFEE BEAN EXTRACT" is NO WHERE to be found in the liquid product base being shipped to Starbucks stores.  Having seen BOTH the Canadian (SKU 11015692), and US versions of this product; ALL boxes are labeled a containing "NATURAL GREEN COFFEE FLAVOR/FLAVOUR"- NOT "EXTRACT"!  Clearly as indicated by the ingredient labels, these are not the same ingredients, while following the respective labeling laws, a "FLAVOR"  IS NOT an "EXTRACT".

Does anyone have an answer to this question of the 'missing' "EXTRACT" in the handcrafted beverage?

Removing this question won't make it go away.  There is an absolute disconnect betweem what is being written here, and the ingredient labels on the actual product.  Why is stating the reason such a problem?

Sleighbelle
8/27/2012 9:56 AM

I love the lime ones...VIA and handcrafted.  The VIA have not been in stores in N TX since about the 1st week of launch.  Obviously, SB underestimated the appeal of these drinks.  And my closest store has been out of the ingredients for the handcrafted lime for about 3 weeks.  I'd love to see these be around all year.

AMoyen
8/30/2012 11:22 AM

I love the VIA Refreshers for when I can't get to a SB.  I have Fibromyalgia and Cancer and these drinks give me a natural energy boost and get me through my day.  My local SB's no longer carry the VIA's in RI. I was wondering if we will be getting them back?

sadist
8/31/2012 11:02 AM

what is the calorie content of the refreshers from drive threw shops

Chai maven
1/5/2013 5:58 AM

I was in the Phoenix area in November, 2012 and they had a new juice there that was the best I have every tasted. The barista said it was from a California company. I think I got the coconut pineapple. My local Starbucks in Illinois has not heard of it. PLEASE have this available to us all this summer. It would be my daily purchase.