Coffee’s Newest Companions

Starting today at participating stores, you’ll find two new treats gracing our pastry case and they’re both here thanks to your feedback.

The Almond Croissant is a long-time customer request. We’re glad you asked for it. And we’re really glad to announce it’s here! Sweet almond filling swirls through La Boulange’s flaky pastry dough and we top if off with toasted sliced almonds for delectable treat enjoyed any time of day.

A resident coffee expert suggests enjoying the croissant with Pike Place® Roast. The subtle hints of cocoa and toasted nuts make it the perfect sipping partner.

Your love of this next pastry is why it’s back. Yep ... the very popular Cranberry Orange Scone has arrived. It’s a buttery, scrumptious favorite filled with tangy cranberry spread and a hint of citrus. Sugar crystals on top give it a sweet finishing touch.

Try this treat with our Kenya coffee. Its notes of grapefruit and black currants are a natural pairing to the cranberry and citrus zest in the scone.

Almond Croissant - please add to menu
posted by mariah123

Cranberry Orange Scone
posted by gailskigirl

Pike Place is a registered trademark of The Pike Place Market PDA, used under license.

carollk
1/10/2014 5:02 PM

But that isn't really the Cranberry Orange scone that was so popular, is it?

OALady
1/12/2014 6:57 PM

I have had this on Royal Caribbean Ships with Starbucks and really love the Almond Croissant, will start looking for it in my nearest Starbucks. I use my RCCL Allure of the Sea gift card recived on the Inaugural sailing.

jhm528
1/12/2014 8:01 PM

The new line of pastries is only available in some cities and not all. So when will these treats come to all locations? Right now my Starbucks store still carries the old line.

sbx_food
1/13/2014 12:40 PM

@carollk Thanks for your question! This is an update on our original cranberry orange scone. Our La Boulange team developed this new recipe. Let us know what you think!

@jhm528 The rest of the country will be receiving the new La Boulange bakery assortment this winter and springtime. You will know when the new product has hit your neighborhood store…just look for the pink signage!

carollk
1/13/2014 4:04 PM

No, thank you, it doesn't look at all appealing.  But I do like the almond croissant.

Guyvis
1/23/2014 8:19 AM

The new line of pastries is terrible.  The old pastries were far superior.  I used to purchase pastries at least 3 times a week.  I gave the new pastries a good ole college try, but they are just terrible.  Dried out, rubbery, unappealing texture flavor.

I've not purchased a pastry from starbucks in months (except when I visited Little Rock for the holidays.  They still had that delicious blueberry muffin I loved so much.)

Guyvis
1/23/2014 8:19 AM

Guyvis
1/23/2014 8:19 AM

Guyvis
1/23/2014 8:19 AM

PNWGirl
1/27/2014 9:49 AM

I'm glad the almond croissant had a label, but it should have had a different name. It has a generic puff pastry taste.  I expect premium products at Starbucks and this is a fail. Please try again.

PNWGirl
1/27/2014 9:49 AM

LizE
1/29/2014 11:15 AM

The pastries Starbuck's carries has always been a let down and the new line, even further down the scale.

LizE
1/29/2014 11:15 AM

LizE
1/29/2014 11:15 AM

brennagardner
2/1/2014 2:12 PM

I'm not sure what these will be like but I don't think I will be trying them. I'm not a huge fan of almond and I don't think a cranberry orange scone would be a good snack with my white chocolate mocha.

McJeff
2/3/2014 6:47 PM

I hate to echo the other commenters here, and be a curmudgeon, but La Boulange does not have good pastries. I just tried the orange morning bun. Guess I won't be buying those anymore!

The old morning bun was so good - thick, chewy, soft dough, perfect amount of sugar and cinnamon.

The new one is flat, overflavored, doughy texture. Why oh why did SBX change? It's not always for the better.

OK, SBX, I rarely comment, but the new pastries are so bad, I decided to take the time to sign in and make a comment. If I did this, think how many people are silently deciding.

I was in a SBX in a downtown area, where the staff was gamely pushing the new stuff. Did not see one good reaction.

Sometimes dollars sense does not translate into better product or service.

Since it's all about the money, I guess this will be the new pastry. I won't buy it. Sad, really.

Maybe I'll go see what Peet's or the one or two remaining locals have for pastry. Even the snooty local artisan coffee roasters are starting to be appealing. One of them does an especially good almond croissant.

I'm not hating. SBX is still good. Just sayin' what it is.

NC Beachbum
2/11/2014 8:10 PM

I would have agree about the new pastry line, not very good at all. 😝

NC Beachbum
2/11/2014 8:10 PM

I would have agree about the new pastry line, not very good at all. 😝

NYerr
2/13/2014 10:37 AM

I think the new chocolate croissant is excellent, but that's it.

coffeefn
2/26/2014 5:17 PM

I like the good news would love to see a Starbucks closer to me on 5ave in bay ridge it is the right area for it like your ideas also take care.

sdavis106
3/22/2014 7:17 AM

You lost the good pastries like orange cranberry and pumpkin.  This is a failure and I won't be buying

sdavis106