Mugs to Mark Your Travels

Now you can find the popular and artful “You Are Here” mugs in Wisconsin, Virginia, Kansas City, and Aspen. Each new design features landmarks and activities unique to the city and state, and are sold exclusively in the location they represent.

If you’re in any of the above locales soon, be on the lookout for these collectible mugs.

Surfer60
1/22/2014 9:35 AM

Yet the Aspen location still doesn't honor the gold card program and continues to offer poor licensed store service? Sounds like mixed priorities!

Skinnygirl
1/23/2014 6:31 AM

Hawaii. Too!

aacottone
1/25/2014 6:45 AM

I stopped collecting the Destination Mugs when Starbuck's went to producing the mugs in China.  Please produce the mugs in the USA again.

EIGrande
1/25/2014 3:14 PM

Regardless of whether you're a fan or not, not finding a the mug available at your destination is frustrating for many.  Hard Rock made a ifetime goal of creating these geographically specific collectibles.  And, I am sure it worked for them.  Dunkin just joined the game.  Starbucks is somewhere in the middle.  It's nice to make things that you get when you travel.  Certainly people do appreciate that. Others however the convenience of online ordering, and not having to carry these hevy, and possibly fragile items while travelling.  So, I thought it was great when Dunkin started to offer their city mugs on their website, unlike Starbucks that only periodically offers (in what are sometimes large volumes) of ONLY specific city mugs at their Starbucks online store.  Please Starbucks make your choice and stick to it.  Either all mugs re available all the time at full price, or stop making only some city mugs available at some times at discounted prices.  Either they are only available in their respective cities, or they are not!

For those collecting these mugs, beyond the travellers, the wholesale dumping surplus Starbucks mugs online, especially at heavily discounted prices only serves to dilute the Starbucks brand.

Tay Maria
1/26/2014 8:35 PM

Excited to see more of these being released! I do a lot of traveling and love to plan my visit to each local Starbucks to buy the local mug. I can't wait to see what others get released this year!

Tay Maria
1/26/2014 8:35 PM

rrluvssr1994
1/27/2014 3:26 PM

Maritimes Canada

dasher14
1/27/2014 5:26 PM

@surfer60

The starbucks in aspen is actually a license store. The closest corporate store you have is going to be the Basalt Starbucks and they do carry the Aspen mug :)

Carmenlangley
1/30/2014 12:15 AM

My boyfriend and I made our first out of state trip to Seattle this past October and I picked up one from the original at pikes place, it is my favorite mug, but I wish I had picked up the Seattle one too. Guess we'll just have to go back ;)

dxgxp
1/30/2014 4:19 PM

I'm with aacottone, please make in USA again!

lizzykeiger
1/31/2014 12:00 AM

i really don't like this collection, the coloring is far to intense then the usual Starbucks color pallet. it also holds less floz that the last collection. i feel this collection was a downgrade in all forms.

amidog
1/31/2014 7:48 AM

I love the the idea of travel mugs and own several.

However the newly produced mug's color and graphic designs are the worst, a true downgrade and cheap looking.

Standardly Starbucks products are a pleasure to look at.

The new travel cups featured in this article are an extreme disappointment and departure from the usual classy look.

Desist, please!

2corgis
2/1/2014 3:21 PM

Liked the discontinued ones best.

Joyfull
2/3/2014 12:09 PM

I, too, want to see the mugs made in USA.  Especially the mugs that proudly wear USA locations.

TJ801
2/12/2014 11:18 AM

I am not certain why you changed the mugs but I do not like them. I have been collecting the old mugs and love them. They were and are a perfect size and weight. The new mugs are too heavy. The handles are too big - not comfortable to hold and the base is too big.

I think you had a good thing before. So as the saying goes - if it ain't broke don't fix it!

I am hoping you bring back the old mugs. I went to Las Vegas last December and went to buy my LV mug only to find the new one - sorry but YUCK!

