Beat the Heat with Treat Receipt

Whew!  It has been a hot summer for many of you.  To help cool you down the Starbucks® Treat Receipt is returning for the month of August (August 1 - September 3, 2012).  Many of you remember how it works – save your morning receipt and come back the same day to a participating Starbucks after 2 pm and get any handcrafted cold grande (16 fl. oz.) beverage for $2.00 (plus tax where applicable).

How do you like your iced beverage at Starbucks?  Shaken, stirred, or blended?  It’s your call.  Try a new one each day.  Some shaken choices – Starbucks Refreshers™ beverages in Cool Lime or Very Berry Hibiscus or how about a shaken Iced Tea Lemonade?  Choose your tea: black, Passion®, or green tea.  Do you like it sweetened?  Mix it up with a new syrup like raspberry or play it safe with classic syrup.

Iced Espresso Beverages are nice too.  You may like a Caffè Mocha in the morning, but after 2 pm an Iced Mocha is nice.  Hot espresso mixes with bittersweet mocha sauce combined with your choice of milk then chilled with ice.  Add a straw and enjoy an afternoon break in the shade.

All Frappuccino® blended beverages are part of the Treat Receipt offer too.  This summer try the Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino® or the Mocha Coconut Frappuccino® blended beverages.  I recommend the Java Chip Frappuccino® blended beverage with a shot of espresso.  It’s a delicious way to beat the heat with kicked-up coffee flavor.

Enjoy the remaining days of summer.  And most of all stay cool.

Bring Back Treat Receipt!
posted by murphyem14

archena
7/31/2012 2:40 PM

Thank you Starbucks!

JRizzle86
8/1/2012 5:39 AM

Bah!  I'm so used to saying no because I fear the balance on my Gold Card! haha must keep that in mind next time I'm in for my tall soy cap!

flower66
8/1/2012 6:17 AM

I love drink starbucks coffee it is the best thing ever

ars32411
8/1/2012 6:51 AM

Awesome! Double points every day for two great drink purchases!

kcd
8/2/2012 11:18 AM

Does the treat receipt work on choc/banana smoothies?

kaleighreyes
8/2/2012 12:03 PM

I purchased my 'regular' drink this morning and this afternoon went to pick up my $2 frapp with my treat receipt.  I was told that frapps were not included, and it only applied for iced coffee.

I went ahead and purchased my frapp, but would like my $2.55 back :)

8/2/2012 5:22 PM

Treat Receipt is good for any handcrafted grande (16 fl. oz) cold beverage.  This includes Chocolate Banana Smoothies and Frappuccinos.

@kaleighreyes - please share this feedback with the store manager.

cmhdream71
8/2/2012 7:30 PM

As far as I can tell you only get a star for a visit each day or am I confused?  I have went 2x in a day, but only got one star towards my gold status.  @kaleigheyes I would be going and discussing that with the Manager for sure and show them this page...take a pic of it with your cell or something.   :)

Pickle59
8/2/2012 7:50 PM

Thank you Thank You !!!

small7705
8/3/2012 11:56 AM

I had no idea about the frap and didn't see a facebook comment about it either but my local starbucks told me the day it started and I am badly hooked to go in and have my $2 frap it just make the afternoon so much better with caramel :)

evye
8/3/2012 2:14 PM

i din't get a  receipt this mornig after my  purchased: /

Betterbefore
8/3/2012 4:13 PM

Am very glad this is back and have taken advantage of it everyday, and will likely continue on a daily basis.   I have (this yr and other yrs) found that I often need to remember to ASK for my receipt, or I wouldn't have one to use after 2P.  I think it could be a little better advertised/promoted in the stores.   I think (especially in this 'treat receipt' time), the partners need to always ask if you want you receipt..and mention the promo.

cbeikjmcjj
8/3/2012 4:35 PM

I am at starbucks right now the the service was great and so was my hot cocoa. I'm impressed, because i haven't been here in about two months and it's better than ever:)

TBC70
8/3/2012 5:22 PM

Thanks Starbucks for all the great coffee!

KatherineBB
8/3/2012 8:31 PM

I am confused are the Starbucks located inside the target stores not participating?? I had a treat receipt and they would not accept I was told :(

Addicted2Frapp
8/4/2012 10:49 AM

Since getting my Gold Card, I never ask for a receipt anymore (thinking I'm saving trees)... I guess I'll have to start collecting receipts - too bad the technology isn't up to the task to recognize great customers that have been in that morning.  I know, it's a good deal and we should just be happy the offer is out there... but, it would be a boon to gold card holders -maybe something to think about for future offers.  Thanks.

BeanWrangler
8/5/2012 10:12 AM

Does the afternoon treat receipt beverage purchase ($2.00 + any tax) earn a star if a Starbucks Card is used to pay for the purchase?

BeanWrangler
8/5/2012 11:14 AM

As FYI, I "stumbled" across info today on the web that the treat receipt promo was back.  I am signed up for Starbucks promo email ("Yes, please sign me up for Starbucks email newsletters and promotions.") -- this would have been, IMNHO, a good time to have sent your (loyal) customers an email to let them know.  I am in Starbucks *every* morning -- no mention of "treat receipt" for these past five days (Aug 1-5).  Jus say'n ;)

MrMohrmann
8/5/2012 2:13 PM

Do custom drinks or menu drinks with additional espresso shots qualify for the treat receipt offer?

