Introducing the Newest Mug in Our Collection – Made in the USA!

In response to your ideas and as a part of our ongoing mission to create jobs in the USA, we are excited to announce that our new Starbucks® Logo Mugs have been designed, sourced and made in the USA. But not just anywhere in the USA. We collaborated with Ulrich Honighausen to open the American Pioneer Manufacturing (APM) factory in the heart of the ceramics community, Waterford Ohio. Because of this collaboration, Ulrich was able to hire over 20 skilled craftsmen who delicately mix the raw materials, create the molds and hand glaze the mugs, one-by-one.

When describing the APM factory, Ulrich explained, “It is a collaboration of shared values between a small company with a dream and a large company with vision and purpose.”

We are proud to not only produce the quality mugs our My Starbucks Idea customers have asked for, but to help bring the Ohio ceramics community back to life.

Thanks for all your great ideas—they really do make a big difference.

American Made
posted by marggieannie

route66kicks
3/20/2014 7:51 PM

Positively brilliant work! Thank you so much for making quality items that show how it does matter in the U.S.A.

janalhigh
3/21/2014 12:02 AM

Rather boring!!

Dove Soup
3/21/2014 12:02 AM

That's fabulous! You don't know how many times I didn't but a Starbucks coffee mug because our all American coffee company had their mugs made in China!

Thank you!

I will purchase one this week to show my support and to contribute to the new jobs you just created. Well done!

notime4tea
3/21/2014 2:19 AM

Thank you!  It looks like a quality mug, nicely shaped, and I appreciate the simple design.  More is not always better!  Although I am hoping it is a large mug because more coffee is better!

MomJen
3/21/2014 6:56 PM

Casey! Which stor3s will these Made In America mugs be available....and when?

Thx!!

Regi Stration
3/21/2014 8:36 PM

Wow, the USA can make coffee mugs! I am so proud of our country. Go USA!  Smashing all my Chinese mugs while I type this.

iamcristian
3/22/2014 1:00 AM

This is outstanding news. I'm looking forward to finding these new mugs in my favorite store. Hopefully they are of the same quality as the Indivisible mugs.

TexasLizzard
3/22/2014 4:33 AM

Please inform the public whether these mugs are lead-free or pass the CA lead levels allowed.

Wudnshu
3/22/2014 5:23 AM

Simple elegant design !

Jacque
3/22/2014 7:07 AM

Hand-made in America!  Starbucks Coffee and it's customers deserve no less:-)

Phee
3/22/2014 9:26 PM

I can't wait to try this new mug. The naturally curved edge should work well for sipping a cup of coffee. Thanks

W0WoW0W
3/22/2014 10:07 PM

I wholeheartedly support this as a very good idea.  However, I must ask the most obvious question to me, why not make the US CITY mugs in America, instead of China?  I am put off everytime I see MADE IN CHINA on the bottom of a city mug!  I would be much happy to see- Made in America- FOR AMERICA!

Spotsdad
3/23/2014 5:38 PM

I too applaud this first step back to making Starbucks products in the USA! I'd really like to see all Starbucks products from gift cards to coffee makers made in America by the Americans who have supported your business from day one!!!

The mug reminds me too of the mugs at the cafe/diners here in the east I frequented after a night at work or a night out. I'll be proud to own one.

Mocha@24
3/23/2014 6:07 PM

I hope they will design Spring floral and maybe Winter seasonal/holiday mugs.

cwisnoski
3/24/2014 2:36 AM

Awesome! Now send them more designs!

dxgxp
3/24/2014 8:29 AM

Starbucks, WOW,  Thank you for actually listening to customers and making changes for them!

Great Job - keep up the good work!

Dustytri
3/24/2014 10:31 AM

Is there Any Chane of Making a Stanless mug in the USA?

Now that would be great!

Toronto13
3/24/2014 10:59 AM

Re-release the Global Icon Series to us North American collectors and have them made in USA... A lot of us collectors are upset that you discontinued them here yet the rest of the world still has them in circulation... PLEASE bring back our beloved Icons in USA and Canada.

