Discover Starbucks Discoveries, Iced Cafè Favorites™

There’s a new way to enjoy Starbucks iced espresso beverages.  Now available in your local grocery store (look in the chilled dairy or juice section) is Starbucks Discoveries.  It’s a multi-serving pack Iced Espresso, available in these favorite coffeehouse beverages:  Caramel Macchiato, Caffè Mocha, and Vanilla Latte.  Each carton contains six servings.

We’ve noticed some of you have tried them already…

Coffeemum2 writes, “Today I mixed the Starbucks Discoveries Caramel Macchiato with a shot of espresso from the Verismo and had it over ice.  It was really yummy and gave me an extra ‘punch’ with the shot… you should try it.”

DadCooks, “I have tried the Mocha and Vanilla and was pleasantly surprised that they are not too sweet.  My daughter really likes the Mocha and takes a carton to work to help her through the very hot weather we have been experiencing recently.”

We appreciate your feedback and like to know which are your favorites and ideas for future flavors.  Give them a try and share your thoughts with us.

1suzeeq
8/16/2013 12:26 PM

I finally found some Starbucks Discoveries at my store.  Yay!!!  And I love it!  I tried the Cafe Mocha yesterday and it was really good.  The Cafe Mocha had the right amount of sweetness, not overly sweet.  I went back to the store and bought the Caramel Macchiato.  I will try that later.  Starbucks Discoveries is great for that little pick-me-up that we need when we can't get to our Starbucks Store.  Don't forget to take some to work too, but you might have your friends mooching for some!  :) Thanks Starbucks, you do listen to what your customers want.

LadyKathryn
8/16/2013 4:07 PM

I'm actually drinking a glass of the Caramel Macchiato right now!

Honestly, though.  These are the best pre-made iced coffees I've ever had.  Most of the ones on the market are way too sweet.  (And I say this as someone who *likes* sweet things!)  These are sweetened, but not too much.  I've been keeping this in the fridge pretty much since I first found them in my local grocery store.  I only drink iced coffee in the summer, and this is so convenient!  I take it to work with me often.  (In my Starbucks cold cup, of course!)

DadCooks
8/16/2013 6:14 PM

I bought the vanilla and mocha for my Daughter, she really likes them and now keeps a carton at her work (she works with honest folks who don't steal what is in the community frig.) and has got some co-workers to like them too.

I tried them and was pleased that they are not overly sweetened, it is nice to be able to still taste the coffee.

celo23
8/17/2013 7:52 AM

White chocolate mocha would be a welcomed wonderful addition!

retiredfun
8/17/2013 10:59 AM

Sugar free please, great idea.

christamcd
8/17/2013 1:36 PM

Saw these at the store today. $7 vs $4 for the competition.

ilaria2409
8/17/2013 3:31 PM

Sugar free and fat free! Great idea

C Z
8/17/2013 6:49 PM

Definitely, if it's sugar-free, I'm in!!  That's the biggest barrier for me with "prepared" (dairy case) coffee drinks.

coffeeinCLE
8/18/2013 5:44 AM

The sugar content in these is just plain ridiculous. I couldn't even drink them if I didn't care about the sugar/calories because they are too sweet for me... I wish they would try not a sugar-free, but ones with half the sugar and no artificial sweetener. Not everyone likes their coffee as sweet as Coca Cola!

littlelatte2
8/18/2013 5:45 AM

Fat free please! Tried the mocha, and loved it. A bit pricey, but a nice treat for super busy days.

coffeeinCLE
8/18/2013 5:48 AM

17g of sugar per 8 oz... I don't understand how others are saying it is not overly sweetened...? :(

christamcd
8/18/2013 9:17 AM

@coffeeinCLE - there are 12 grams of sugar from the milk alone.

Yates
8/19/2013 9:50 AM

Discoveries are great. I would love a seasonal Pumpkin Spice Version. Sweetness is a very personal choice, in fact I pour it over splenda and Iced in fact.

@littlelatte2 , @christamcd $4.89 at Walmart(at least in my area) is a very fair price.

LadyKathryn
8/19/2013 4:02 PM

@coffeeinCLE - Sweetness is a matter of taste, and therefore subjective.  I've tried other pre-made iced coffees I've found, and the Discoveries are not nearly as sweet as the others.  (To my taste, anyway.)  If you want a less sweet drink, maybe try the bottled iced coffees?  Or the canned Doubleshots?  I couldn't tell you the sugar content, but to me, both of those are less sweet.  I love the Doubleshots, myself!

winithepo
8/20/2013 6:17 AM

Starbucks is so great.  Just got approved for free coffee for my charitable event:-)

christamcd
8/20/2013 5:53 PM

@Yates - $4.89 is much more reasonable than than $7 it was at the grocery store last week.

8/28/2013 5:08 PM

Thanks for all your feedback on this new iced espresso beverage.  I'll share it with the team.

Becca713
9/23/2013 9:06 AM

We currently have the vanilla and caramel macchiato flavors at my office. Both are good, but I prefer the vanilla. I would only buy this for personal use if it was available in a sugar free version. The price would also have to be right, too!

Jennifer nC
10/24/2013 7:13 AM

Too sweet and weak. Double shots are too sweet too. Oh well.

Jennifer nC
10/24/2013 7:13 AM

Too sweet and weak. Double shots are too sweet too. Oh well.

Jennifer nC
10/24/2013 7:14 AM

Too sweet and weak. Double shots are too sweet too. Oh well. It was only $3 something with $1 off.