This Little Oat Packs Big, New Flavor

Thanks to your feedback, our Starbucks® oatmeal is even tastier. The new blend delivers hearty texture and delightful taste thanks to old-fashioned and steel-cut oats. We’ve also added a dash of salt to enhance the flavor and reduced the steep time so you can enjoy your oatmeal within just 3 minutes.

Choose from two flavors: Classic and Hearty Blueberry. Classic comes with mixed nuts, brown sugar and dried fruit. Hearty Blueberry comes with a fruit- nut- and seed-blend, along with agave syrup and of course - blueberries!

Enjoy $2 oatmeal between October 21- 27 when you purchase any size brewed or handcrafted beverage.

Try them out. We’d love to hear what you think!

Sell Good Oatmeal
posted by DrHowFun

Ferrari12
10/22/2013 7:34 PM

Great news!  I noticed the shorter time on the last oatmeal I had, and noticed the salt too, but thought noting of it at the time.  I definitely will be ordering the oatmeal more often now.  I'd still much prefer a crock-pot style, fully steel-cut oatmeal à la Jamba Juice, but this is a good improvement!

1212salsera
10/23/2013 11:00 AM

yes i also noticed the salt.  i am better without salt but if you add goji berries to the seed/nut mix well call it even!

Anonymous
10/25/2013 9:30 AM

I remember reading the nutritional facts in the "original" oatmeal on your site, because I did t like that salty taste in it, and it seemed kind of high.  I opened an oatmeal packette once and found a light brown clump, I fiigured it was the oatmeal but I tasted it and it was very salty.  Is the same salt used now and what is the salt from?

I grew up eating plain, hot oatmeal (no milk, salt or sugar) so giving me the chioce to add the nuts and dried or fresh fruit is a plus--that is what gives it extra flavor.  There are millions of peoplew that live their entire lives "unhealthy". It's a 3-minute wait time to start something healthy.

carollk
10/27/2013 7:41 AM

I like the agave syrup.  It only adds 20 calories.

jonsmalljon
10/27/2013 10:02 AM

I've eaten the new stuff 3 times.  The new oatmeal is like eating paste.  I don't know if this could real be called oatmeal.  I'm pretty dissapointed.  Going to have to find a new place to get breakfast if this change is permanent.

TulipChick91
10/30/2013 10:33 AM

I agree with jonsmalljon, the new oatmeal is pasty and tasteless. I was hoping that by adding in the fruit and nut packets that it would improve but it did not. Oatmeal is usually the only food I get from Starbucks. I expected its quality to be as high as the coffee I enjoy but this "improvement" was an epic fail.

JDelgado
11/1/2013 9:23 AM

I like the Blueberry oatmeal, it is great for that boost in the morning.

shirloo
11/2/2013 9:19 AM

I purchased and ate new  classic oatmeal. Five minutes later,I had horrible stomach aches  and diarrhea,upset stomach.that lasted about 8 hours.I do not know if it was the. Oatmeal,nut mix,or brown sugar,but will never purchase again.there is something wrong with this product and bet before long you will be recalling,do not buy people.

I ate the old one and never got sick like this.

PeteSr
11/10/2013 4:41 AM

I love oatmeal but do not like the shredded or instant type.  I know that Starbucks uses the term steel-cut as an upscale marketing label.

I suggest that Starbucks just leave the oats natural instead of shredding them.  It has a better texture in one's mouth and doesn't serve up as a sticky mass.

I tried the Starbucks steel-cut instant type and sure enough  it was lumpy and stuck together.  Natural oats do not do this.

gind
11/20/2013 6:15 PM

Add a brown sugar crunch topping. Other coffee shops and breakfast places have it, it is FANTASTIC!

VioletKitten
11/20/2013 10:20 PM

I was excited when Starbucks offered oatmeal, but disappointed when I actually tried it. I've had better. At least there are other food options :)

yardleypalake
11/21/2013 4:15 AM

Steel cut? You're kidding, not worth the money, need to come up with a crock pot version, oatmeal is really healthy!

Emizoe
11/21/2013 4:33 AM

The first blend of steel cut and rolled oats with a steep time of five minutes was much better than the new, improved version.  The new blend is kind of mushy.  I get it every day for lunch and noticed a big difference.

Jilly45
11/21/2013 8:30 AM

The pre-Oct. Oatmeal with a steep time of five minutes was much better than the new "improved" version.  The new blend is mushy.  I used to get it every morning but stopped after this change.  Sometimes the old version would suffer a little if the barista did not ensure the water was hot enough, but I never like this new version.

flame1
11/21/2013 2:54 PM

I want the old oatmeal back!  The last 2 updates of oatmeal have been really bad.  I would have oatmeal everyday now NO.

flame1