Kissfan63
3/25/2014 9:24 AM

Anything that can be manufatured in America vs outsourcing is a positive for this country. Hurray to Starbucks for making the BEST coffee on the planet first of all. Bless them for their "Made in America" policies and if they REALLY want to help their loyal customers, maybe Starbucks could try to do more about their pricing structure to help us poor people afford their great product.

tonymac1950
3/25/2014 9:28 AM

Congratulations! And Bravo! I always perceived Mr.Schultze having the right idea and helping the 11miilion out of work Americans is the right thing to do! Thank You!

4splendas
3/25/2014 12:30 PM

cinamon swirl coffee cake  When you dropprdit you lodt me as a daily customer.  what were you thinking?   quite often my starbucks would be sold out early in the morning until I talked with the manager who then increased her order.  Now my morning stop will be Panera Bread until you bring back the cinamon swirl coffee cake.  I have a Kereg and make my Pike Place at home.  I used to spend about $100 a month @ your coffee shops.  not a great deal of money but you lost a loyal customer. Not particularly happy with your change in sweets.

swisspotluck
3/25/2014 2:45 PM

Excellent, this is great news.  I hope this means that ALL your mugs and other items will eventually be made in the USA.

Akilah1
3/25/2014 7:06 PM

Great!  I hope more of your products will be made on USA!

Akilah1
3/25/2014 7:06 PM

Great!  I hope more of your products will be made on USA!

51504sbux
3/26/2014 10:29 AM

Thank you for the "Made In USA" mug.

Let's fill them with Grown in the USA coffee.

Lots of good coffees are grown in Hawaii.

Mahalo

3/26/2014 12:50 PM

@51504sbux Currently in Starbucks Reserve stores Starbucks Reserve 100% Kona Parry Estate is offered while supplies last.  www.starbucks.com/.../starbucks-reserve-100perc-kona-coffee-parry-estate

Ivanna
3/26/2014 10:26 PM

Bravo!  I was so eager to support this decision to offer mugs made in the U.S.A. that I promptly purchased two.  It's highly unusual for me to purchase anything extra these days due to being on a very tight budget; but I believe in bringing job opportunities back to the U.S.A.  I love the mug!  It has quality of craftsmanship.  Drinking my coffee from it, gives me a feeling of pride, and makes me smile, with a renewed sense of optimism for the future, if we choose to invest in creating job opportunities in the U.S.A.

Shelton2K
3/28/2014 3:21 AM

I live nearby and I know this area appreciates the work. When will these mugs be available? We missed out on the first batch a few years ago.

skabetti
3/28/2014 7:32 AM

So pleased with your made in the USA mug.  I have already purchased two and plan to get more.  It is real quality and I love the look.

Years ago, you sold tall water glasses that had a Starbucks insignia that looked frosted on the front.  I would love it if you could bring these back.

skabetti
3/28/2014 7:32 AM

punkin423
3/28/2014 8:19 AM

This is the only mug I will buy.  I will not drink out of Made in China glasses, mugs etc.  Why don't you make ALL your mugs and drinkware in the USA?  Make your committment count, move it ALL back to the USA!!

punkin423
3/28/2014 8:19 AM

punkin423
3/28/2014 8:19 AM

punkin423
3/28/2014 8:20 AM

mantra4ia
3/28/2014 10:36 AM

A+ on the concept.

yumyumcoffeebe
3/29/2014 8:43 AM

I love it! Classic mug design, perfect, calming color with bold contrast logo. I strongly support USA manufacturers and very pleased with Starbucks' decision to do likewise. Less imports---more USA!

jmarc
3/29/2014 8:05 PM

Got mine today.  I love this mug.  PLEASE bring more made in USA drinkware and products to your stores, Starbucks!!!

Pixie35
3/31/2014 6:20 AM

I was so excited to see this!  I am constantly on the lookout for goods made in the USA.  In fact, all of my Christmas shopping last year was USA made goods!  I will buy one of these as soon as they hit the shelves.

