Now Get Even More With My Starbucks Rewards™

Your passion for My Starbucks Rewards™ makes this announcement extra exciting: Starting October 15 you get more choices and more rewards!

Now earn Stars at Starbucks, Teavana and grocery stores and redeem for more rewards including Evolution Fresh™ juices, bottled Frappuccinos, and sparkling Refreshers.  You can also redeem rewards at participating Teavana stores across the US and Canada for a handcrafted tea or a one-ounce bag of loose-leaf tea.

The next change is a great example of the My Starbucks Idea community at work. You asked, and we answered…Now redeem your rewards at participating Starbucks stores* in airports across the US and Canada.

And we want to add to your birthday cheer! So along with your existing treat, your birthday email will include a coupon for 15% off a purchase at StarbucksStore.com.   This is valid on one purchase during your birthday month.  Stock up on Verismo™ pods, syrups, sauces or your favorite roast—all at a 15% discount.

Rejoice in the choice. Your My Starbucks Rewards™ team definitely is.

*Please check the store locator on starbucks.com to see which airport stores that are now honoring redemption of My Starbucks Rewards™ (look for the digital rewards check box).

Rewards should be available at all locations
posted by garybocian

FailedAgain
10/15/2013 7:39 PM

Congratulations on your latest revision to to Starbucks REWARD program.

It's nice to receive an e-mail announcing changes "-Rewards are also redeemable at participating Teavana(R) specialty tea stores for beverages or loose-leaf tea. "  And, upon further investigation, using the provided links, it says "-Rewards are also redeemable at participating Teavana(R) specialty tea stores for beverages or loose-leaf tea."

Does this include ALL loose leaf teas TEAVANA offers?  Are there any exceptions NOT stated?  It would be quite embarassing to have everything weighted and bagged, and then be told that it isn't eligible for a reward!  And, what will this mean in Canada where measurements are officialy expressed in grams?

(On a separate note, I have been told on one occasion that there are minimum purchase quantities of certain teas, or certain tea blends that apply.  In these case, do the REWARD rules take precedence, and you will still receive your FREE one ounce as a REWARD?)

Ellybelly2
10/16/2013 9:57 PM

A reason I loved my Starbucks card originally was the fact that when I ordered my venti skinny vanilla latte it was cheaper. It made me want to go get one more as well. Now, I don't want to go to Starbucks as much anymore because it doesn't save me money going there. Starbucks was my "go-to" coffee shop, but the last 6 months or so, it hasn't been. At first I felt like I was "cheating" on Starbucks because that was the coffee store that made me fall in love with coffee, but for as much money I have spent there, I feel like I don't get much appreciation back. One from the store itself, the stores in Omaha, like 72nd and Dodge, I hate going to that Starbucks, they are slow and always take their time on my order, and two my Starbucks card is nothing more than like a debit card because I put money on it then spend it and every so often I get one free drink. Not worth it. I'll stick to making coffee at home because being a card holder doesn't mean as much anymore to me.

BryMc
10/20/2013 3:49 PM

What about point redemption at Target locations?

Mochalover2
10/21/2013 2:59 PM

Great revisions to the reward program.My birthday was October 15th, I didn't receive a discount coupon for the Starbucks store.Really need to order some Mocha!!! Thanks!

Godswarrior355
10/25/2013 12:33 PM

I have been a Gold Card holder since February of 2012. When I found out about the Rewards program, I was stoked! I could not wait to get my Gold Card. I bought so many coffees in order to acquire it. When I finally hit that 30, I was so happy. Then I found out that I had to do it ALL again, to keep it for another year! I then started doing the math, and I found out that I had spent over $120 to get that little Gold rectangle, and that I would end up spending over $240 to keep it! All for just about 2 free drinks a year. When Starbucks actually does send out a coupon it is for like 10 cents of a purchase of $10 or more! It's ridiculous!   Starbucks, PLEASE, make the Rewards program more....REWARDING!!!!! More so than just 15% coupon for your birthday...

MinnieMoose
10/26/2013 3:52 PM

Disappointing that the rewards can't be used in the grocery store Starbucks.  Seem to be more exclusions as time goes on, since almost every grocery seems to have a Starbucks these days.

