Welcome to the Bakery Case: Sliced Loaf Cakes

Over the past year, many of you have asked, “Where did my Iced Lemon Pound Cake go?” or “What happened to my Pumpkin Bread?” Well, your message has been heard, and we have responded.

The La Boulange team has developed some fantastic new sliced loaf cake recipes with cleaner ingredients that will have your taste buds reeling with excitement. Throughout the month of April, you should have seen three of your favorite flavors appear at participating stores in the bakery case:
- Banana Nut Bread
- Iced Lemon Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Bread

Our Banana Nut Bread is filled with real bananas, walnuts, and pecans to give you that scrumptious flavor you would expect straight out of your home kitchen.

The Iced Lemon Pound Cake has a familiar, sweet zestiness and is complemented with a moist yet fluffy pound cake bursting with lemon flavor.

Our new Pumpkin Bread includes ripe pumpkins and a finely balanced dose of spices, packing all those warm, cozy feelings of fall into every bite.

So to bontastic13, you can enjoy that “yummy glaze” on the Iced Lemon Pound Cake again. And Isamedari, be sure to try our new sliced Pumpkin Bread. And definitely head to Starbucks the next time you have a craving for that traditional sliced Banana Nut Bread, davevan.

We certainly hope you are nothing short of thrilled about our new La Boulange® sliced loaves.

Please bring back your original bread loafs
posted by grniz

williamsx6
5/5/2014 5:18 PM

It's great you have such yummy breads. *Sure would be better if there was PSL year round to go with it. Pumpkin bread and PSL. Sounds like a year long gift of greatness. Pretty please!!!!

carollk
5/5/2014 6:24 PM

Glad Starbucks was listening.  Now would please continue listening and bring back similar versions of the reduced-fat coffee cakes you used to carry?  The loaf cakes are good, but are a little high in calories.  The reduced fat coffee cakes were under 400 calories, but were still delicious and much moister than the mini-loaves.

martinezsteph
5/5/2014 6:27 PM

I'm so glad these are making a comeback.  Now can we please have the gingerbread back at Holiday time?  We loyal customer love our loafs.  I really look forward to the Gingerbread and like to buy whole loaves to share with friends and family.  Thanks for listening.

bontastic13
5/5/2014 6:34 PM

Outstanding iced lemon loaf!!!

lizzykim1208
5/5/2014 8:05 PM

I am thrilled that the iced lemon loaf is back. Please keep it year round.

Please, please, please bring back the Gingerbread loaf at Christmas time.

rober1974
5/5/2014 8:32 PM

How about gluten free !!!

HarryPotterMan
5/6/2014 9:50 AM

I like to buy lots of lemon cake and rub it all over my face!  And make a big lemon cake bed and sleep in it!  Mmmmmm.....lemon cake.

17_stars
5/8/2014 9:01 AM

I love the lemon loaf but the one loaf bread I've missed the most is the Chocolate Cinnamon bread. It reminds me of Mexican chocolate and it's just SO GOOD!!! If you can bring that back I would be forever grateful!! :)

carollk
5/8/2014 4:14 PM

That's my favorite too.  Please don't make it higher in calories than it was before.

COFFEEISLIFE
5/11/2014 8:27 AM

New banana walnut loaf cake just doesn't hold up, I could count on it to hold me over for the day, the old version was like twice the weight and much heartier. For years I would get the sausage egg and cheese and one or two Banana Walnut breads. My only choice left would be sausage egg and cheese and one or two instant oatmeals with all the toppings.

Unicorn lover
5/14/2014 2:47 PM

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING BACK THE LEMON SLICE!!

mikero
5/26/2014 9:46 PM

The pastries have gone downhill every few years. The bottom of the barrel is La Boulange. Assembly line baked, frozen, bagged, trucked 1,000 or more miles, thawed, unbagged, reheated, then served 5 or more days later as a very special fresh item. It takes a lot of electrical energy to reheat the pastries to make them 'taste' better. It also clogs up the drive through and the counter lines. I sure miss the old style local pastries. That is why I will only reluctantly eat one if someone else pays for it. I consider La Boulange just filler until I can get good pastry.

MoreTrouble
6/2/2014 12:02 PM

Sadly, these new cakes are terrible compared to the originals. I used to love the lemon loaf, and was so sad when this pale, sickly-sweet and decidedly unlemony cake appeared in its place. I no longer order pastries at Starbucks. PLEASE bring back the original recipes, the La Boulange stuff is all total crap.

grande4latte
6/3/2014 11:49 AM

So happy to have the pumpkin loaf back...slices are bigger and that's ok...hate you messed with perfection the first time..but at least you responded.  Thank you

VentiChi
6/26/2014 1:11 PM

Please bring back the low fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake, please.  It is the best!!  The other cakes just do not have the flavor and they are higher in calories.

dammit
6/27/2014 10:50 AM

'cleaner ingredients' ?

what were we eating?

COFFEEISLIFE
6/27/2014 7:58 PM

I'm getting used to the new form of banana bread with few nuts. I miss the salted caramel squares and salted caramel cake pops

SirMark
7/13/2014 9:29 PM

How many customers does it take to state that La Boulange doesn't meet their expectations, and come here to voice that opinion, before Starbucks recognizes their mistake?

Starbucks had a perfect opportunity to make a change for the better with La Boulange's experience.  And now what we have is La Boulange trying to recreate the the past, and not always succeeding.

akgirl2468
7/27/2014 9:36 AM

THANK YOU for bringing back the pumpkin loaf!! It's as delicious as ever! We go to Starbucks for pumpkin loaf when we're hungry and need a filling snack (after workouts) or for bfast or a light lunch. And our 3 yr old granddaughter is mightily disappointed if we show up without it. We literally buy 4 slices every time we go in for an espresso drink - sometimes more! AND it's one of the few dairy free options in your bakery - extremely important to me. Thank you soooooo much!!!

desertdummy13
7/30/2014 3:16 PM

We need scones back.   They ones don't even compare.   Maple Oat Nut and Cranberry Orange please.

desertdummy13
7/30/2014 3:16 PM

msvstarbucks
8/2/2014 12:45 PM

Please bring back the original Marble loaf cake 😉 the newest one isn't that great at all.

d4life
8/8/2014 3:29 PM

Would love to have a Mexican chocolate flavored frappachino and or a Mexican chocolate flavored hot coffee~ Abuelita Mexican chocolate creamer

d4life
8/8/2014 3:29 PM

kspehert
8/27/2014 12:39 PM

Gluten free needs to be addressed!

Echeverria
9/22/2014 12:26 PM

I have ben going to Starbucks for 3 years its a nice place a ice coffee

SuzanneStamper
11/5/2014 5:03 PM

I don't have to eat gluten free, but periodically the Soup Plantation restaurant has an incredible gluten free coconut muffin with their fresh-baked breads. The manage told me that it is one of their most popular breads - if not the most popular. If you can get that recipe from them it would be a fantastic addition to your pastries. It is so good I don't even care about whatever the fat content is.

I do, however, care about the fat content in the offerings since you started La Boulange. I'm picky about when and what I splurge my calories on and there are not enough reduced fat breads now, and the new ones are not good as the originals were. I also miss the original scones - the blueberry scone was one of my favorite morning treats but I don't really care for the new version. My mom misses the maple scones.