Coming Soon: Starbucks Delivery

We've received a lot of requests for Starbucks delivery through My Starbucks Idea as well as from fans through social media. Well we've heard you loud and clear—and have been looking into different ways to provide this service to customers. Today, I'm proud to announce two ways we are making this idea a reality.

The first is through a strategic collaboration with Postmates, a leading on-demand delivery service which will allow customers to order their food or beverage items via the Starbucks mobile app and receive on-demand delivery within defined areas. This Starbucks delivery pilot will begin in Seattle in the second half of 2015.

Our second model is perfect for densely populated environments like office buildings—which is exactly where we’ll have baristas on hand to provide an exclusive delivery service. This will be great for places like New York City which is exactly where we plan to test this model which we’re calling “green apron” delivery. This will also test in the second half of 2015.

We’re just getting started and will have more to share when we’re closer to rolling these out. Until then—stay tuned!

cupajoe4evamoe
4/20/2015 11:48 PM

Love what the Delivery Roll Out is shaping up to be....Sounds Exciting...happy to hear this news...=)

Soundgirl04
4/24/2015 12:26 PM

Maybe Orlando too? It's a little more spread out, but we'd probably pay a small delivery fee for excellent coffee at our beck and call. :-)

Alexis35220
4/26/2015 11:13 PM

Dallas, Texas would greatly appreciate that. The lines are long in there and we have to get on the road earlier than people in New York because it is spread out more to get to places on time. Most people would pay a delivery fee anyway to have Starbucks delivered to their door. The closest on too me that isn't in a store is 11 minutes away (4.1 miles away) and since it's the most relevant, it's packed.

StrabucksBosto
6/8/2015 9:50 PM

Boston!!

Moueska
7/5/2015 1:45 PM

I'm in Seattle now. We're a big, bustling metropolis with a Starbucks on every corner. Honestly - What would possibly be better place to try this out at?  (Except, of course, Chicago and New York, which are also bustling, less friendly metropolises.)

Sweetmami391
12/2/2015 6:05 AM

Please do this in Thibodaux, LA!!! I live 7 min from the nearest SB and sometimes I don't have a car to get there!!!

jaydenmictiff
12/19/2015 4:10 PM

California,PLEASE!

Jupiter57
2/15/2016 12:52 PM

St. Louis!  The elementary school in which I teach could make this profitable.

DBR
3/9/2016 10:31 AM

Wisconsin needs this! Coming from Seattle and SanJose were there is a Starbucks on every corner, I sometimes have to stop at other Coffee Houses to get a latte and I hate it!  Bring it to Wisconsin to test it out!

nattie05
3/11/2016 12:56 PM

Are there any plans to expand delivery to Texas, particularly throughout major cities like San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas, and not just within the downtown area?

tricia032
8/9/2016 8:11 AM

Can you post an update?

GoldPayton
9/10/2016 9:34 AM

For my fellow Dallas friends, DoorDash delivers Starbucks for an extra $6.99. A steep delivery fee but it's the price you pay for convenience! :)