Bring your Starbucks VIA® Instant Coffee to Unexpected Places

The New Year brings new surprises and this exciting unveiling was two years in the making: Starbucks VIA® Vanilla and Mocha Lattes.

We know your expectations for a premium product are as high as ours. So our Research and Development Team worked diligently until they were certain they’d created the best Starbucks VIA® beverage. The team focused on determining the correct dairy powder (it’s natural dairy), mixed expertly with the amazing coffee you know and love, and adding just the right amount of flavoring.

All of this beautifully combines to offer the enjoyment of a portable, premium Starbucks latte anytime you are away from our cafés.

What Starbucks VIA® do you want next?

VIA Latte
posted by PixelHustler

JamieRene
1/7/2014 9:05 AM

This is so exciting! I can't wait until the release! Also, getting this as a markout will be awesome. (:

PixelHustler
1/7/2014 9:53 AM

Cool! I posted this in 2009, so it's nice to see it come to fruition. Now, since it was my idea...do I get some free packets? ^_^

Karennamia
1/7/2014 2:49 PM

Wow! Great idea! And will be available soon. Thanks.

dyad14
1/8/2014 9:36 AM

Why not have a caramel macchiato? I'm so loving this! Thanks at PixelHustler for this great idea. Good luck getting free packets from Starbucks!

saboccara
1/8/2014 6:35 PM

Where's the Almond Milk?

littlecigar
1/8/2014 10:01 PM

Great! Now let's get the travel mug to hold all these little packets back in the store!

drogers42
1/12/2014 5:30 PM

Just tried it-it's not very good! The Gevalia cappuccino is much better!

Netscape
1/12/2014 6:34 PM

Tried it - huge disappointment. Will not be trying it again.

debbie14
1/13/2014 3:25 PM

need a lactose free option

habibati
1/16/2014 12:28 PM

tried it today. Vanilla is not one of my favorites, but I didn't think it was bad. actually thought I would try again until it cooled and a thick curdled paste was left in the bottom of my cup

starbucksgram
1/17/2014 3:02 PM

How about it in a Decaf version??

starbucksgram
1/17/2014 3:02 PM

How about it in a Decaf version??

malito
1/19/2014 6:09 PM

I am allergic to dairy.  How about a soy version?

quackmom
1/22/2014 2:09 PM

I'd love to try Via Latte, but would prefer decaf. If a soy version is available, all the better since I am allergic to milk. Vanilla, white chocolate, pumpkin or gingerbread are great sounding flavors! (I'm allergic to milk or dark chocolate)

Alysse Morris
1/26/2014 3:24 AM

Let's get rid of the dairy via and more natural/vegan friendly.

Alysse Morris
1/26/2014 3:24 AM

Let's get rid of the dairy via and more natural/vegan friendly.

jmd23
1/28/2014 11:29 AM

I was very very disappointed that the via lattes are no longer made with cane sugar. If Starbucks is serious about contributing positively to the community, then continuing to offer healthful sugars in its drinks makes sense.  It is a step backward to not only lower the quality of its offerings, but also contribute to the growing health consequences of refined sugars.  We have loved the iced coffees, and the other various hot offerings, so delighted that Starbucks was conscious enough to sweeten them with a natural sugar.  I will no longer buy these lattes, and will educate anyone I know on the changes and counsel them to avoid the lattes in the future unless they change back.  I am a long standing account holder, spend literally thousands of dollars on starbucks a year given my large family of four children, but will have to cut back now.

pennyjean
1/29/2014 10:50 AM

I gave the Mocha Latte two tries. I tasted in the store and wasn't impressed but still bought one to try at home. Just not up to the standards of taste I expect from Starbucks. I carry Via as a good substitute to a store stop but these Lattes will never be a substitute for the bottled or store purchased mocha...hot or cold.

Lea6879
1/31/2014 5:14 AM

White Chocolate Mocha flavor please!

lvraiderfan
2/3/2014 9:39 AM

I tried the vanilla latte (in all my excitement) and did it at home on my day off. Was truly disappointed. I could not even compliment it with any kind of pastry. The $1.00 coupon it came with doesn't even make me want to use it. Try a different flavor, like White Chocolate Mocha, but don't ruin that flavor, please.

lvraiderfan
2/3/2014 9:39 AM

Wuzzy
2/4/2014 10:28 AM

It does not compare to a freshly made Latte and to be honest it tasted like the International Foods instant beverages that come in multiple flavors.  Certainly can't compare to the Via that I am a big fan and have quite a few in my house.  Use them primarily for iced coffees in my Starbucks cold cup, of course.

jojomo
2/5/2014 8:37 AM

HI, the vanilla latte was not tasty either in the store or using the VIA at home. My Starbuck's desire is to have an instant decaf as delicious as the christmas blend in either that blend or pike's peak-I love having access at  home or on the road.

JavVaMama
2/13/2014 3:56 PM

How about a SKINNY Vanilla Latte?  Also, like several others, I was not impressed with the Via Vanilla Latte.  But, I always get the Skinny Vanilla Latte in the store, so maybe I'd like that better.

cedarsong
2/15/2014 5:41 PM

PLEASE offer almond milk for those who don't use dairy or soy.

cedarsong
2/15/2014 5:41 PM

PLEASE offer almond milk for those who don't use dairy or soy.

virgojg
2/28/2014 7:26 AM

Hate the new Via Mocha Lattes! Please bring bring back the original Mocha Via. Even if others like the new Via Latte, please bring back the original for others like me. I miss them! Please!

djbruce
3/25/2014 6:32 AM

Tastes like a general foods coffee. Yuck. Make it more like the PSL Via or Peppermint Mocha Via to be made with milk instead of water. I stock up on both these Vias!

TLC1964
4/16/2014 12:14 PM

I tried the new Via Mocha Latte once I ran out of the discontinued Via Mocha and Via Caramel flavored coffees.  I truly have to say, it is awful!  I'm a Starbucks fan for many, many years and still cannot understand why they got rid of the original Mocha and Caramel Vias. This new Via Mocha Latte tastes like bad hot chocolate with a terrible powdery dairy flavor which settles grossly at the bottom of your mug. I threw the rest away, wouldn't even give it away to people I know. I know I'm not the only person with the same opinion,  since I have read many reviews as well. On that note, PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE bring back the original Via Caramel and Via Mocha flavored coffees back and make many of your dedicated and faithful customers satisfied stainless. On line or in grocery stores, doesn't matter. Will be once the lookout!

TLC1964
4/16/2014 12:34 PM

I tried the new Via Mocha Latte once I ran out of the discontinued Via Mocha and Via Caramel flavored coffees.  I truly have to say, it is awful!  I'm a Starbucks fan for many, many years and still cannot understand why they got rid of the original Mocha and Caramel Vias. This new Via Mocha Latte tastes like bad hot chocolate with a terrible powdery dairy flavor which settles grossly at the bottom of your mug. I threw the rest away, wouldn't even give it away to people I know. I know I'm not the only person with the same opinion,  since I have read many reviews as well. On that note, PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE bring back the original Via Caramel and Via Mocha flavored coffees back and make many of your dedicated and faithful customers satisfied. On line or in grocery stores, doesn't matter. Will be on the lookout!

TLC1964
4/16/2014 12:37 PM

I'm sorry for the typos in my first comment paragraph.