More Ways to Love Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) is back, and there’s no better way to welcome fall than with that first sip.

Here on My Starbucks Idea you’ve told us how much you love this beverage – and now we’re bringing this autumn tradition to you in some new ways. For instance, many of you told us you want to be able to enjoy pumpkin spice flavors at home.  Our newest Starbucks® VIA Ready Brew innovation does just that and it is simple to prepare. Just mix a pack of Starbucks VIA® Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee with hot milk and you have a creamy, sweet, spicy pumpkin spice café beverage in the comforts of home. You decide if you want to add any whipped cream.

We’re also listening to ideas for our stores outside the United States. This year Pumpkin Spice Latte will be offered for the first time in the UK, Ireland, France, Austria and Switzerland.  If you call this home or traveling there, this October, you can order a Pumpkin Spice Latte at your neighborhood Starbucks.

Finally, we know all you pumpkin spice fans love to share your favorite fall drink with your friends, so you’ll be happy to learn that you can spread the love with a Pumpkin Spice Latte themed eGift. Just select eGifts from your Starbucks® Mobile App and you can gift a PSL to a friend in a snap.

We hope you enjoy Pumpkin Spice Latte in new ways this year.   Keep the ideas coming.

Pumpkin Spice VIA
posted by ChallengerMech

Pumpkin Spice Syrup
posted by benatude

Pumpkin Spice Latte in the UK
posted by moosepie08

archena
9/4/2012 9:28 AM

Thank you Starbucks!

mindymaygan
9/4/2012 9:54 AM

Honestly, I LOVE the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I used to look forward to it every year. I was mortified to find out that it wasn't vegan 2 years ago, and you guys have yet to change it to make it vegan-friendly still. So, with the excitement of the coming of Fall, it's a little disappointing still to know that I can't indulge in a PSL. PLEASE change the recipe and make it vegan, along with the other non-vegan syrups, so we can all enjoy these amazing holiday drinks. The other incredible life-changing drink is the Creme Brulee... and it is not vegan either! :( and there are many others I, and many other dairy-intolerant people would love to be able to consume!

Also, offering some gluten-free vegan muffins/cakes/breakfast wraps or SOMETHING other than just granola and fruit would be amazing. The Lucy's cookies are great but would love some breakfast foods. You're my favorite company around, and I just hate that there still has yet to be some changes in this area. Love you! PLEASE work on it asap.

Peaches90
9/4/2012 10:03 AM

So glad it's finally available in the UK and Ireland! After my friends in the US always talking about how amazing it is I am finally able to sample one for myself at my local Starbucks! Thanks Starbucks!

kstreetie
9/4/2012 2:05 PM

This is great, but when will we get a skinny/sugar-free version? It's also a disappointment that the Via version has added sugar, instead of leaving it to the customer to add his or her own sweetener of choice. I love the pumpkin spice latte but it would be great to be able to drink it more often, something which many of us can't do with all that sugar in it.

britelikestars
9/4/2012 2:11 PM

I was really hoping to see that you went back to the vegan version of the drink. Maybe next year?

freezerfeet
9/6/2012 11:33 AM

It used to be my favorite.  But now that my husband and I are vegans...

violettfem
9/6/2012 2:43 PM

Why haven't you made a vegan option of this yet?

Mitey1
9/6/2012 2:55 PM

My favorite is the skim Chai latte.  I love the peppery spiciness.  However, I have been asking for years for a sugar-free version.  One of the bagel chains makes a good sugar-free chai (though it's not as spicy as Starbucks), so it's definitely possible.

anyamerissa
9/6/2012 3:05 PM

ditto on the vegan syrup. seriously starbucks, you are missing the boat big time. there has to be a syrup manufacturer willing/able to produce the products sans milk.

Seamaid
9/6/2012 4:29 PM

Do the ingredients in the pumpkin spice latte contain gluten? I understand that your company is gun shy to proclaim things gluten free due to cross contamination risks, but for those of us living with conditions like celiac disease, a list of items containing or not containing gluten ingredients online or available at retail locations would be helpful. I can't believe that in this day and age customers are expected to actually call a phone number to ask when many companies simply helpfully disclose the information visibly, even in stores on print outs or signs. I can then make my own decision whether to risk ordering something without wasting my time on hold or bothering a busy barista.

luc9
9/7/2012 11:12 AM

Please make a vegan option!

