Spice Up Your Holidays with Our New Gingerbread Latte

Gingerbread has the power to evoke warm memories of holiday cheer and cherished family traditions. Since I was a child, gingerbread cookies heralded the arrival of the holidays.

At one point my annual ritual of baking gingerbread houses actually inspired me to start my own business selling kits to make homemade gingerbread houses.

With my love of all things holiday I was very excited to join the Starbucks team.  When there was an opportunity to craft a new recipe for our beloved Gingerbread Latte I simply couldn’t wait to share my love of gingerbread and the holidays.

The updated recipe combines our signature espresso, freshly steamed milk and warm flavors of baked gingerbread. We’re now topping it with a new spice-infused whipped cream, made with cinnamon, cloves and ginger, followed by a sweet drizzle of real molasses. For me, the sweet aromatic spices and rich flavors truly ignite the spirit of the holidays.

I hope you enjoy the warm goodness of our new Gingerbread Latte.  Let us know your thoughts about the new recipe.  We’d love to hear what you think.

archena
11/25/2013 1:18 PM

Thank you Helen - I was hoping the Gingerbread Latte was not gone this year, when I did not see this back with the other holiday beverages.

Now I  can't wait to try the new Gingerbread Latte!

Denverchic
11/26/2013 9:56 AM

I really like the addition of the molasses.  Thanks!

SBDoubleShotEd
11/26/2013 6:39 PM

I was not a fan of the molasses at first but it has grown on me. I tried it without the other day but have kept letting them put it on when I get it. The new whipped cream is pretty yummy.

grammargirl09
11/26/2013 6:56 PM

I had never tried this beverage until Monday.  My Barista--Kate--suggested I try this latte. She told me the spiced whipped cream was to die for...her exact words were, "it's so good, it's sick!!" In all honesty--truer words haven't been spoken!! The real molasses is a superb, first-class touch that solidifies this drink as the epitome of the Starbucks experience--smooth, effortless indulgence....warmth and just enough spice to make a Monday less daunting!! Well done Starbucks.......WELL done!!!

JaradBradock
11/27/2013 7:52 AM

I personally do not car for the gingerbread latte. It tastes like cologne to me.

reems32395
11/27/2013 3:16 PM

All of the Christmas drinks have a weird taste to me. Like plastic or something.  Except for the peppermint mocha.  The rest (egg nog, gingerbread etc, pumpkin spice) all taste awful.  Wish it wasn't the case because I love a good latte.

decafskim
11/28/2013 8:12 AM

I had one yesterday (without the whip cream topping) and it was terrible! The worst latte ever!

coffee73
11/28/2013 4:04 PM

Many people I know look forward to the gingerbread lattes every year why on earth would it seem like a good idea to change it by adding a drizzle that smells and tastes soooo nasty!

FabioColombia
11/29/2013 8:17 AM

great

epmitchell
11/29/2013 1:59 PM

The new gingerbread latte is addictively good, the addition of the spiced whipped cream and molasses are the perfect addition.  My waistline is hating it, but I'm still loving them.

franniedisme
11/30/2013 6:48 PM

i love the gingerbread latte and look forward to it every year. I think a topping of crushed gingerbread cookies would be more appealing than molasses. I hope you will consider trying it. Thanks.

Missfritz2u
12/1/2013 3:53 AM

I wouldn't know.  They have decided to not offer it (my favorite drink) in Orlando and Clermont, FL this year.  I'm so disappointed that I'm not going to Starbucks this month at all.

greentea latte
12/3/2013 7:26 PM

Agree with Missfritz above. I live in the Orlando area as well, and we were not "chosen" to have this drink. Instead we get a Cherry (no)Jubilee... please bring the gingerbread latte back to Celebration, FL!!!

carollk
12/4/2013 3:52 AM

Will there ever be another skinny holiday drink besides Skinny Peppermint Mocha?

carolavallese
12/4/2013 7:04 AM

Imagine my disappointment when I was told Orlando was not picked for the gingerbread latte.....you mean no gingerbread latte in Disney. Where I was so excited to see your logo on Main Street.   I live an hour north of Orlando in the villages....sure hope we have it here but so far I have only seen the cherry jubilee.....don't take away our. GINGERBREAD!!

kerouac
12/5/2013 5:30 PM

Why oh Why can't Starbucks make a sugar-free gingerbread syrup.  I always looked forward to the time of year when gingerbread lattes were available but, after being diagnosed with a medical condition that precluded having sugared drinks I've been unable to enjoy this holiday favorite.  I am sure that are many patrons who would like to have a sugar-free gingerbread latte.  So, Starbucks, what's the deal?  Why no sugar-free gingerbread lattes???????????

snowflake16
12/6/2013 5:34 AM

I am so upset that the gingerbread latte did not come to the area. I understand wanting to try a new drink but I think you should offer both at the same time. I do not like the new one at all, chestnut praline. Every year I look forward to the gingerbread. Super disappointed.

shiralby
12/6/2013 11:32 AM

I like the gingerbread latte minus the molasses but with the delicious spiced whipped cream.  Love that stuff!

coffeePsycho
12/6/2013 8:41 PM

gingerbread latte--I am very confused  that the gingerbread latte did not come to the area. Tampa is a Test Store they are not having it on the menu in the whole state ? i think 1 store maybe as a test for but coming from a marketing and business stand point its a really bad idea i hope someone heres this pease to the people   ownership bring back the gingerbread latte ..... its starbucks !!!! great coffee

coffeePsycho
12/6/2013 8:41 PM

johnpmx
12/7/2013 3:21 PM

Can't get it inTampa??

Patty157
12/7/2013 7:46 PM

I agree! I can find only one store in Tampa that serves gingerbread lattes. It's in a Barnes & Noble. This is my favorite coffee drink for Christmas! Please, please bring it back again!!!!

GwenC
12/8/2013 12:36 AM

I am with others in the Tampa/St. Pete area. I was so looking forward to my annual Gingerbread latte only to be told it is not available here as the area is testing the new Chestnut Praline. I almost walked out but decided to give it a try. It was good but did not compare to a Gingerbread Latte.

I must admit, I tried another store hoping to get a Gingerbread Latte. I know... not in this area. Bummer. I'm not sure I'll get back home in time to get one this year. :(  So I tried the Chestnut Praline Frappucino. That was better than it was as a latte.

So now I'm searching for another store (not Starbucks) that may come close to the Gingerbread Latte I want to have this holiday season.

It really would be a plus for Starbucks to give in to the test market(s) and make Gingerbread Lattes and Frapuccinos available NOW and into January (yes, past the season) to make up for this. Give it to us AS AN ADDITION TO the Chestnut Praline. Isn't offering both a better "test" than to remove a favorite?

Wiser1
12/8/2013 7:31 AM

I too am disappointed that the Gingerbread latte is unavailable in Orlando area. I found them in Key West...they were great! I think I'll try Barnes and Noble (which one?). Anyone else find Gingerbread lattes in the Orlando area?

Patty157
12/15/2013 8:36 PM

I found gingerbread lattes served at the Barnes & Noble on Dale Mabry Hwy near Kennedy Blvd. in Tampa.

NoCoffee4Me2
2/20/2014 11:58 AM

My wife loves this flavor but is always so disappointed when it goes away for the off season.  Same goes for the Pumpkin Spice.  We started going to a different Starbucks a few miles further away for a couple of weeks after they ran out at our closest Starbucks, until that Starbucks ran out also.