Take a Tasting Tour of our Holiday Beverages

Have you experienced the melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate curls of our Peppermint Mocha? The crunchy caramelized topping on our Caramel Brulée Latte? Or the fragrant spices in our Gingerbread Latte? This holiday, we invite you to enjoy the flavors of the season and earn your way to a free, handcrafted beverage on us! Here’s how it works:

• At participating stores, pick up a holiday beverage tasting card from your barista at the register, while supplies last.
• Collect a sticker each time you purchase a holiday beverage from November 19 through January 2.
• Collect five stickers and get any Grande-sized handcrafted beverage of your choice, on us!
• You can redeem your completed tasting card through March 4.

Whether you decide to take a tasting tour of all our seasonal flavors or stick with your holiday favorite (for you Eggnog Latte aficionados out there), we hope you enjoy the holidays with this special offer!

Sample Size
posted by gc1991

ItsASamThing
11/19/2012 6:11 PM

This is awesome :) How do we find out which stores are participating?

melis1315
11/19/2012 9:04 PM

I am so bummed! I saw this promo at my store and I guess I didn't read the fine print and/or understand this promo.  I assumed that my drinks would be kept track off by using my registered card - I didn't know I had to get a stamp or a sticker - UGH! I have now purchased THREE that won't count. If cards are registered things like this should be tracked on our card - less paper, less work for the already hard working baristia's and no hassle, fumbling for the paper card every order.

lola16
11/20/2012 8:01 AM

So cool!  Thanks!  I <3 the peppermint mocha and the gingerbread latte became my favorite last year.  Definitely going to try the eggnog latte this year.

Jjpen
11/20/2012 4:17 PM

How do we get the card

bluejena
11/20/2012 4:57 PM

I wish the seasonal beverages were available in "skinny" - even just one or two of them. I had a gingerbread latte the other day and it was delicious, but I really can't have sugar and as much as I loved it, I can't order it again!

carollk
11/21/2012 4:28 AM

One of them is available in "skinny": peppermint mocha.

1jane1
11/21/2012 1:39 PM

I have'nt been to a starbucks for quiet a while I guess if I get a coupon I'll go try these holiday drinks.

Magy1083
11/22/2012 6:57 AM

WOW, IT HAS BEEN AWHILE. I NEED A STARBUCKS.

Readergal
11/22/2012 10:40 AM

I agree with bluejena. I wish more of the seasonal drinks were available in sugarfree or at least reduced sugar. This has kept me from enjoying them and they look so yummy.

deebrews
11/22/2012 10:48 AM

gingerbread delight for non coffee alternative

wanda35
11/22/2012 4:58 PM

Would Love to try the holiday drinks .....

Narf625
11/22/2012 6:00 PM

Ummm.....sounds delicious!

kendre
11/23/2012 9:23 AM

mmmmmm..sounds good!

h20icetea
11/23/2012 4:10 PM

Thats so nice. I would love one. My favorite one is java chip. Thanks

SydBlueLibra20
11/24/2012 3:21 AM

Very nice.

RogerM69
11/24/2012 6:40 AM

What exactly constitutes a holiday beverage? I bought a Pumpkin Spice Latte and the staff told me that wasn't a holiday beverage and gave me grief about giving me a sticker on the card. Thanks, Roger

carollk
11/24/2012 3:27 PM

In the picture above it's caramel brulee latte, peppermint mocha, gingerbread latte and eggnog latte.

cafemochadecaf
11/25/2012 12:01 AM

when it comes to a skinny skip the syrups and chocolate, go for low fat milk and then go add some sugar subsitute.    they usually have cocoa powder where they have the straws and napkins.  so you wont have the sugar.    my fav is a cafe mocha decaf grande with two pumps of mocha one pump of classic syrup on ice.  yummy if i get it hot then i skip the classic syrup.

Scottbrewer76
11/25/2012 7:11 AM

Love to try it? How do we sign up?

Gaile
11/25/2012 5:42 PM

I don't want to appear ungrateful, and I do appreciate this promotion. But why are we back to silly cards and stickers? Why not add the earned beverage automatically to our registered card, as the other earned beverages are added? (I mean, we lost our free syrups for the "improved system" so let's make it universal!)

Also, I have bought 4 holiday beverages in the last week, and nowhere did I see anything about this nor did an employee mention it. I only learned incidentally from a Facebook friend.

This is a nice offer! Please consider next time making it easier (no stickers and cards to carry around) and getting the word out more broadly. I think that would be a win/win situation!

Anonymous
11/27/2012 9:14 AM

I appreciate this promotion and also agree with Gaile.

It has influenced my purchase choices.

I frequent three different Starbuck's locations that I alternately walk to several times a week and none of the cashiers have brought up this promotion to me or any other customers in line. I had to ask what the cards and stickers were for on the counter before I knew about the promotion.

I too had previously purchased holiday drinks without being informed of the promotion. Luckily I had my past receipts in my wallet and was credited for them. But when I order a holiday drink now none of the cashiers ask if I need a sticker, I have to ask for it.

