We love hearing feedback and ideas from our customers and strive to make sure we’re providing features that are both relevant and convenient for you. Today we’re excited to release an update to the Starbucks® app for iPhone® that includes two important features you’ve told us you want: mobile menu and Mobile Order & Pay.
• Mobile Menu: It’s back – a version of our Starbucks menu has returned to the app. Now you can quickly browse and search the mobile menu to find and try new or favorite items as well as get nutritional information (when available). Right now, the menu highlights products that are available nationally and we have plans to expand the mobile menu further so that it contains all of your favorite Starbucks items.
• Mobile Order & Pay: Available first in participating stores in Portland, Oregon, the new feature of the Starbucks® app for iPhone® allows you to order and pay for your Starbucks order directly from your phone. Just as you would when ordering with a barista, you can also fully customize your drinks right from the app.
Here's how to use Mobile Order & Pay in Portland:
- Download version 3.2 of the Starbucks® app for iPhone® if you do not have it already.
- Tap on ‘menu’
- The app will prompt you to enable location services. (Mobile Order & Pay will only work if you’ve enabled location services. This allows us to know where to send your order.)
- Search or browse for your favorite items, add them to your order, and customize them if you’d like.
- Confirm your preferred Starbucks® store for pick-up and place your order.
The app will provide an estimated wait time so you know when your order will be ready, and when to arrive at the store.
And, if you are in the United States but outside of the Portland area, we are looking forward to rolling this feature out in select markets in the coming months.
This is just the beginning of a whole new wave of exciting new services and experiences, so stay tuned. In the meantime, give the updated app a try and let us know what you think.
Update 3/17/2015 - We’re excited to announce that with the expansion of Mobile Order & Pay to select stores in Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Alaska, even more customers can skip the line and order their favorite food and beverages from their phone. We will continue rolling out this feature across the country in the coming months.