Claire1955
10/29/2013 1:43 PM

Agree with MinnieMoose! Just tried to use a coupon code I received by e-mail at the Starbuck's in my local Target store. I was told that since the e-mails no longer have a barcode to scan they are unable to honor the special offers. Also they don't honor the birthday rewards or other rewards. The explanation I was given was because they aren't a "corporate" store. The "corporate" store in our town closed several years ago. This is our only Starbuck's. I think if they are going to carry the name they should honor the rewards program and special offer codes.

Colleen K
10/30/2013 2:09 PM

We are excited about Teavana honoring My Starbucks Rewards and we want our members to be as well. So there are no exceptions to the tea beverage or the 1 oz of loose-leaf tea you can choose for your reward. You can pick from any tea available in participating stores in the US and Canada without concern of exceptions or a minimum purchase requirement. In Canadian Teavana stores we will be offering the equivalent 28 grams of loose-leaf tea for an earned or birthday reward.

toffee girl
10/31/2013 6:15 AM

Here is what I experienced with Teavana reward for the past week. One store was very nice, they weighted an ounce of my favorite tea but for 25 min couldn't figure out how to ring it on the register, so they apologize and I left without my tea. My reward thought was marked as used the next day. I called Starbucks customer service and restored it. Went to a different Teavana store and after staying in line for 20 min I was told that Teavana doesn't allow customers to buy 1 ounce, only two, but they will give me a free ounce if I pay for the second one myself. C'mon, this is NOT WHAT I EXPECTED! So Starbucks could you please FIX IT.

DeanBean
11/5/2013 5:10 AM

I agree with others.  In Rochester MN, all of the Starbucks are either at Target or connected with hotels.  And the ones connected with hotels are not just a local group "proudly serving starbucks" but have the full Starbucks offerings and seperate space for coffeeshop.  None of them are corp stand-alone stores.  None of them have the ability to accept the coupons and offers from the rewards program.  I have been working hard to get my initial stars for a free drink and free food item.  Now I found out that they are basicly useless, with an expiration coming up that will likely occur before a trip up to Minneapolis/St Paul.  If it is a big trouble to get POS systems updated at each of these locations to be able to take the coupons then allow us to convert the coupons to cash on the card.  Tall free coffee equals $1.50.  Free Food item equals $2.  Maybe it won't cover the full cost in all locations but it is better than a rewards program that gives you items that can't be used.  Almost sounds like most frequent flier miles... or maybe that was Starbucks plan?

MissMegan28
11/20/2013 6:38 PM

I love my local Starbucks in SF. Even more incentive to visit the store. Give discounted drinks though, you might get me to live there.

karebear63
11/21/2013 4:40 AM

I was so surprised to see the star code on the bag of coffee I bought at Target. I love this change! I just enter the star code in my account and earn a star. Love the birthday change too. Thank you!

c2s
11/21/2013 5:07 AM

We should get more than one star when spending $20 at Starbucks. Starbucks is my husband and I breakfast place for the weekends and it upsets me that we only get 1 star even though we spend almost $20 each visit. The Starbucks solution? Make separate transaction.... Really? Do you know how annoying it is to do that when there is a big line of customers waiting... (The cashiers also get annoyed by this)

Starbucks please fix this. Your program is so unfair.

I also must say that I am not happy about your change of not offering soy milk for free with the card...

ddornan
11/22/2013 11:31 PM

I agree with C2s about how every drink we order we should get a star. If I order 3 drinks I should get that many stars. I shouldn't have to cheat the system or order my drinks and food separately.

I do appreciate the birthday drink.

I do miss getting the extra shot for free with having my card.

There have been some good improvements, some bad changes, but after the money us with cards spend we should be getting more rewards.

carollk
11/28/2013 7:24 AM

I don't think there should be a checkmark next to the "Rewards should be available at all locations" idea because you can now redeem rewards at airports.  This does not help the people who only have access to Starbucks in Target or other retail stores.

dmeans2anend
12/22/2013 5:57 PM

How about getting Starbucks Reward Stars for purchasing Starbucks Ice Cream!!!

Healnfire
2/4/2014 8:38 PM

This is awesome, thank you for doing this