So if you do bring back the old one please let me know. I will not purchase any of the new mugs in my future travels.

At the very least online sale would be good however I know of others that collect the old mugs who are equally disappointed.

Bring back old mugs please!

Crypticthought
2/24/2014 1:09 PM

I wish that some of you would stop griping about the old travel destination mugs and actually give credit where credit is due. These mugs are much more appealing visually and practical when stored in a cabinet and actually USED. I understand why people collected the last generation, but I saw people using them for decorations more than coffee. I actually use these mugs and they are perfect for the largest setting on a keurig (with Starbucks brand K-cups. The new vanilla and caramel flavors are fantastic. Bravo!).

I will have to agree with others when they say that they wish the mugs were made in the USA. If you're not going to buy these mugs, I'd say that would be a perfectly good reason.

Besides that, I would like to see more of the states made into mugs. I'm in the Tri-state area and I've collected both Virginia and Washington D.C.. I'd like to see a Maryland mug, but don't forget to put a crab on that one too. Although West Virginia gets a bad wrap, the natural beauty of the land is something to be seen and definitely worthy of being displayed on one of your mugs.

Anyways,

Well done on the new design. I've collected four so far and look forward to collecting more soon.

photochic525
2/25/2014 7:27 AM

Now that Virginia had been added to the list why not add Maryland and Delaware to that list.  I know that both stores in Delaware at rehoboth beach would sell a ton of these.  And with the Maryland store I frequent being right off of rt 50 there is a huge opportunity to sell those mugs.

straitnlong
3/2/2014 6:08 AM

How about creating a mug for the Great Lakes region of Canada?  Beautiful vistas...shipping canals...bridges spanning two countries...lots of opportunities to generate a very vibrant and colourful (yes, I spelled that correctly, eh) mug...just a thought

cabincrew101
3/2/2014 4:36 PM

Bring back the Icon mugs please!

aaliff
3/9/2014 8:43 PM

I have thoroughly enjoyed the new You Are Here series and hope to see more released soon. I think Charleston, China, and Wyoming would be good choices. I also hope that Starbucks takes all the trash-talking of the YAH collection with a grain of salt. I understand that collectors of the older series get used to a particular look, but there's no need to bash a new and different style. Don't forget that you aren't a collector if the supply of your collectibles is infinite. I think stacking mugs are wonderful, and next time there's a design change in the collectibles, I hope they still stack!

lavaniaful
3/12/2014 6:51 PM

What are the Starbucks locations in California where City Mugs can be purchased at.  I know it's limited but I can't find a listing of which Starbucks stores actually sell them.  Hope you can help. Thanks either way.

lavaniaful
3/12/2014 6:51 PM

lavaniaful
3/12/2014 6:51 PM

williesan
3/18/2014 9:16 PM

I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I have started collecting the "You Are Here" series of mugs to mark my places I have been in my travels over the years.

What I would like to know is how we can suggest a mug for a location that has never seen it's own mug over the years. I have some ideas for some places that have been missed (especially my home state of Oklahoma). It would be nice to have a "home" mug to trade with collectors around the world.

Until then, I will keep on looking when I travel. :)

Cheers, and happy collecting!

Mixedtapegurl
3/23/2014 8:32 AM

Love these mugs! They are very Mary Blair inspired, which is wonderful! Keep it up, Starbucks.

Though, could you tell me where I can find a comprehensive list of all available mugs? I'd like to scope out possibilities before my travels.

gno0928
4/3/2014 12:03 PM

SERIOUSLY? I HATE THE NEW DESIGN MUGS! PLEASE BRING BACK THE ICON MUGS PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!! ITS SO UNFAIR UNFAIR UNFAIR FOR US THAT OTHER COUNTRIES STILL GOT THE ICON MUGS AND WERE NOT!!! THE DESIGN IS YUUUUUCCCCK!!! WHO EVER THOUGHT OF THIS SHOULD BE FIRED!! LOLZ!!