BeanWrangler
8/6/2012 6:40 AM

As follow-up to email comment (Aug  5), this morning (Aug 6, 2012, 8:33 AM EDT) I received a (snazzy) promo email from Starbucks letting me know that the Treat Receipt is Back ;)

8/6/2012 2:22 PM

@cmhdream71 - You get a star for each visit, so yes, when you return in the afternoon you get a star for that visit.

8/6/2012 2:24 PM

@KatherineBB - Some licensed store locations are participating.  They are handing out a treat receipt in the morning and you can redeem it at a company-operated store.

8/6/2012 2:25 PM

@BeanWrangler - Thanks for the follow-up and I'm glad you received the snazzy email.

8/6/2012 2:58 PM

@MrMohrmann - Yes, customizations are included in the $2 price (+ tax).  Add a shot, add a syrup - they're included.

smithj370
8/7/2012 9:33 AM

I got a treat receipt when I stopped for coffee on the way to work this morning - do I have to return to the same store to use it this evening?  Or can I go to the store closer to my home?

8/7/2012 11:46 AM

You can go to a different Starbucks company-operated store to use your treat receipt.

rezeeg
8/7/2012 4:11 PM

I bought a drink today, then went into Target to redeem my Treat Receipt.  At first the clerk said they are doing the promotion, then another employee told him , "only if they bought their initial drink here and it has our stamp, we won't honor anything else"  The first clerk looked at my receipt, then at their stamp - he rolled his eyes and said, "they say the same exact thing".....but they would not honor it.  Why the differing promotions and why two different stamps???

Baroness67
8/8/2012 6:01 AM

I sadly did not think to ask for a receipt and wasn't offered one, at a company store. I use my app, always. :(

8/8/2012 2:06 PM

Some of the licensed stores are handing out treat receipts, but not redeeming them.  You can take your Target Starbucks receipt to a company-operated store and redeem it though.

Laurimal
8/9/2012 9:54 AM

Hi there.  So, I stupidly threw out my receipt this morning.  If I print my Starbucks Gold Card statement which indicates I made a purchase this morning, will that suffice? Thanks!

darrenc
8/9/2012 4:20 PM

How do you know what stores are "company-operated"?  There is no such option on the store locator, and surely I don't have to contact every store I may visit (I live in a large metro area, and don't have a set daily travel route) just to ask them?

8/10/2012 11:16 AM

Licensed stores are usually in other businesses like Target, Safeway, and hotels.  If it is a stand alone Starbucks store it is a company-operated store.

sugarsnoodle
8/12/2012 3:54 PM

I have been several days in the last week, and it was always mentioned to me, and honored thankfully wherever I stopped, even in Target and meijer. I want to know if my morning receipt has two drinks on it, can I get two after 2?

8/13/2012 1:30 PM

Thanks for the comment sugarsnoodle.  The treat receipt is good for one beverage @ $2.

Ruge
8/14/2012 10:15 AM

Ok, what about when using my free drink reward in the morning? Does that receipt qualify as a treat receipt?

Betterbefore
8/15/2012 6:34 AM

If one has 2 receipts from the same day (pre-2P) then they are both honored as 'treat receipts' around here...obviously when ordered and paid separately.

and....a partner suggested this to me yesterday, which I did try in the afternoon:  grande blended lime refresher with coconut syrup.  It tastes very much like Italian lemonade...which is a popular icey treat around Chicago.

hellokitty9169
8/17/2012 2:49 PM

love ur passionfruit lemonade icetea!

goingnuts
8/18/2012 12:46 PM

does the original receipt have to be from before noon or just before 2 pm?

zitodog
8/21/2012 7:18 PM

Bay area commuter here with a co pilot every morning. We wish the treat receipt would entitle us each to a $2 treat on our way back home. Now while making our morning purchase in the drive thru we will have to say separate orders so we both get a treat receipt. Pretty silly if oyu ask me. One hour each way we both need our wake up drink ;) Come one Starbucks make the change.

lateenan
8/23/2012 7:32 PM

Thank You for bringing back "Beat the Heat Receipt " !  I love this and gives me an excellent reason to order a Frap. !  Starbucks-you are the best !

cddvj
8/27/2012 4:13 PM

Just tried to redeem Treat Receipt and was refused told it finished yesterday

Betterbefore
8/28/2012 4:00 PM

@cddvj:  it's NOT over.  (read sbx_bean posts).

@goingnuts:  no, does not have to be before noon, just before 1:59PM!  Then you can use the receipt for any grande cold drink for only $2.00.

Bmay30
9/7/2012 10:32 AM

Love, love, love the treat receipts, but i wish that they would allow you to bump it up to a venti and pay the difference.  Starbucks could have made so much more money off of me.

pinkladybug
9/18/2012 4:19 PM

Thanks, but we should have Happy Hour all the time, with treat receipt! That we increase sales Starbucks too!

Customer
12/28/2012 10:37 AM

This is the time of year for reflection and celebrating the highlights of 2012. We love hearing what

Operatica
6/5/2013 6:09 AM

Can you guys please bring this back this year (2013)?

Starbucks Treat Receipt 2013 | ??????USA