Pixie35
3/31/2014 6:20 AM

gailanns
3/31/2014 7:54 AM

Beautiful style, weight and comfort for holding. Daughter bought me one at Duke Hosp. when I was there and I LOVE it.

gailanns
3/31/2014 7:55 AM

gailanns
3/31/2014 7:55 AM

Beeanc
3/31/2014 11:50 AM

I suggested all your mugs and cups be made in America  months ago.  So glad it has happened at least on a small scale. Love Made in the USA. Thanks. Betty

mytnfl
3/31/2014 12:17 PM

totally applaud the Made in the USA initiative.  Even for us Cdns, this is great news!

mio
3/31/2014 12:29 PM

Awesome start, now keep making ALL of the mugs in USA!

janbee
3/31/2014 1:12 PM

THANK YOU!  I avoid buying Starbucks mugs because they aren't made in the USA.  Now I can fill my mug rack with these lovely new mugs and feel good about it.

janbee
3/31/2014 1:12 PM

bwkeyboardman
3/31/2014 8:05 PM

Great news!  Looking forward to getting mine soon.  Thanks!

Zoomtoit
4/1/2014 9:58 AM

Looks like the coveted cafe mug!  "Made in USA" is what it's all about.  More businesses should listen to their customers.  Thank you.

Dimegirl
4/2/2014 5:30 PM

As long as there is a choice between MADE IN THE USA and  Made Everywhere Else then i am happy.That way you have an option to spend more on M.I.T.USA or buy a cheaper mug made elsewhere.

boooo

Awesome!

boooo
4/3/2014 1:01 AM

Awesome!

HLGuy49
4/3/2014 4:41 AM

That's what I love about this country...a mug, made in the USA, in collaboration with ULRICH HONIGSHAUSEN, a classic American name!

mugged@Sbucks
4/3/2014 8:29 AM

Did you say "American Made" with American Craftsman ??

I'm All-In,  Great Idea and Great Work, Casey_C

Can I Purchase these Online ?  Or

When are they in Sbucks Retail Stores ?

Nobody mentioned the Price $$  ?

Sincerely hope their are many-more American Ideas,

American Made,w/American Craftsman, Projects Like This One!

gno0928
4/3/2014 11:54 AM

Re release the US and CAN global icon mugs!! It's so unfair that the rest of the world keeps getting new release ICON mugs and BOTH US&CANADA has the ugly YOU ARE HERE SERIES!! CMON now! It's obviously not original design due to its a copy from DUNKIN DONUT. And the DESIGNS are NOT very appealing...

Hoblet
4/4/2014 9:10 AM

Yay!  thanks!

JohnnieVA
4/5/2014 5:14 AM

Great! To echo another comment...now on to the city mugs. They should be made in America also. I've been collecting those for my daughter. St. Louis is my favorite. Was very disappointed that there is no Charleston, SC mug. One the most historic and beautiful cities in the country and they don't rate their own mug??? What's up with that?

Kristin O
4/5/2014 8:02 AM

Excellent! I can think of two people likely to get one as a gift... :)

Jim Steele
4/5/2014 7:05 PM

Love it. Simple is good.

liberal
4/8/2014 8:57 PM

About time, wish you had more products like this one.

Manoria
4/9/2014 12:48 AM

Someone needs to be honest here: this mug is poorly made! Half have glaze bumps and bubbles, and many have gouges and defects in the base. I so wanted this to be a high quality mug, but am left wondering if the Chinese now make better quality products than US craftsmen. Disappointing....

Cecile
4/13/2014 9:14 AM

I love this mug and would like to see more "Made in the USA drinkware" - thanks!

RAField
4/15/2014 8:26 AM

For all of you interested in learning more about the impact of increased US manufacturing, read or listen to the NPR piece about our work with American Mug and Stein in East Liverpool www.npr.org/.../starbucks-order-gives-ohio-mug-maker-a-jolt

Trace D
4/22/2014 9:27 AM

Why can't Starbucks manufacture all their items locally as well? Having 20 skilled craftsmen in Ohio work on a couple of mugs sounds more like a "token" gesture.

Trace D
4/22/2014 9:27 AM

rockymtnhnd
5/6/2014 9:28 PM

Great Job!! now make the Icon Mugs again!!!

rockymtnhnd
5/6/2014 9:28 PM

Great Job!! now make the Icon Mugs again!!!