I find it odd that it's not just one random employee with this behavior but every employee I've come in contact with. It seems like the employees are not interested in informing customers about this awesome promotion.

djr8807
12/1/2012 10:11 AM

I'm right there with you Gaile. I have purchased several Holiday drinks also since this promo started. I have never been offered nor seen anything about this card/stickers until a friend told me about it yesterday. I feel as if I'm getting "Ripped Off". It seems that I'm never offered any promo info from Starbucks or its employees. I'm starting to think that the employees are stashing them away for friends and family!!! This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed if you ask me. I hate to sound greedy, but as a Gold card holder, for a long time now, it would be nice to be included on promos such as this.

Beth31
12/2/2012 1:38 PM

Love this promotion, but hate how there's no rhyme or reason to it.  I filled up one card entirely with Salted Caramel Mocha Lattes.  Today, I was scolded by a barista for asking for a sticker for a SCML.  The drink is on the "Holiday Classic" menu on the wall, yet he said that it didn't count as a holiday beverage.  Huh?!  That seems a bit hypocritical/ confusing to me.

12/3/2012 12:02 PM

Thanks for the feedback Beth31.  It looks like the SCM is not on the card, only the four holiday beverages.  I'll pass this along for next time.

MJMS
12/7/2012 8:00 AM

I love Starbuck's promotions, but I'm getting inconsistent information from the different baristas at my local store.  Some say that I haveto buy a grande or larger holiday drink to get a sticker.  Others give me a sticker when I purchase a tall.  Can you clarify the rule for me?  Do you have to purchase five grandes, or just five holiday drinks of any size.  The beverage card doe not specify.  Thanks.

terrankay
12/11/2012 10:08 AM

I think it depends on which Starbucks you go to. I ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte and was given the book and one sticker and they told me about the promotion.  I got an additional 2 stickers for Pumpkin Spice at different times and I went and ordered another one and I was told that Pumpkin Spice is not a holiday beverage.  Which is fine, I ordered a Peppermint Mocha.  But now, I have all 5 stickers filled and I went to order a Vanilla Chai Latte to fulfill the "get a grande beverage of your choice, on us" and was told that the free beverage has to be a holiday beverage.  Is this correct?  I have yet to try it at another Starbucks.

Czaria909
12/11/2012 1:34 PM

Thanks for the info of the tasting beverage card. I have purchased at least six drinks and no one mentioned to collect 5 stickers. I guess it's a secret. Thanks again.

dizee_1
12/13/2012 9:48 AM

I wish they would have told me this the first time i bought one of the holiday beverages!  Like others i was not informed and until this post didn't know.

sweetcie
12/15/2012 12:35 PM

I to have been receiving conflicting information from baristas, why is this?  I have purchased holiday drinks, know one offered me card to get the 6th one free.  In Denver CO location approx 38th Colo Blvd.

Helen_K
12/19/2012 11:33 AM

Thanks for your comments.  Here's some information to help clear up some confusion.

- You can buy any holiday beverage of any size at full price, to get a sticker.  The qualifying beverages are Peppermint Mocha, Skinny Peppermint Mocha, Caramel Brulée Latte, Gingerbread Latte, and Eggnog Latte.

- The free beverage is any grande beverage of your choice.  It does not have to be a holiday beverage.

24Fans
12/19/2012 10:05 PM

I think when you purchase one of these speciality drinks with your Starbucks Card, it should have kept track of the drinks. Please no more cards and stickers. That's what we have a Starbuck's Card for:(

24Fans
12/19/2012 10:05 PM

24Fans
12/19/2012 10:05 PM

24Fans
12/19/2012 10:08 PM

Why did mine post 3 times?

Customer
12/28/2012 10:38 AM

This is the time of year for reflection and celebrating the highlights of 2012. We love hearing what

BrandiL
1/3/2013 2:12 PM

This promotion is ridiculous. Tried to redeem my card today for a grande beverage, was told I could only get a holiday beverage for free AFTER they already made my drink, so I had to pay $5+ for my drink that I wouldn't have even ordered if I had known!

budgiebyrd
1/5/2013 7:18 AM

I absolutely loved this promo!!  The Peppermint Mocha is a favorite of mine so this was perfect for me. Unlike others I had a barista offer me a card before I learned about the promo through the emails you send. They were extremely generous giving me stickers even for the free drink that I'd get between 2-5 for a friend promo.  I had just assumed that only the drinks shown on the card were eligible so I never ran into any frustration.

As a new card holder I agree with the suggestion to somehow link this promo card with the account I already have.

Thanks for a great season. 😊

kmazing
2/6/2013 2:16 PM

I have a couple cards that I've been saving up, seeing that  they expire in march.  But now whenever I try and use them, the baristas at my location always try and argue with me that "it has to be a holiday drink." And seem to not even bother trying to read the details on the back or even trying to enter the code to see if it works.

Today she was actually getting upset with me and even once a coworker came to show her where it said it should work, she still refused to even look.

Is anyone else having problems like this, or is it just my starbucks?

miniyayee

Pingback from  Tuesday Freebies - FREE Les Mis Movie Voucher | Bargain Babe

Tuesday Freebies - FREE 2013 Calendars | Bargain Babe
5/7/2013 9:45 AM

Pingback from  Tuesday Freebies - FREE 2013 Calendars | Bargain Babe

Operatica
6/5/2013 6:08 AM

Huh, seems like my store wasn't participating in that promo. Bring it back next year please? It'd be lots of fun!