Beyond the Chocolate Croissant

I love our chocolate croissants, but every now and then I want something a little different or just a bit heartier. On those days I opt for a La Boulange Savory Square.

Each square offers buttery, layered goodness filled with delicious ingredients. We offer two veggie-friendly selections: The Tomato & Cheese Savory Square or The Wheat & Spinach selection. For a traditional favorite, try our Ham & Cheese Savory Square.

Each one has thoughtful ingredients throughout the savory pastry.  An example is the Tomato & Cheese Savory Square has lavendar and other herbs that add a nice dimension of flavor paired with the scrumptious tomatoes and Swiss cheese.

We are loving these Savory Squares. Have you tried one yet? Let us know what you think.

archena
11/15/2013 4:13 PM

Can't wait to try these - the veggie ones look yum!

sbxfoodeema
11/16/2013 6:51 AM

Nice to have some vegetarian food options.  I love the spinach/feta/egg white wrap.  Thank you Starbucks for offering some options for lunchtime "fast food".

BTW I love your posts!  If you ever leave Starbucks you should write for Gourmet (magazine).

StarbuxVa
11/17/2013 5:53 AM

These sound delicious.  Are they coming to Northern Virginia?

Soargirl
11/18/2013 11:39 AM

I had the butternut squash and sage version that is offered here in Seattle and it was a winner! Savory choices are a nice option.

AnitaPeron
11/20/2013 7:01 PM

All these squares are super good. And they don't have that many calories... totally fine for a breakfast and very yummy! Love the spinach/wheat and the butternut squash!

ElizaT
11/20/2013 7:43 PM

I really love the chocolate croissant. Thank you for bringing them back.

Anonymous
11/20/2013 8:35 PM

Very yummy but not in any locations close to home.  Only near work 30 miles away and not drive through locations.

oma evie
11/20/2013 10:05 PM

Love the squash savory. Please keep it !!!

VioletKitten
11/20/2013 10:13 PM

I've had the ham & cheese savory square. I absolutely love it!! Great job!

amyalonzo
11/21/2013 2:01 AM

Are these at every starbucks?   I haven't seen them in Houston.  I agree that additional vegetarian options are great!

jmali95
11/21/2013 5:02 AM

Would be nice if all locations had chocolate croissants!!! Also bring back the baguette!!!

Val C
11/21/2013 5:50 AM

We dont get these or even the chocolate croissant at my area starbucks =(

abmiller91387
11/21/2013 8:01 AM

I have had the butternut & sage square & it was delicious. I noticed it is no longer on your list. Will this combination make a comeback?  YES, Please!

Nuveau
11/21/2013 8:38 AM

I love the tomato and cheese!

chrissychris
11/21/2013 8:53 AM

They sound good but they don't look good the way they are presented in the case.  They just look flat and soggy instead  of plump and flaky.

deborahtakamur
11/21/2013 5:43 PM

When will these food items be available in Columbus, Ohio? I think chocolate croissants would be a popular item here.

litlsauda
11/21/2013 9:51 PM

I hope these items become available in Las Vegas, NV...I tried them in California and I enjoyed them!!

catts2
11/22/2013 2:12 PM

I have tried all of the savory croissants. They are all outstanding. My favorites are the tomato and cheese, spinach and cheese and butternut squash. I do ask that they be toasted a little extra as I've found that if they are not well done, they tend to be a little soggy. Please keep these, however, I agree with most other customers that the new pastries gotta go! Please bring back the old.

carollk
11/23/2013 5:17 AM

The pastry dough items are definitely better than the cake items.

AmyLouLou
11/27/2013 11:42 AM

These are disgusting! I want my old spinach gets wrap back!

ECWinslow
11/28/2013 9:56 PM

Disgusting is a bit strong IMO, but they do look a sad in the case. (I think they, at least the no-meat ones, taste better than they look.)

I do miss the simple egg & cheese English muffin...

penny
12/7/2013 11:23 AM

My favorites are the spinach and the ham and cheese. I don't like tomato: I had expected something that tasted like fresh tomato with cheese, not mediocre pizza sauce on pastry. Haven't tried the butternut squash.

The first time I had one it was a little disappointing: soggy and greasy. But I think store played with the baking time or temperature and now I find them to be properly heated with some flakiness (though not quite like freshly baked).

sbx_food
12/13/2013 10:24 AM

Thank you all for your comments. The savory squares are a part of our La Boulange assortment. Your stores will be getting these squares as well as many other delicious pastries early next year!

TeganTowne
12/17/2013 10:57 AM

Just thought I’d share… <3

Zulily has a Starbucks Holiday card promo that is $25 for $25 card (that I linked to my account immediately)- best part is, if you use up the whole $25 by 12/31/13, you will receive an additional $10 ecard in January. After I linked the card, I went to a local store after class yesterday and purchased 2 frappucino's, a reuseable cup, a cake pop, cranberry bliss bar and pumpkin bread- all on seperate orders, totalling 6 stars. I got the stars by the end of the night and used up about $18 on my promo card. A bonus was that since I used the reuseable cups, I got another $.10 off the drinks and now that the promo is going on, I'm at 9 stars in less than 10 minutes.

Zulily has their promo only until tomorrow at midnight, so in case you don't have an account with them, copy and paste the link below and sign up! If you're an avid Starbuck's drinker like I am, it is more than worth it!! :)

www.zulily.com/.../ttowne483