Hayley
9/11/2012 6:43 PM

the VIA is already impossible to find!  I haven't tried it yet, but adore the hand crafted pumpkin spice lattes!!

nathomas
9/12/2012 10:46 AM

I wish more of the VIAs were offered in decaffeinated!

carimari11
9/13/2012 10:31 AM

I agree on the sugar-free option! I was blown away when I found out how much sugar was in the delicious pumpkin syrup! Plus I LOVE the fact that you guys did a sugar-free mocha last year.

CarysM
9/14/2012 8:22 AM

Vegan vegan vegan vegan vegan vegan vegan vegan please!!! I love  Starbucks but it is time they heard our cry....animal products are not necessary to make a coffee drink delectable, so PLEASE make the pumpkin spice latte and all other holiday drinks for that matter available to vegans as well. Thank you!

9/14/2012 3:09 PM

We appreciate all of the feedback. For those concerned about dairy ingredients in this beverage, we introduced Pumpkin Spice-flavored VIA this year. You can prepare this with a milk alternative of your choice and have a similar Pumpkin Spice beverage at home.

Additionally, we have reviewed a sugar-free option, but have more work to do to ensure we’re creating a similar beverage experience in both the flavor and the texture.

savahontas
9/15/2012 11:02 AM

I appreciate the VIA thing, I guess... but for real that's not even close to the same thing :( I miss pumpkin spice lattes. Please make them vegan!

laurensea7
9/17/2012 11:38 AM

Thank you so much! I'm currently living in Ireland for school and was so bummed to miss PSL season, thrilled I can drink them again!

dakinok
9/18/2012 8:51 AM

If you could make your Pumpkin Spice Latte JUST like Borders used to make theirs, I would buy!  I know Borders is no longer in business, but they made the best Pumpkin Spice Latte EVER!!!!  Please do the research to find out their recipe and make yours like theirs.  I realize you really won't do this, but just thought you would like to know....

torontogirl
9/18/2012 12:25 PM

I love PSL, even more so when it's a PSL chai latte!

colacerise
9/18/2012 1:00 PM

I'm also still waiting on a sugar free (or at least low sugar) alternative to the pumpkin spice latte. Being diabetic means that a tall pumpkin spice latte has the equivalent carb content of a small meal, but I miss 'em (still haven't had one, though), and I can't find the VIA packets anywhere. Guess I'll stick to the sugar free vanilla green tea latte, for now. :(

saraht
9/19/2012 7:05 AM

I would totally LOVE a sugar free version of the pumpkin spice sauce!!! I was so excited when the skinny mocha sauce came out and I now get it every morning:) Skinny pumpkin spice would be just as enjoyable and would go over very very well with the health conscious. Thanks!!!

femmefocale
10/2/2012 10:01 PM

Are you kidding? How is the VIA Pumpkin Spice Latte even comparable to one made in store? I've tried it and it's instant coffee with sugar, that's it. As a vegan, I would much rather pay $4+ for one PSL made without dairy than $8+ for eight packets of instant coffee. PLEASE revamp the syrup and leave out the dairy so all of your customers can enjoy it!

KristenConrad
10/2/2012 11:33 PM

Thank you Starbucks!  I am highly addicted to the PSL this time of year and am in Paris right now.  Though I don't see it on the Starbucks.fr website, I am SO glad to be able to get my fix here! :-)

Customer
12/28/2012 10:39 AM

This is the time of year for reflection and celebrating the highlights of 2012. We love hearing what

css080808
1/6/2013 3:53 PM

Sugar Free!!!

css080808
1/6/2013 3:53 PM

Sugar Free!!!

VickiCA
1/13/2013 2:49 PM

I just want to be able to buy a PSL year-round. I don't care if it's sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-ree, or anything else as long as it's not pumpkin-free.

lisablakea
8/6/2013 3:20 PM

SOOOOO glad to know that they are working on the sugar free option!  Please, please keep trying!?

arothbacher9
9/9/2013 6:44 AM

As a person who is allergic to both gluten and dairy, I'm finding it harder and harder to keep my love for starbucks alive. Unfortunately, I drank a pumpkin spice latte with soymilk yesterday, joyously believing that the beverage was dairy-free. Apparently, the baristas were wrong and I remained blissfully (and stupidly in hindsight) unaware of the dairy in the drink. And today I am paying for it. Starbucks, you really need to do better at making customers aware of the allergens in your drinks. But this means taking the mystery out of your nutrition info and ingredients list. Even just a simple sign that lists potential allergens (even McDonald's does this for heaven's sake) would be a great start. I'm not even going so far as asking for an immediate dairy-alternative,  (even though that would be AMAZING) just simply more clear labeling that would prevent people with allergies from having bad reactions. Thank you.