Starbucks app + Apple Watch

Over the years, your ideas have inspired many new features and functions for the Starbucks® app for iPhone® including: Pick of the Week, Mobile Order & Pay, shake-to-pay, digital tipping, Card reload with Apple Pay™, and tracking Stars and earned rewards.

Today we released an update to our app that allows app users in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. to synch with Apple Watch™.

With the Starbucks app for iPhone® v3.2.5 installed and synced with Apple Watch, you’ll be able to:

- View your My Starbucks Rewards® Star balance and track earned rewards

- Find nearby Starbucks® stores, including those with a drive-thru or Starbucks Reserve® coffees

- See all of your Starbucks Cards balances and card details

- Pay with your Apple Watch in participating Starbucks stores using Passbook®

You can download the latest version of the Starbucks® app for iPhone® here. We can’t wait to hear what you think.

SBUX King
4/28/2015 10:35 AM

This is a terrific idea!

nicole248
5/2/2015 4:50 PM

Why can't this idea be implemented for Android wear/Samsung gear as well. I have a Gold starbucks card and would like a way to pay on my Samsung Gear watch just like an iWatch.

pdxmark2
5/4/2015 6:01 PM

I received my Apple Watch a couple of days ago and have used the app a couple of times to pay for my purchases. It's a little convoluted getting to the screen where the bar code is displayed, and then keeping it displayed while I'm interacting with the person taking my order. I know most app developers kind of had to do the development somewhat in the dark, without actual watches to test the app functionality. Hoping that in the future Starbucks can use location technology to make the app/barcode portion easy or quick to find when I'm in a store. Walgreens seems to have made this happen -- when I'm within a quarter of a mile of a Walgreens store, my watch tries to show my Walgreens card. Thanks!

dtv852
5/8/2015 7:35 AM

My bar code is inaccessible and only the card number appears on my Apple Watch. It isn't worth the hassle fumbling around with the watch when the iPhone works so well to pay.

mgiversen
5/14/2015 2:51 PM

Why does it not show up on Passbook like the other cards, where you can double tab the lower button?  Just like the iPhone.

ramonk
5/15/2015 1:26 PM

Definitely, definitely need this for Android Wear. I've used the Coffee Time app until now to pay with my Moto360 watch (and did so long before the iWatch came out!), but I want a Android Wear app that shows the bar code and tracks/reminds me of my special offers, stars, and balance.

Can you give an ETA for this? Thanks!

Kris7974
6/17/2015 1:55 PM

I love this and used it three times already, but one thing I order and could not find an option for was my drink extra hot. Does anyone know how I am able to include this in my order? Also, I like to order just ice....I know weird but I do and that option is not available. So once I get there I have to ask for just a cup of ice when my drink is already ready.

chancebr
7/2/2015 3:40 PM

I wish you would develop the android app to include the new features in the apple app.

TonyF64
7/20/2015 1:44 PM

You say you won't make a Windows Phone app because there are not enough Windows Phone users.  I'd be willing to bet there are more Windows Phone users than Apple Watch users out there.  Why is the watch getting priority?  Now that the API locks out third party app developers it is time for Starbucks to step up and develop a first party Windows Phone app!

sheslyon
10/18/2015 2:19 PM

I love the mobile ordering, it works great. My only problem

is I can't find an option for no whipped cream on my mocha.  Before I updated the app it was there, now it isn't.

Dreeemer
10/28/2015 5:28 PM

Wear Codes for Android already exists. Store all the loyalty programs-except S-bux!

U can screen shot it, scan a barcode, or input numbers. S-bux only shows numbers, with all but last 4 digits hidden.

Just give us a way to see our virtual card number!

Dreeemer
10/28/2015 5:54 PM

There is one for Android.

Called Wear Codes for Android.

U have to input it manually...

On the virtual app card, go to pay. U see the entire number. Go to Starbucks input section. Put in the numbers without spaces. It converts into a scanner code.

It works for all loyalty programs. Haven't tried it yet for S-bux, but it should work fine.

eddykanejr
11/6/2015 8:30 PM

I like the mobile app but for some reason it doesn't let you take off whip. I select ot but it doesn't work. Also I think it would be great for the nutritional information to change as things are added or subtracted. And it would be great to have an option to choose your pick up time.